ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Thinking of trading XBox 360 for PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263006)

htismaqe 08-30-2012 07:23 AM

Thinking of trading XBox 360 for PS3

Pretty fed up with the whole XBox Live "Gold" idea. Can't watch Netflix without Gold. Can't watch ESPN without Gold. Can't finish achievements on most games without Gold (because the achievements relate to online play somehow).

And now I bought an old coop game (Sacred 2) to play with my daughter and it's all ****ed up because Microsoft wants her to pay for a Gold account TOO.

With the next gen consoles probably 18 months out, is it worth it to make the switch? How does PSN (the free version, not PSN+) compare to XBox Live? If I like to play Live Arcade games, will I regret changing?

Try to keep the fanboi stuff to a minimum, I would like some sincere responses. :)

Gonzo 08-30-2012 07:40 AM

I have both and have to say, PS3 is far more user friendly. I'll be trading in my Xbox soon for an iPad.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 07:44 AM

I'd say it's worth making the switch. My 360 has been collecting dust for a couple months now. I really only play it when some of my old buds are wanting to jump on COD and 360 is all they have -- or when a killer XBLA game hits the stores (not too often, last one I bought was Fez). This will be my last year to pay for Gold membership.

New World Order 08-30-2012 07:47 AM

I actually traded my ps3 for a 360 a couple of years ago and have regretted it. PS3 is much better, plus you get a firmware upgradable blu ray player, although I don't think they have espn through psn. I say go for it

Sofa King 08-30-2012 07:51 AM

You'll be happy you switched.

New World Order 08-30-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8863988)
Pretty fed up with the whole XBox Live "Gold" idea. Can't watch Netflix without Gold. Can't watch ESPN without Gold. Can't finish achievements on most games without Gold (because the achievements relate to online play somehow).

And now I bought an old coop game (Sacred 2) to play with my daughter and it's all ****ed up because Microsoft wants her to pay for a Gold account TOO.

With the next gen consoles probably 18 months out, is it worth it to make the switch? How does PSN (the free version, not PSN+) compare to XBox Live? If I like to play Live Arcade games, will I regret changing?

Try to keep the fanboi stuff to a minimum, I would like some sincere responses. :)

Well Xbox Live is better than PSN. No getting around it, it's much more user friendly and offers more, but you have to pay for it.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8863988)

I have never owned an XBOX, but do own a PS3.

Wow, thats price gouging and complete BS. I cant believe microsoft hasnt changed their business model to compete with Sony.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8864065)
Well Xbox Live is better than PSN. No getting around it, it's much more user friendly and offers more, but you have to pay for it.

It is a very cool service. I just don't use enough of it to justify paying the price.

Plus, the Netflix thing really pisses me off.

As does having to pay to play online to get the most out of a game I already ****ing paid $60 for...

htismaqe 08-30-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8864081)

Wow, thats price gouging and complete BS. I cant believe microsoft hasnt changed their business model to compete with Sony.

Actually, the industry discussion is that Sony needs to change their model to compete with Microsoft.

MS is making money hand over fist. Sony is getting fisted financially.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864089)
Actually, the industry discussion is that Sony needs to change their model to compete with Microsoft.

MS is making money hand over fist. Sony is getting fisted financially.

IM surprised they would do this but they must see a demand there? If they do this, then they have lost me as an online customer.

I wonder what Nintenos plan is with the Wii u store?

Valiant 08-30-2012 09:24 AM

Live is hands down a superior product. But that is for people who use it a lot. Also why I only buy live when I get it for around 30bucks. That way it onlys averages out to 3bucks a month.

I do agree on the netflix, you should be able to use it on silver. Honestly someone should do a change.org petition.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8864248)
Live is hands down a superior product. But that is for people who use it a lot. Also why I only buy live when I get it for around 30bucks. That way it onlys averages out to 3bucks a month.

I do agree on the netflix, you should be able to use it on silver. Honestly someone should do a change.org petition.

I play almost exclusively offline. However, I am a "completionist" when it comes to the achievements.

