ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Buckweath 12-18-2012 01:46 PM

Berry, Lewis (I know his injuries) with Elam as backup (and who knows about Menzie) form a fine safety tandem. The Chiefs D need a #2 CB way more than another safety and they also need better play from Dlinemen to put pressure on the QB and stop the run way before they need to improve their safeties. Do you guys know that the Chiefs D is better against the pass than against the run? And you think a FS would help greatly our run D...no.

I'm definitly against drafting a safety with our 2nd rounder, even as BPA.

Every elite D has a star on its Dline, and despite the Chiefs having attempted to draft several ones early in the draft, they have yet to find one.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9221477)
I'm just thrilled this draft is deep in several positions of need.

At safety I love Elam but also really like Tony Jefferson, Eric Reid, and Bacarri Rambo.

At ILB I like Kevin Minter, Shayne Skov, Jon Bostic, Nico Johnson. There's also Kevin Reddick and AJ Klein.

At corner I'm high on Xavier Rhodes.

I expect Sharrif Floyd, if he declares, to skyrocket up draft boards, but if he somehow slips to the 2nd round the Chiefs better run to the podium.

AJ Klein could be a real sleeper. He certainly doesn't have the name recognition that some of his predecessors had but in many ways, he's a superior prospect.

I like Xavier Rhodes but again I think he's probably going in the mid-teens, which means we'd have to trade down or give up a lot to trade up.

O.city 12-18-2012 01:47 PM

I like Minter a whole whole lot. I think he's the perfect TED backer, same with Skov.

Jefferson and Reid are perfect FS's. I'm not sure about Elam yet.

Rhodes would be a solid CB.

Some of these guys will make it to the third or fourth round.

Geno
Rhodes
Reed
Minter
Jefferson

Would be extremely lucky with that draft.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9221477)
I'm just thrilled this draft is deep in several positions of need.

At safety I love Elam but also really like Tony Jefferson, Eric Reid, and Bacarri Rambo.

At ILB I like Kevin Minter, Shayne Skov, Jon Bostic, Nico Johnson. There's also Kevin Reddick and AJ Klein.

At corner I'm high on Xavier Rhodes.

I expect Sharrif Floyd, if he declares, to skyrocket up draft boards, but if he somehow slips to the 2nd round the Chiefs better run to the podium.

I still like Jon Baldwin and don't think we can judge him or Devon Wylie based upon the QBs and coaching staff we've had during their time here. Regardless, there are a ton of good WRs available in this years draft.

solid draft for WRs too

Rambo would be excellent value in the 3rd...i hope his suspension causes him to drop, i'm a fan

O.city 12-18-2012 01:49 PM

There is also a FS prospect from Fresno that I've been keeping up on after Sac spotted him.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9221487)
Berry, Lewis (I know his injuries) with Elam as backup (and who knows about Menzie) form a fine safety tandem. The Chiefs D need a #2 CB way more than another safety and they also need better play from Dlinemen to put pressure on the QB and stop the run way before they need to improve their safeties. Do you guys know that the Chiefs D is better against the pass than against the run? And you think a FS would help greatly our run D...no.

I'm definitly against drafting a safety with our 2nd rounder, even as BPA.

Every elite D has a star on its Dline, and despite the Chiefs having attempted to draft several ones early in the draft, they have yet to find one.

we need an upgrade over lewis regardless of his health, imo

i had forgotten about menzie...no clue what to expect from him

Buckweath 12-18-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221502)
There is also a FS prospect from Fresno that I've been keeping up on after Sac spotted him.

After the Oline fascination with Chiefs fans, the safeties fascination??

Chiefs fans might be disgusted by the recent Chiefs draft picks on the Dline, but that D will never be elite until it can find better Dlinemen.

O.city 12-18-2012 01:53 PM

Tyson Hartman has actually been decent at FS, not that he's a starter but he's shown that he could be depth.

Good grief, just looked at the Safeties in this class, it's absolutely stacked. 2-4 rounds there will be a solid FS prospect there.

If Eric Reid is available in the 3 round, he's our guy.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9221511)

Chiefs fans might be disgusted by the recent Chiefs draft picks on the Dline, but that D will never be elite until it can find better Dlinemen.

D-linemen can be found in the middle rounds...

Coogs 12-18-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221462)
Ultimately I think Eifert goes quite a bit higher than 31. I could realistically see him going around 20 and if things fall right for him, I could see him going as high as 11 or 12 depending on where everybody picks.

I would guess you are probably right. But if he gets to 31, he might last another couple of picks which would be right where we would be picking in round 2.

O.city 12-18-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

If we change to a 1 gap fire zone 34, I'd be fine with spending a higher pick on a DL guy, but I actually am fairly high on Poe, Bailey, and Powe up there. Hell I even think Jackson could serve some purpose.

Even then, I don't think it needs a high pick up there.

And, I'm really hoping that the Faid release Seymour like they are rumored.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9221518)
I would guess you are probably right. But if he gets to 31, he might last another couple of picks which would be right where we would be picking in round 2.

If he drops to the 30's, we can trade up and not be out much.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 01:57 PM

this is where the pick for Carr would be a major boon...4 picks in the first 3 rounds, should be able to do some damage

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyborgtable (Post 9219586)
I think the shitty defense is making him press more than he needs to leading to mistakes, and thus the scouts take on him. The longer the season went the more he pressed. A decent defense and a decent coach around him and the sky is the limit

Mistakes?

He threw for five less interceptions this past season than Luck did in 2011. And Luck had three NFL level offensive linemen protecting him and the luxury of a top 20 defense.

Smith threw for a 70.1% completion, 40 TDs against 6 Ints and a 164 rating while pushing the envelope all game long because his defense was utter dog shit and his offensive line was a ****ing sieve.

He was routinely making 45/50 yard passes to guys in stride while they double covered. And they were on the ****ing money.

Geno gave WVU the potential for three wins that their defense lost in the last minute of so of the game(s). They were this close to being a 10-2 team because of Geno. They were a 7-5 team because their defense pissed away three game winning fourth quarter drives by Geno.

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

We need a starter. Lewis isn't the answer.

Secondly, we just spent a first rounder on Poe. Let him develop FFS.

Thirdly, I stated that if Sharrif Floyd declares and is still on the board after round 1 that the Chiefs sprint to the podium. He can play 3-4 DE and move to the interior and rush the passer on 3rd downs like Jackson has done the last few weeks.