ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Thinking of trading XBox 360 for PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263006)

DBOSHO 08-30-2012 03:22 PM

IMO xbox live is clearly the better experience with ps3 having no in game party chat(unless theyve updated it since ive owned one) and the majority of the gaming community owning xboxes.

But if you dont plan on gaming online alot ps3 would be the better option for you.

The major irk i have with ps3s is the insane ammount of time it takes to update a game.

I rented gran turismo and it had to update so at 745 i left it to update while i went out. I shit you not, i got home at 1030 and it was 88% done.

Quesadilla Joe 08-30-2012 03:55 PM

XBOX controllers are garbage. I can't tell you how many times that damn thing would turn off for no reason while I was playing a game. It's never happened once with my PS3 controller.

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864368)
Anybody know if I can control the built-in bluray player with a programmable remote? Or can I buy a remote for it? This would allow me to eliminate a device in my entertainment center.

You can. I use a Harmony.

Ceej 08-30-2012 04:13 PM

I'm a 360 guy through and through.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8865342)
XBOX controllers are garbage. I can't tell you how many times that damn thing would turn off for no reason while I was playing a game. It's never happened once with my PS3 controller.

Never happened to me once in the 5 years I've had a 360.

Gonzo 08-30-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8865376)
Never happened to me once in the 5 years I've had a 360.

Happened to me a couple times and the system is brand new.
I have t been happy wih it at all.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8865382)
Happened to me a couple times and the system is brand new.
I have t been happy wih it at all.

Yeeeesh. Shit hardware. No denying.

Only persistent problem I have is the drive not reading the discs. I have to eject the disc and keep trying til it loads. ****in NES all over.

Pants 08-30-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864570)
Wow.

I feel like I got ripped off.

I don't know if they still make them, but I used to buy M$ brand USB rechargeable controllers for like $40 (they came with the USB cable and everything). I never, ever, used any batteries with any of my controllers. I shit you not, I'm also on my original 360 (I got it in 2007 or 2008, IIRC) - I guess I'm one of the few lucky people like that, lol.

Pablo 08-30-2012 06:11 PM

I just hate the PS3 controllers. They're made for tiny, Japanese hands. Other than that they're a better machine overall.

007 08-30-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8864065)
Well Xbox Live is better than PSN. No getting around it, it's much more user friendly and offers more, but you have to pay for it.

completely disagree.

also, the xbox dashboard sucks huge donkey balls now too.

007 08-30-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8864591)
I've bought and sold 3 360s.

I've bought 2 ps3s and gave one to my future gf. I would never sell my ps3.

Its run like a dream since 2008.

Yep, I've gotten 4 years out of my ONE PS3. In the last 5 years I am on my THIRD xbox. ONe was a repair and the other a trade in for the new model when it came out.

Valiant 08-30-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8865342)

I have never had that happen.. Ever.. Of course I have broken 2 or 3 controllers from throwing them and twisting them apart..

Launch console with zero problems still to date..I don't even want to know how much use it has gotten... I sometimes forget to turn it off.. Runs like a charm and quiet..

I am lucky, still cant seem to win the lottery though..

lcarus 08-30-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864272)
I play almost exclusively offline. However, I am a "completionist" when it comes to the achievements.

NOTHING pisses me off more than to find out that I can get 45 of 50 achievements just fine but to get the last 5, I have to have a ****ing Gold account so that I can play a half dozen "ranked" matches.

Online trophies an achievements are the reason why I don't even **** with trying to get them all

Quesadilla Joe 08-30-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8866130)
I have never had that happen.. Ever.. Of course I have broken 2 or 3 controllers from throwing them and twisting them apart..

Launch console with zero problems still to date..I don't even want to know how much use it has gotten... I sometimes forget to turn it off.. Runs like a charm and quiet..

I am lucky, still cant seem to win the lottery though..

I had nothing but problems with my 360. It worked well for a year and went to shit after that. I had to send it in to get repaired every 6 months like clockwork after that first year. After the third or fourth time I had it repaired I sold it and bought a PS3. I was actually praying to get the RROD just so I would get the three year warranty, never got it though. :cuss:

htismaqe 08-31-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8865275)
IMO xbox live is clearly the better experience with ps3 having no in game party chat(unless theyve updated it since ive owned one) and the majority of the gaming community owning xboxes.

Yeah, I have zero use for in-game chat, out-of-game chat, or anything remotely like it. Nothing like trying to play while listening to 12-year olds call people bundle of stickss when they die...