NOTHING pisses me off more than to find out that I can get 45 of 50 achievements just fine but to get the last 5, I have to have a ****ing Gold account so that I can play a half dozen "ranked" matches.

jd1020 08-30-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8864081)

I'm more surprised that Sony hasn't changed its business model to charge for the online content.

I have both and I usually buy games for the Xbox because I think their controllers are more comfortable.

But I rarely play/buy console games and when I do it's never online. If I'm buying a game for online, and not single player, it's on PC. Hell, if I had an up to date computer I wouldn't even have a console system period. Gaming is much better on a computer, imo, because its more precise. It's just cheaper to use a console.

The Franchise 08-30-2012 09:39 AM

I switched back around Halo 3 and have been happy ever since. Yeah I missed out on Fable 3....but I figure that I can always go back and pick up a used, cheap Xbox 360 to play it if I want too.

Saulbadguy 08-30-2012 09:44 AM

360 has very few exclusives worth playing. Mine collects dust.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8864282)
I switched back around Halo 3 and have been happy ever since. Yeah I missed out on Fable 3....but I figure that I can always go back and pick up a used, cheap Xbox 360 to play it if I want too.

Fable 3 was pretty good but it wasn't as good as Fable 2.

And I personally thought Amalur was better than both.

CoMoChief 08-30-2012 10:11 AM

I did this before last Xmas and it was a very good decision to do so.

Only downfall is most of my friends have Xbox Live, as do most people. But I like not having to pay for a monthly fee.

And with the BluRay player, I don't know why anyone would get an Xbox, unless you're 12yrs old and play Halo.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 10:19 AM

Anybody know if I can control the built-in bluray player with a programmable remote? Or can I buy a remote for it? This would allow me to eliminate a device in my entertainment center.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8864348)
And with the BluRay player, I don't know why anyone would get an Xbox, unless you're 12yrs old and play Halo.

heh, I wonder if anyone ever breaks out their HD DVD movies to watch on their XBOX?.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8864395)
heh, I wonder if anyone ever breaks out their HD DVD movies to watch on their XBOX?.

I have watched regular DVDs on the XBox but using the controller is horrible and couldn't justify buying a remote when I still needed my BR player sitting next to it.

I'll buy a remote for the PS3 if it means putting the BR player in a box and consolidating...

Chiefs Pantalones 08-30-2012 10:36 AM

I used to have an Xbox but sold it and bought a PS3. It's so much better and with the Blu-Ray you can't go wrong overall. JMO but the graphics are better as well.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864406)
I'll buy a remote for the PS3 if it means putting the BR player in a box and consolidating...

I watch movies on my PS3 all the time and use the regular controller. Its really not that hard once you get used to it. Even my wife can do it. LOL I pretty much use my PS3 as my living room media center convergence. Movies, Games, Music that I stream from another box, Netflix, Sunday Ticket, etc…..

htismaqe 08-30-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8864432)
I watch movies on my PS3 all the time and use the regular controller. Its really not that hard once you get used to it. Even my wife can do it. LOL I pretty much use my PS3 as my living room media center convergence. Movies, Games, Music that I stream from another box, Netflix, Sunday Ticket, etc…..

The problem is that you either have to keep the controller live (which tears through batteries) or wake the controller up to pause the movie (30 seconds too late).

Using the controller on the Xbox is a huge hassle.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864449)
The problem is that you either have to keep the controller live (which tears through batteries) or wake the controller up to pause the movie (30 seconds too late).

Using the controller on the Xbox is a huge hassle.

The PS3 controllers have a battery that can recharge through the USB ports. I usually always have 1 plugged in charging. The charge does last awhile though but that depends on usage of course. I don’t think there is any sleep mode on them either. Ive never had a problem with delay.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8864476)
The PS3 controllers have a battery that can recharge through the USB ports. I usually always have 1 plugged in charging. The charge does last awhile though but that depends on usage of course. I don’t think there is any sleep mode on them either. Ive never had a problem with delay.

Really? It comes with a rechargeable battery standard?

You can buy a USB charger for the 360 controllers and it's like $50 extra. The standard controller just uses regular AA batteries and it goes through them pretty fast.

I got a Nikko (or MadCatz) base station with 2 battery packs eventually to avoid paying so much for batteries.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864502)
Really? It comes with a rechargeable battery standard?

yes.

I have one of the newer versions of the PS3. The slim design from a few years ago. I have no idea about the earlier versions?

Buck 08-30-2012 11:09 AM

PS3 is internal rechargeable battery only.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 11:12 AM

Wow.

I feel like I got ripped off.

Buck 08-30-2012 11:19 AM

I've bought and sold 3 360s.

I've bought 2 ps3s and gave one to my future gf. I would never sell my ps3.

Its run like a dream since 2008.

htismaqe 08-30-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8864591)

I bought my 360 before the PS3 even came out, so there was never really a choice for me.

Won't be making that mistake this time around, regardless of who gets their box out first.

DBOSHO 08-30-2012 03:22 PM

IMO xbox live is clearly the better experience with ps3 having no in game party chat(unless theyve updated it since ive owned one) and the majority of the gaming community owning xboxes.

But if you dont plan on gaming online alot ps3 would be the better option for you.

The major irk i have with ps3s is the insane ammount of time it takes to update a game.

I rented gran turismo and it had to update so at 745 i left it to update while i went out. I shit you not, i got home at 1030 and it was 88% done.

Quesadilla Joe 08-30-2012 03:55 PM

XBOX controllers are garbage. I can't tell you how many times that damn thing would turn off for no reason while I was playing a game. It's never happened once with my PS3 controller.

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864368)
Anybody know if I can control the built-in bluray player with a programmable remote? Or can I buy a remote for it? This would allow me to eliminate a device in my entertainment center.

You can. I use a Harmony.

Ceej 08-30-2012 04:13 PM

I'm a 360 guy through and through.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8865342)
XBOX controllers are garbage. I can't tell you how many times that damn thing would turn off for no reason while I was playing a game. It's never happened once with my PS3 controller.

Never happened to me once in the 5 years I've had a 360.

Gonzo 08-30-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8865376)
Never happened to me once in the 5 years I've had a 360.

Happened to me a couple times and the system is brand new.
I have t been happy wih it at all.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8865382)
Happened to me a couple times and the system is brand new.
I have t been happy wih it at all.

Yeeeesh. Shit hardware. No denying.

Only persistent problem I have is the drive not reading the discs. I have to eject the disc and keep trying til it loads. ****in NES all over.

Pants 08-30-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864570)
Wow.

I feel like I got ripped off.

I don't know if they still make them, but I used to buy M$ brand USB rechargeable controllers for like $40 (they came with the USB cable and everything). I never, ever, used any batteries with any of my controllers. I shit you not, I'm also on my original 360 (I got it in 2007 or 2008, IIRC) - I guess I'm one of the few lucky people like that, lol.

Pablo 08-30-2012 06:11 PM

I just hate the PS3 controllers. They're made for tiny, Japanese hands. Other than that they're a better machine overall.

007 08-30-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8864065)

completely disagree.

also, the xbox dashboard sucks huge donkey balls now too.

007 08-30-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8864591)

Yep, I've gotten 4 years out of my ONE PS3. In the last 5 years I am on my THIRD xbox. ONe was a repair and the other a trade in for the new model when it came out.

Valiant 08-30-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8865342)

I have never had that happen.. Ever.. Of course I have broken 2 or 3 controllers from throwing them and twisting them apart..

Launch console with zero problems still to date..I don't even want to know how much use it has gotten... I sometimes forget to turn it off.. Runs like a charm and quiet..

I am lucky, still cant seem to win the lottery though..

lcarus 08-30-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864272)
I play almost exclusively offline. However, I am a "completionist" when it comes to the achievements.

NOTHING pisses me off more than to find out that I can get 45 of 50 achievements just fine but to get the last 5, I have to have a ****ing Gold account so that I can play a half dozen "ranked" matches.

