ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Rasputin 12-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9249603)
THIS!!!

When is the last time we have had a QB be able to do this?

& hitting the goal post doesn't count

Priest31kc 12-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249571)
I think this game is clear evidence as to why the pundits say there is no true elite QB.

Geno is a talented guy with potential, but it's time to take him off the pedestal.

Don't make excuses for him. The man had a bad game. I don't care that it's snowing.

That doesn't mean i think we shouldn't draft him, i think it still needs to play out over the next few months.

But lets call this what it is: A bad game.

So one bad game means he can't/won't be an elite QB in the NFL?

So I guess there are no elite QBs in the NFL then?

And I wouldn't call it a "bad" game, just not a very impressive performance from Geno. But obviously the conditions have played a big factor as well as getting pretty much no help from his teammates (dropped passes, numerous penalties)....

But of course, this one game cancels out his entire career according to alot of complete dumbasses.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249571)
I think this game is clear evidence as to why the pundits say there is no true elite QB.

Geno is a talented guy with potential, but it's time to take him off the pedestal.

Don't make excuses for him. The man had a bad game. I don't care that it's snowing.

That doesn't mean i think we shouldn't draft him, i think it still needs to play out over the next few months.

But lets call this what it is: A bad game.

I wouldn't even mention the weather but Ryan Nassib is a top 5 QB prospect and he looked bad as well.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9249614)
I wouldn't even mention the weather but Ryan Nassib is a top 5 QB prospect and he looked bad as well.

Get your logic the **** out of here. ROFL

ModSocks 12-29-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9249599)
I'm trying to think of Elite QB's that didn't have bad games in college....

still thinking.

Good. Now think of one that had a 5 game losing streak in the middle of the season. Look, im not bagging on Geno, but i'd rather people just be realistic about him rather than constantly making excuses for him.

Geno has the talent, but is till a work in progress. If the Chiefs don't hire the right coaching staff and adapt its system around geno, then we are still ****ed. Geno alone will not = offense like some around here want to believe.

Reaper16 12-29-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249638)
Good. Now think of one that had a 5 game losing streak in the middle of the season. Look, im not bagging on Geno, but i'd rather people just be realistic about him rather than constantly making excuses for him.

Geno has the talent, but is till a work in progress. If the Chiefs don't hire the right coaching staff and adapt its system around geno, then we are still ****ed. Geno alone will not = offense like some around here want to believe.

Yes, you are. You are the one being unrealistic. For blaming the defense's follies on Geno, and for intimating that Geno fans don't know that Geno isn't a surefire thing.

Hammock Parties 12-29-2012 05:54 PM

Um, wins and losses for college QBs mean shit. There's no correlation. Elway had a losing record. Terrelle Pryor was 31-4.

Try reading some websites about football. This isn't hard to do but mouth breathing reeruns can't handle it.

hometeam 12-29-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249638)

Being realistic; I dont care if your Tom ****ing Brady when your D gives up 50 points a game you cant win em all.

Messier 12-29-2012 05:57 PM

I've watched 5 or 6 WV games this year, and Smith seems to me to be a very talented QB, a 1st round talent QB, that is on a team with no D, and questionable offensive play calling. Smith seemed really frustrated in this game, and I can see why. The conditions made WV change their gameplan. Geno Smith can do more than he is being asked to do. I think that is the most important thing to remember, and I could easily see him becoming an elite QB, very soon.

ModSocks 12-29-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9249610)
So one bad game means he can't/won't be an elite QB in the NFL?

So I guess there are no elite QBs in the NFL then?

And I wouldn't call it a "bad" game, just not a very impressive performance from Geno. But obviously the conditions have played a big factor as well as getting pretty much no help from his teammates (dropped passes, numerous penalties)....

But of course, this one game cancels out his entire career according to alot of complete dumbasses.

This is the shit im talking about right here. Yes, he had a bad game.

He didnt adjust his protection in the end zone, got smashed AND fumbled the ball. He was lucky it was just a safety.

Again, he held the ball too long and got intentional grounding for a safety.

And to finish it off, he fumbled a snap.

He cost his team TWO momentum swinging posessions when the game was still close and spotted them four points.

He had a bad game. Stop making excuses. If this were anyone else but Geno, he'd be getting ripped. If it were Cassel, we'd have 3 threads about how bad Cassel is and 1 thread about Pioli.

This game is the epitome of why there is doubt about Geno. Inconsistency.

I_AM_Chief 12-29-2012 05:57 PM

Anyone who still thinks Geno is the answer is just stubborn and too invested in him now to be objective about him. There is no way in hell he is a top pick. 2 safeties, and only putting up 14 points against a bad Syracuse team? Get real, he isn't the answer. Once he got to a real conference he got exposed, and Big 12 defenses aren't even good lol.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249665)

He didnt adjust his protection in the end zone, got smashed AND fumbled the ball. He was lucky it was just a safety.

He cost his team TWO momentum swinging posessions when the game was still close and spotted them four points.

He had a bad game. Stop making excuses. If this were anyone else but Geno, he'd be getting ripped. If it were Cassel, we'd have 3 threads about how bad Cassel is and 1 thread about Pioli.

To be fair, Geno has plenty of games to show that this is not the norm. With Cassel, it is ****ing expected.

Sorter 12-29-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_AM_Chief (Post 9249666)
Anyone who still thinks Geno is the answer is just stubborn and too invested in him now to be objective about him. There is no way in hell he is a top pick. 2 safeties, and only putting up 14 points against a bad Syracuse team? Get real, he isn't the answer. Once he got to a real conference he got exposed, and Big 12 defenses aren't even good lol.

The orange's D isn't bad you dense mother****er. Drink bleach, bitch.

hometeam 12-29-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9249665)

The reason Cassel gets blasted is becuase he has history saying that he always shits the bed.

Geno getting leeway is just the opposite, he has history saying that he does not shit the bed.

ModSocks 12-29-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9249647)
Yes, you are. You are the one being unrealistic. For blaming the defense's follies on Geno, and for intimating that Geno fans don't know that Geno isn't a surefire thing.

I've defended Geno on this forum plenty. It is funny though watching people try to pile on me, even though ive been a big Geno supporter.

It's funnier that people want to believe so bad that they are willing to look the otherway when Geno plays like ass.

Geno is a talented QB with great potential, but today's game is part of the reason why opinions on him are so varied.