ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 12-29-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9249154)
Sorry, I meant as a PROSPECT.

The criticisms, especially, are similar.

I can see that. I never liked Bradford because he was so easily breakable, and also because of spread system QBs to go into the NFL, Oklahoma's offense is one of the worst. Receivers wide freakin' open on every play.

Geno passes the mark on both of those Bradford criticisms.

mdchiefsfan 12-29-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9249154)
Sorry, I meant as a PROSPECT.

The criticisms, especially, are similar.

I agree, but there was no doubt Bradford was going 1st overall. He was supposed to be the next Aikman before the draft.

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9249137)
I'm probably in the minority but I think Wilson will move ahead of Smith and we will draft him. I wouldn't mind Smith though I like him a lot. Just don't be surprised if Wilson is our pick.

I would be hesitant to draft Wilson due to the two concussions in 2012 that held him out of games.

Those types of injuries can be cumulative in nature once they start and he was really hammered during the 2011 season that may have been the trigger.

I'd also be wary of the Bobby Petrino thing elevating his on-the-field performance. He wasn't the same guy under John Smith as he was under Petrino.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9249178)
I'd also be wary of the Bobby Petrino thing elevating his on-the-field performance. He wasn't the same guy under John Smith as he was under Petrino.

I really like Wilson, but I too worry about this.

Hammock Parties 12-29-2012 05:09 PM

DON'T CARE

http://i.imgur.com/dedF7.gif

big nasty kcnut 12-29-2012 05:21 PM

He doing a great job considering the condition he playing in. Only one small mistake in a otherwise good stat day.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9249128)
Stafford's head isn't in the game a lot. He was a party animal in college. Great arm, but he's more like Cutler than he is Elway at this point.

Stafford is a fat SOB. Look at Tom, Rodgers, Brees, face'sin comparison. Stafford likes his steel reserve.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9249144)
Bradford's pretty terrible. I hope to hell that Geno is a LOT better than Bradford.

Before he got raped all of last year? I thought he looked pretty good his rookie year. About Dalton, maybe a bit better. Then his line decided to go Barry Rich on him (before acquiring the real deal)the next year and to me, he isn't/won't ever be the same. You can't subject young QBs to that kind of damage IMO.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9249111)
He still ended up with a QB rating over 100 while getting hammered all game throwing 21/32 with 1 TD to 2 Ints. And that was hands down his absolute worst game of the season.

It was one of only two games he threw two interceptions. Only one of four games he threw any interceptions.

Barkley had six games where he threw two or more picks.

Tyler Wilson had five games where he threw two or more picks.

Mike Glennon had four games where he threw two or more picks.

Tyler Bray had four games where he threw two or more picks.

Additionally, none of the others are in an ARO. All play in a pro style O.

ModSocks 12-29-2012 05:40 PM

I think this game is clear evidence as to why the pundits say there is no true elite QB.

Geno is a talented guy with potential, but it's time to take him off the pedestal.

Don't make excuses for him. The man had a bad game. I don't care that it's snowing.

That doesn't mean i think we shouldn't draft him, i think it still needs to play out over the next few months.

But lets call this what it is: A bad game.

Reaper16 12-29-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249571)
I think this game is clear evidence as to why the pundits say there is no true elite QB.

Geno is a talented guy with potential, but it's time to take him off the pedestal.

Don't make excuses for him. The man had a bad game. I don't care that it's snowing.

That doesn't mean i think we shouldn't draft him, i think it still needs to play out over the next few months.

So you're saying that elite QBs don't have bad games in college? Am I reading you correctly?

Because I have no problem calling this a bad game for Geno AND saying he's an elite QB prospect.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-29-2012 05:44 PM

What was so bad about his play? I'm curious. The line doesn't look bad at all. I can't comment at all becasue I didn't see it.

Molitoth 12-29-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249571)

I'm trying to think of Elite QB's that didn't have bad games in college....

still thinking.

Rasputin 12-29-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9249435)

THIS!!!

When is the last time we have had a QB be able to do this?

Hammock Parties 12-29-2012 05:45 PM

So...does this game hurt Geno's draft stock?