Online trophies an achievements are the reason why I don't even **** with trying to get them all

Quesadilla Joe 08-30-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8866130)
I have never had that happen.. Ever.. Of course I have broken 2 or 3 controllers from throwing them and twisting them apart..

Launch console with zero problems still to date..I don't even want to know how much use it has gotten... I sometimes forget to turn it off.. Runs like a charm and quiet..

I am lucky, still cant seem to win the lottery though..

I had nothing but problems with my 360. It worked well for a year and went to shit after that. I had to send it in to get repaired every 6 months like clockwork after that first year. After the third or fourth time I had it repaired I sold it and bought a PS3. I was actually praying to get the RROD just so I would get the three year warranty, never got it though. :cuss:

htismaqe 08-31-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8865275)
IMO xbox live is clearly the better experience with ps3 having no in game party chat(unless theyve updated it since ive owned one) and the majority of the gaming community owning xboxes.

Yeah, I have zero use for in-game chat, out-of-game chat, or anything remotely like it. Nothing like trying to play while listening to 12-year olds call people bundle of stickss when they die...

htismaqe 08-31-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8865371)
I'm a 360 guy through and through.

I was too until I realized that I'm tired of paying extra for EVERYTHING.

htismaqe 08-31-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8865528)
I don't know if they still make them, but I used to buy M$ brand USB rechargeable controllers for like $40 (they came with the USB cable and everything). I never, ever, used any batteries with any of my controllers. I shit you not, I'm also on my original 360 (I got it in 2007 or 2008, IIRC) - I guess I'm one of the few lucky people like that, lol.

I bought a charger too eventually. That wasn't my point.

htismaqe 08-31-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8866365)
I had nothing but problems with my 360. It worked well for a year and went to shit after that. I had to send it in to get repaired every 6 months like clockwork after that first year. After the third or fourth time I had it repaired I sold it and bought a PS3. I was actually praying to get the RROD just so I would get the three year warranty, never got it though. :cuss:

I had my launch 360 until the slim came out. Only had it repaired once (video card failed).

Ceej 08-31-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8867590)
I was too until I realized that I'm tired of paying extra for EVERYTHING.

Eh, I don't mind it.

I only pay additional $$$ for XBL (which isn't terribly bad) and new games if I want them.

That's about it.

Luke Warm 08-31-2012 07:41 AM

You should've had a ps3 from the get go.

htismaqe 08-31-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8867700)
You should've had a ps3 from the get go.

As I mentioned before, the PS3 didn't exist when I bought my 360.

Sofa King 08-31-2012 08:11 AM

Plus the players that use Ps3's are just better people overall.

Deberg_1990 08-31-2012 09:27 AM

It was a few year ahead of its time and priced way high.....took a few years to finally catch on, but the PS3 is an excellent piece of hardware.

Actually both the XBOX and PS3 are going to be around for a long time, even when the next gen stuff comes around. Amazing to think they have both lasted 6 or 7 years now with no replacement. How much better can gaming get?

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8864033)
I'd say it's worth making the switch. My 360 has been collecting dust for a couple months now. I really only play it when some of my old buds are wanting to jump on COD and 360 is all they have -- or when a killer XBLA game hits the stores (not too often, last one I bought was Fez). This will be my last year to pay for Gold membership.

:eek: No shit. I WIN MOTHER****ER!!! :p

QuikSsurfer 08-31-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8867888)
:eek: No shit. I WIN MOTHER****ER!!! :p

heh.. did I make a bet that I don't remember??

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 09:52 AM

Surprised no one mentioned that the PS3 has a remote controller for playing Blu Rays. IIRC, ****er may be universal and programmable to your TV and Cable box.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-31-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8867901)
heh.. did I make a bet that I don't remember??

Not at all. We just went back and forth on it in the fanboi days. I was shocked as **** to read that post. Glad to have you on the right side though. :D

QuikSsurfer 08-31-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8867904)
Not at all. We just went back and forth on it in the fanboi days. I was shocked as **** to read that post. Glad to have you on the right side though. :D

Ah yeah.. I was hardcore..
Well i'm actually a part of the master race now (but my PS3 is my main console).

