ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jared Allen Is Still Bad Ass (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265739)

SAUTO 10-26-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9052193)
If the question was, would I rather have Charles and Albert instead of Allen? Well, Charles has been All-Pro, as has Allen, so that's a wash. I guess if we'd have had better luck with Dorsey or Jackson providing some pass rush, I'd feel better about it. Seems like the real downside of this trade is we've burned two very high draft choices trying to replace what we used to get from Allen, and whiffed on both picks. That's what hurts the most.

JFC

Dorsey and Jackson were NOT drafted to replace Allen.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 10-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9052221)
after Pioli lets Albert walk in the offseason so he can replace him with his own guy Stephenson we can all look back at this as just Allen for Charles.

Opinions might change then.

Thanks Pioli you fat ****

No matter what it would still be the trade that happened. If a player leaves he still was acquired with the picks from the trade...
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 10-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9052424)
Lots of stupid in this thread.

Do you think Allen would be a good 3-4. End?
Posted via Mobile Device

Allen would be a goddamn monster of a 3-4 DE. He has the strength, length and motor to destroy the world there.

He'd 'take up blockers' by being a nightmare matchup for LTs, forcing the LG to help, unlike Dorsey who takes up blockers by running into them and hoping they bother to double team him.

Look, I understand the reasons for the move and am happy with the return. But don't try to trump up that trade by arguing that Allen wouldn't be a monster here. He'd be to this defense what Richard Seymour was for the Pats.

SAUTO 10-26-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9052015)
That was Eric Hicks.

Allen was generally pretty responsible in run-support. Moreover, RH quarterbacks wouldn't have bootlegged to his side of the field (would've forced them to throw across their body).

Methinks you're remembering incorrectly.

EDIT: What Rain Man said.

I think you might not be remembering it correctly yourself.

Allen was never very good in run support.

And my responses in this thread aren't about a hatred for Allen. I was and am still a fan. People just need to be realistic.

He was a pretty one dimensional player for us and could be shut down quite often when the game was on the line. How many sacks did he get in the 4 th quarter of a close game?
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 10-26-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9052440)
Allen would be a goddamn monster of a 3-4 DE. He has the strength, length and motor to destroy the world there.

He'd 'take up blockers' by being a nightmare matchup for LTs, forcing the LG to help, unlike Dorsey who takes up blockers by running into them and hoping they bother to double team him.

Look, I understand the reasons for the move and am happy with the return. But don't try to trump up that trade by arguing that Allen wouldn't be a monster here. He'd be to this defense what Richard Seymour was for the Pats.

Allen's 270 on a good day. He'd be an OLB here. He's not a 320-pounder like Seymour.

Easy 6 10-26-2012 05:00 PM

Still cant believe they lost that game at home.

I went 15-1 last week, nearly bulletproof... and yet they have the nerve to crap on my parade this week like that.

SAUTO 10-26-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9052440)

sorry but I disagree.

he disappears quite often in games and IMO isn't physical enough to handle a double from a tackle and guard consistently enough to be very good in run support.

He would definitely be a pass rush upgrade though.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian 10-26-2012 05:03 PM

I too miss Allen getting all of his sacks when it didn't really matter.

When sacks come are probably more important than how many. Allen has always been the master at racking up sacks when shit didn't matter. I mostly remember him getting his ass totally handed to him in the NFCCG by a rookie. Dominated him in the pass and run game. Biggest game of his career and he was a total non-factor. He's always been the epitome of an anti-clutch player. Never liked him, he's overrated as hell.

And he didn't have 24 sacks last year you ****ing idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9052463)
I too miss Allen getting all of his sacks when it didn't really matter.

When sacks come are probably more important than how many. Allen has always been the master at racking up sacks when shit didn't matter. I mostly remember him getting his ass totally handed to him in the NFCCG by a rookie. Dominated him in the pass and run game. Biggest game of his career and he was a total non-factor. He's always been the epitome of an anti-clutch player. Never liked him, he's overrated as hell.

And he didn't have 24 sacks last year you ****ing idiot.

But...but...he has MOXIE! He could put dumbasses back in the seats all the way to continued suckville!!!!!

DJ's left nut 10-26-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9052447)
Allen's 270 on a good day. He'd be an OLB here. He's not a 320-pounder like Seymour.

Allen's has the build to add weight fairly easily if he wanted to.

He could get himself to 290 fairly easily, IMO.

No, he couldn't slide into the nose like Seymour could do on occasion, but as the down to down 5-tech, he'd have been a monster.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:14 PM

Oh, **** Jared Allen in the ass already...

keg in kc 10-26-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9052490)
Allen's has the build to add weight fairly easily if he wanted to.

He could get himself to 290 fairly easily, IMO.

No, he couldn't slide into the nose like Seymour could do on occasion, but as the down to down 5-tech, he'd have been a monster.

That might work - might - if we ran a one-gap scheme. We don't. He'd be eaten alive at 290 playing two-gap.

ClevelandBronco 10-26-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9051754)
Was just to say about the same thing.

He's awesome at making plays at times that don't count in meaningless games.

Yeah, but that's every game for the past 20 years, dude.

Simplicity 10-26-2012 07:56 PM

Yeah... He ****ing blows... I'm glad we have JC instead of him. /thread

GloryDayz 10-26-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9052499)
Oh, **** Jared Allen in the ass already...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL