ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert and Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268543)

milkman 01-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9286812)
Is that true about Bowe. We couldn't make a deal in season due to the tag right? I wonder of that's up?
Posted via Mobile Device

They couldn't sign a deal.

crossbow 01-05-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9286801)
Did you say something?

I was distracted by something below.

Her | ?
.....\/

Yeah she has that talent.

doomy3 01-05-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9286778)
Why trade that type pick when there's going to be very good WR talent at the top of round 2? Given his size and the nature of the sport, I'm not investing that type of resource in Harvin at this point.

I think Harvin is a top 5 talent at his position and he is very young. I would absolutely trade that pick for an electric known quantity than someone who you hope will be as good as Harvin.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9286824)
They couldn't sign a deal.

I understand that lol. I think he was wondering, well I was too, when we can actually sign Bowe
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9286843)
I think Harvin is a top 5 talent at his position and he is very young. I would absolutely trade that pick for an electric known quantity than someone who you hope will be as good as Harvin.

I wouldn't just due to the migraine issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:56 PM

Well sorry milkman I just read back and saw Dane's answer
Posted via Mobile Device

RUSH 01-05-2013 09:57 PM

Due to Bowe being franchised last year, I'm pretty sure there's only a 1 week window before free agency begins that they can re-sign Bowe. New rules from the CBA I believe. They can not negotiate or sign him until that window opens. That window should open in late February or the beginning of March.

Albert can be re-signed at any time.

doomy3 01-05-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9286847)
I wouldn't just due to the migraine issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

It sounds like they got that fixed this season. Sure, it would be a bit of a risk, but no more of a risk than drafting a second round receiver. Take a look at the last few years, and I'll take my chances on a guy like Harvin there.

-King- 01-05-2013 10:12 PM

Harvin is a head case though, no pun intended.

Quote:

Report: Harvin, Frazier had heated exchange
Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2012, 8:38 PM EST
Harvin AP

Vikings receiver Percy Harvin is one of the most explosive players in the NFL. In more ways than one.

His fierce skills come with a fiery (at times) demeanor. The latter reportedly manifested itself earlier this month, via a “heated exchange” with coach Leslie Frazier.

Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com reports, citing “four NFL sources,” that Harvin and Frazier argued “in front of some players and staff members.” That would be at least the second incident between player and coach this season; previously, Harvin was seen jawing at Frazier during a game at Seattle — the same game in which Harvin suffered his ankle injury. During the offseason, Harvin was upset about something other than his contract, and he asked for a trade.

Per Pelissero, some believe that the second argument, not the ankle injury, prompted the decision to put Harvin on injured reserve for the bulk of the season.

If the report is true (and we’ve got no reason to think it isn’t), it’s the latest in a long line of incidents involving Harvin. He clashed with former Vikings coach Brad Childress, with Frazier playing the role of peacemaker more than once. And at Florida, Harvin reportedly grabbed receivers coach Billy Gonzales by the neck and threw him to the ground. Harvin was never disciplined.

The end result could be a decision by the Vikings to get what they can for the 2009 NFL offensive rookie of the year and move on. What they get — and what he’ll get by way of a second contract — could be influenced by his history. Eventually, however, someone will take a chance on a guy who gives any team a better chance to win.

O.city 01-05-2013 10:13 PM

If I were trading a pick for a WR, it would be for Maclin, not Harvin.

jspchief 01-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9286769)
I'd like to go after Harvin. I think he would be an incredible add and could probably be had for our second rounder, which I would move in a second for him.

No f'n way. Minnesota loves Harvin. He's the heart of that team. They aren't trading him away.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9286915)
No f'n way. Minnesota loves Harvin. He's the heart of that team. They aren't trading him away.

That article kinda says differently...
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief 01-05-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9286953)
That article kinda says differently...
Posted via Mobile Device

It does. But I'm telling you, our local sports station carries Vikings broadcasts, and coaches and players alike can't say enough good about Harvin. They all talk about him and the example he sets blah blah blah. And it's unsolicited.

If they are anything other than completely in love with him in Minnesota, then they've fooled me.

doomy3 01-05-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9286915)

I don't understand why they would either. There have been some national rumors that he could request a trade since he is unhappy. If they made him available, I would absolutely give up the first pick in the second round for him. In a heartbeat. He is a rare talent.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 11:06 PM

I can easiy see a Percy Harvin trade considering he and Leslie Frazier do not get along at all. Infact they've had several heated conversations on the sideline this year.