ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Duane Brown's New Deal: A barometer for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262462)

DaneMcCloud 08-16-2012 02:21 PM

Duane Brown's New Deal: A barometer for Albert

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-53-4-million/

The team did not announce any terms of the deal, but John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that it is for six years and $53.4 million. That’s an average of just under $9 million per season, which is a pretty good price for a left tackle turning 27 this month and coming off a season that saw him named a second-team All-Pro. Per McClain, the extension kicks in after this season — Brown will make $2.08 million this year — and guarantees the tackle upward of $22 million.

-----------------------

So, Albert's probably looking at around $8 million per with guarantees around $18-20 million. I don't see how or why that shouldn't get done, assuming Albert has a solid year.

the Talking Can 08-16-2012 02:22 PM

pocket change

Direckshun 08-16-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8823225)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-53-4-million/

The team did not announce any terms of the deal, but John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that it is for six years and $53.4 million. That’s an average of just under $9 million per season, which is a pretty good price for a left tackle turning 27 this month and coming off a season that saw him named a second-team All-Pro. Per McClain, the extension kicks in after this season — Brown will make $2.08 million this year — and guarantees the tackle upward of $22 million.

-----------------------

So, Albert's probably looking at around $8 million per with guarantees around $18-20 million. I don't see how or why that shouldn't get done, assuming Albert has a solid year.

Get that shit done before the season ends, Scott.

Free up the tag for Bowe.

The Franchise 08-16-2012 02:27 PM

I'd easily pay Albert that.

mcaj22 08-16-2012 02:37 PM

if Pioli dicks around like he did Carr and now Bowe with Albert and doesnt pony this money up then I am done with him as a GM

TEX 08-16-2012 02:37 PM

Here's the deal - Brown said all along that he wanted to work something out now. It was in the Texans best interest to sign him now because next year his original contract, along with Schaub's and Barwin's, will expire.

TEX 08-16-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8823298)
if Pioli dicks around like he did Carr and now Bowe with Albert and doesnt pony this money up then I am done with him as a GM

Patriot way?

DaneMcCloud 08-16-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

:crybaby:

Sofa King 08-16-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

He didn't dick around with Carr. He let him go. And he's also paid plenty of great players... Hali, Charles, DJ, Flowers and he gave a huge contract to a safety in Berry.

Who is to say Bowe isn't being unrealistic. I'm betting he is asking way too much..

the Talking Can 08-16-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8823341)
he gave a huge contract to a safety in Berry.

Who is to say Bowe isn't being unrealistic. I'm betting he is asking way too much..

he signed a draft pick...how special of Clark

oldman 08-16-2012 03:02 PM

Left tackles are expensive, but I'm not sure Albert has shown me he's worth $8M a year. He's solid, but not in the top 5. Show me something by game 8. I'd love to see him step to that next level in red and gold.
Bowe, on the other hand, is probably due about $8.5-9M a year. Again, show me you won't drop passes and will remain a solid citizen with RAC as your coach. The talent is there, just not sure about the professionalism.

DaneMcCloud 08-16-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

He gave a huge contract to a safety in Berry.

LMAO LMAO

What the **** was he SUPPOSED to do? He was drafted NUMBER FIVE OVERALL.

Did you expect Pioli to pay him like a 5th rounder?

Quote:

Complete speculation with absolutely no redeeming value.

Garcia Bronco 08-16-2012 03:07 PM

Go Hokies!!!

TEX 08-16-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 8823379)
Left tackles are expensive, but I'm not sure Albert has shown me he's worth $8M a year. He's solid, but not in the top 5. Show me something by game 8. I'd love to see him step to that next level in red and gold.
Bowe, on the other hand, is probably due about $8.5-9M a year. Again, show me you won't drop passes and will remain a solid citizen with RAC as your coach. The talent is there, just not sure about the professionalism.

This all day long. Except Bowe seems to have grown up a lot since he was drafted.

BossChief 08-16-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Do you ever stop whining?

When will you idiots stop with this dumbshit patriot way crying act?

Things the patriot way doesn't do:

Draft a safety top 5 (Berry)
Draft a wide receiver in the first round (Baldwin)
Sign players to big money contracts (Hali, DJ, Flowers, etc)
Draft problem players (Houston, Baldwin)
Sign problem players (Hillis, Routt)

Some of you act like teenage girls with this shit.