ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If REid doesn't get a QB with our 1st round pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268786)

RunKC 01-11-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9307259)
No ones trading up. There are no "cant miss" prospects worth trading up for.

Doesn't mean a team won't fall in love with one of these guys though.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Waaaaay too early to make that call

KCrockaholic 01-11-2013 11:03 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...-BiAONaUD6GBgg

TribalElder 01-11-2013 11:08 PM

Of course we are picking a QB

You think a LT will make the fans run in and fill arrowhead stadium

KCrockaholic 01-11-2013 11:09 PM

If we draft a Joeckel AND sign Vick, think about how much sense that would make.

Saccopoo 01-11-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9307273)
Joeckel is pretty close to can't miss. But not worthy trading up for IMO. Philly will love him.

He's an offensive tackle coming out of a true dump down spread system with Fran Tarkenton Jr. as his QB.

This guy hasn't pass blocked for shit. He hasn't had to work on his kick step, his slide, his back peddle, his what the **** ever.

He's not the prospect that Okung, Long, Thomas or Kalil were. Not even close. And it's going to take this guy three years to bring his game up to the NFL level.

To tell you the truth, the Matthews kid looks better, and he's going back to school.

They had their chance with Okung. They took a safety.

They better sign Albert and get a QB.

****ing taking a tackle in this draft is insanity.

KCrockaholic 01-11-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9307302)
He's an offensive tackle coming out of a true dump down spread system with Fran Tarkenton Jr. as his QB.

This guy hasn't pass blocked for shit. He hasn't had to work on his kick step, his slide, his back peddle, his what the **** ever.

He's not the prospect that Okung, Long, Thomas or Kalil were. Not even close. And it's going to take this guy three years to bring his game up to the NFL level.

To tell you the truth, the Matthews kid looks better, and he's going back to school.

They had their chance with Okung. They took a safety.

They better sign Albert and get a QB.

****ing taking a tackle in this draft is insanity.

IMO Matthews is better. He can play right or left. And will likely play left next year.

But Joeckel is a true technician. His technique is second to none in this class, and only gave up 1 pressure to Adrian Hubbard when they played Alabama. He had issues against Sam Montgomery, but even then he was outstanding. I think he is right on par with Kalil. He does a great job of getting to the second level and is a smart player. He doesn't have many flaws.

Blocking for Tannehill and Manziel helped him out a lot. Manziel in particular was terrific at avoiding pressure and allowing himself to buy time.

Joeckel could easily have a season just as successful as Kalil's. But he's not on the same level as Joe Thomas, or Okung from THIS year. Joe Staley was the best tackle in the league this year according to PFF.

Joeckel is effective in screens and has great footwork in pass protection.

He's a solid LT that should be in the pro bowl within 3 years.

But at the end of the day, I don't care. We don't need a waste of time LT. We need a QB. Geno.

Tombstone RJ 01-11-2013 11:23 PM

I think Geno Smith will remind Reid alot of McNabb so I think he takes Geno. Only thing stopping Geno from being the kc pick is if he screws the pooch at the combine and even then, I think kc still takes him.

Saccopoo 01-11-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9307317)
I think Geno Smith will remind Ried alot of McNabb so I think he takes Geno. Only thing stopping Geno from being the kc pick is if he screws the pooch at the combine and even then, I think kc still takes him.

Did you see Cam Newton pass at the Combine?

Tombstone RJ 01-11-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9307321)
Did you see Cam Newton pass at the Combine?

no, at least I don't remember watching him throw at the combine.

RINGLEADER 01-11-2013 11:33 PM

The problem with this draft is that the only other players who experts deem locks are at positions we don't need. It's not like Calvin Johnson is out there. If there are no other reasonable options you weight your needs more. This team needs a S, CB, ILB, DE, TE, FB, QB. None of the players at those positions are worthyof the first pick. All things being equal, unless the QB options just can't play, what other direction do you go?

okcchief 01-11-2013 11:36 PM

Like you need a separate thread for this. Everyone has already volunteered this information at nauseam.

KCrockaholic 01-11-2013 11:37 PM

Ring leader has the point of the year.

And even with that said, it's not like Geno is a reerun that should be last option. He's completely worthy of being selected #1 overall. He's a top 8 talent IMO. I haven't created a "big board" yet. I save those for after the combine. I typically rank my top 100 guys. But at this point Geno is right around 3rd, or 4th overall. Maybe even 1st after further review. That's just me though. But I know of 3 scouting services that rate him #1 overall.

KCrockaholic 01-11-2013 11:39 PM

It's time for Geno Smith fans: Part II

aturnis 01-12-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

I disagree. The Bills owner has basically said they will be after a QB. If they fall in love with either Geno or Wilson, they might trade up to make sure that they get him...