Rausch 08-31-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8864368)

The joystick is the remote.

It's hard for non-gamers to adapt to but if you're use to a controller it's no big deal...

htismaqe 08-31-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8867919)
The joystick is the remote.

It's hard for non-gamers to adapt to but if you're use to a controller it's no big deal...

Now that I know the controller is rechargeable, I'm fine with using it.

If you read back, my beef was that the factory XBox 360 controller uses batteries so using it as a remote can either be very inconvenient or very expensive, depending on whether or not you leave it on all the time.

007 08-31-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8868034)
Now that I know the controller is rechargeable, I'm fine with using it.

If you read back, my beef was that the factory XBox 360 controller uses batteries so using it as a remote can either be very inconvenient or very expensive, depending on whether or not you leave it on all the time.

the PS3 controller is so much lighter too because of the lack of traditional batteries.

Setsuna 09-02-2012 08:17 PM

How can you trade it in? I have like 6 games for it too. It can't be an trade where you break even.

htismaqe 09-04-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8873284)
How can you trade it in? I have like 6 games for it too. It can't be an trade where you break even.

Good God no, you're not going to break even.

Gamestop offered me $165 of store credit for the XBox and Kinect. I ended up selling it online for $200. I still have Rockband 2 plus all of the instruments that I need to unload, but considering a 360 Kinect bundle goes for $250 new, I think I did alright...

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the PS3. I got a 160GB with a 2nd controller. I decided to get a PS3 exclusive game since I obviously had never played any of them. I only got the God of War Saga (1, 2, 3, plus 2 PSP titles) for now since it will probably keep me busy for a while.

I don't have a ton of BluRay discs but the DVD upscaler is nice - my 8 year old daughter saw a difference immediately. Also, it's hooked up identically to the way my XBox was and my older daughter and I noticed an immediate different in sound quality when playing Sacred 2. On the XBox, we had to tweak bass settings on the sound bar to avoid clipping and rattle. It just plain sounded like shit. On the PS3, using exactly the same setup and cables, it sounds crisp and clean with no clipping.

The only real beef I have is with the controllers. It's great that they are rechargeable but having to plug them into the console via USB is a pain. My couch is about 16 feet from the TV and I'm used to just grabbing a controller off the coffee table and gaming. Plus, if you want to charge the controllers, you have to leave the unit ON 24x7. WTF?

Fortunately, I was able to get a charging station just like my old Nikko on Amazon.

Setsuna 09-04-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8876155)

Gamestop offered me $165 of store credit for the XBox and Kinect. I ended up selling it online for $200. I still have Rockband 2 plus all of the instruments that I need to unload, but considering a 360 Kinect bundle goes for $250 new, I think I did alright...

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the PS3. I got a 160GB with a 2nd controller. I decided to get a PS3 exclusive game since I obviously had never played any of them. I only got the God of War Saga (1, 2, 3, plus 2 PSP titles) for now since it will probably keep me busy for a while.

I don't have a ton of BluRay discs but the DVD upscaler is nice - my 8 year old daughter saw a difference immediately. Also, it's hooked up identically to the way my XBox was and my older daughter and I noticed an immediate different in sound quality when playing Sacred 2. On the XBox, we had to tweak bass settings on the sound bar to avoid clipping and rattle. It just plain sounded like shit. On the PS3, using exactly the same setup and cables, it sounds crisp and clean with no clipping.

The only real beef I have is with the controllers. It's great that they are rechargeable but having to plug them into the console via USB is a pain. My couch is about 16 feet from the TV and I'm used to just grabbing a controller off the coffee table and gaming. Plus, if you want to charge the controllers, you have to leave the unit ON 24x7. WTF?

Fortunately, I was able to get a charging station just like my old Nikko on Amazon.

