ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously,if the Chiefs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254961)

Nzoner 01-12-2012 10:03 AM

Seriously,if the Chiefs...

somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

His regular season success, though, does not mean that the future Hall of Famer should be absolved from criticism for his team’s repeated failures in January.

He has racked up seven one-and-done postseason exits—the most of any quarterback in NFL history. Overall, he owns a 9-10 record in 11 playoff appearances, whereas Eli is an incredible 9-3 with two Super Bowl MVP awards.

Iconic 01-12-2012 10:04 AM

No.

Demonpenz 01-12-2012 10:06 AM

No matter the hate, I think it would be too much fun watching him running the show.

-King- 01-12-2012 10:08 AM

No. That just sounds reeruned.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Iron Chief 01-12-2012 10:08 AM

I also do not carry a banner for him but.. Peyton to Bowe TD KANNSSAS CITY!!! sure sounds fun.

That said I'm leaning against it.

Joe montana was long in the tooth not injured goods.

bevischief 01-12-2012 10:09 AM

He done. First hit and he is out on a stretcher.

notorious 01-12-2012 10:10 AM

Peyton or Cassel.........

That's an easy decision.

DaKCMan AP 01-12-2012 10:10 AM

Don't share your feelings.

talastan 01-12-2012 10:11 AM

If we landed Peyton I personally would feel apathetic about it. If he does well and win some playoff games, great. But my enthusiasm would be tempered by the fact that we still will have not drafted and developed a QB of our own. Until we learn to do this our team will not be able to be perennial contenders.

MTG#10 01-12-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288074)
somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

So if he took us to the superbowl you wouldnt watch, or would watch and root against the Chiefs? BS

MIAdragon 01-12-2012 10:12 AM

I dont think the guy plays another snap, Im not too worried.

htismaqe 01-12-2012 10:13 AM

If Manning came here and won a Super Bowl and then retired, I'm all for it.

It's all about the trophy.

Because ultimately the need to draft and develop our own QB is about winning the Super Bowl, not about drafting and developing our own QB.

DaKCMan AP 01-12-2012 10:13 AM

There have been many more despicable, low-life, criminal types who have played for the Chiefs. Refusing to cheer for them because of Peyton Manning would be, IMO, highly hypocritical and pathetic.

KC_Lee 01-12-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8288097)
If we landed Peyton I personally would feel apathetic about it. If he does well and win some playoff games, great. But my enthusiasm would be tempered by the fact that we still will have not drafted and developed a QB of our own. Until we learn to do this our team will not be able to be perennial contenders.

Agreed. Putting aside the whole "Is Peyton done?" question this would just be history repeating itself over and over regarding this franchise and developing our own QB.

Rasputin 01-12-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8288097)

Yes, this.

I absoluletly hate retread quarterbacks. I just love Chiefs football and hope we change the tune of how they go about aquiring and developing QBs. It may take another 10 years before they figure out that repeting the same thing isn't going get us a Super Bowl any sooner so why not pick one in the draft and go for it.