Hmmmmm....the moral of this story I got from this is that I need to wait till I get married and have kids before I trade in my 360. Sound about right?

htismaqe 09-04-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8878272)
Hmmmmm....the moral of this story I got from this is that I need to wait till I get married and have kids before I trade in my 360. Sound about right?

Yeah, that's about the time that you become ultra-concerned about how much money you're spending on "entertainment". :D

Quesadilla Joe 09-04-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah the USB cable that comes with the PS3 is VERY short. You can get a 15 foot USB cable on Amazon for like $2.50 though. The controllers only take 30 minutes to an hour to charge. Maybe a little bit longer if you are using it while it is charging.

WV 09-04-2012 10:09 PM

I don't have much time to play and only have an Xbox because my cousins do, I prefer my PS3 in almost every way though.

htismaqe 09-05-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8878820)
Yeah the USB cable that comes with the PS3 is VERY short. You can get a 15 foot USB cable on Amazon for like $2.50 though. The controllers only take 30 minutes to an hour to charge. Maybe a little bit longer if you are using it while it is charging.

I can just picture my 8-year old tripping over a 20-foot USB cable and pulling my brand new PS3 off on to the floor. :D

I'm just REALLY used to having my controllers sitting on the side table with the other remotes. Luckily the official Sony charging station is available on Amazon and isn't outrageously expensive.

Luke Warm 09-05-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

How you liking those God Of Wars? Second best PS exclusive series after the Uncharted series. IMO.

htismaqe 09-05-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8879240)
How you liking those God Of Wars? Second best PS exclusive series after the Uncharted series. IMO.

Haven't started it yet. Been too busy. I spent most of the evening Sunday setting it up and trying out the Netflix app and bluray player.

I'm sure I won't be blown away right away. I'm a fairly "conservative" gamer (I like to follow a story, I usually only play 1 game at any given time, etc.) so I'm starting with GOW #1 which I believe was originally released on PS2.

Luke Warm 09-05-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8879249)
Haven't started it yet. Been too busy. I spent most of the evening Sunday setting it up and trying out the Netflix app and bluray player.

I'm sure I won't be blown away right away. I'm a fairly "conservative" gamer (I like to follow a story, I usually only play 1 game at any given time, etc.) so I'm starting with GOW #1 which I believe was originally released on PS2.

Oh ok. The GOW series is awesome. You won't be disappointed. Smooth gameplay and controls. Great story. Graphics get better and better...GOW 3 is amazing.

htismaqe 09-05-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8879323)
Oh ok. The GOW series is awesome. You won't be disappointed. Smooth gameplay and controls. Great story. Graphics get better and better...GOW 3 is amazing.

I have 4 games to play before playing GOW 3. ;)

htismaqe 09-05-2012 09:16 AM

I'm gonna have to play the Uncharted series too, it appears. I always thought they were shooters/FPS games but it appears their more like the old Tomb Raider/Prince of Persia games. Kind of like an Indiana Jones video game.

Any other titles that are "must see", keeping in mind that I'm not a fan of FPS games?

Quesadilla Joe 09-05-2012 09:26 AM

The Infamous series is pretty good. I'm pretty sure they have free demos of both Infamous 1 and Infamous 2 in the PSN Store.

Pitt Gorilla 09-05-2012 06:39 PM

Can't recommend Gran Turismo 5 enough. Outstanding racing simulator. MLB the Show is great as well.

Buck 09-05-2012 06:53 PM

Not exclusive, but if you've never played Red Dead Redemption, stop everything you're doing and buy that game.

Luke Warm 09-05-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8881364)
Not exclusive, but if you've never played Red Dead Redemption, stop everything you're doing and buy that game.

This the one they did a zombie version too?

htismaqe 09-05-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8881364)

It was the next game on my list for the 360. I still plan on playing it but not until I at least finish GOW Saga and possibly Uncharted 1/2.

Buck 09-05-2012 09:57 PM

RDR is better than all of those. I don't really like the GoW series though.

Luke Warm 09-05-2012 10:17 PM

LA Noire is awesome too.