ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If REid doesn't get a QB with our 1st round pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268786)

MeatRock 01-12-2013 12:15 AM

Geno #1 no question. Now i would also like to draft DeAndre Hopkins.

RunKC 01-12-2013 12:29 AM

Would not mind us taking BPA at 1 and trading back into the first round for our QB if it's a guy that Reid truly feels is the guy and we know he'll be there around the 20-30 range.

EagleRob 01-12-2013 05:59 AM

I mean this in jest but do me a favor. If you fly to New York for the draft, do not boo the non-Geno Smith selection lustily in front of a national TV audience, especially if it's not a QB. Eagles fans wanted Ricky Williams with Reid's first ever draft pick in 1999. McNabb never forgave the entire fanbase for the Dirty Thirty radio stunt. Reid doesn't often do the popular thing if he doesn't think it's right. You guys have the same Pre-draft mentality we did 14 years ago. Be careful.

Chieftain58 01-12-2013 07:41 AM

I will predict if we do pick first it won't be a QB, if we trade back to say 10th, then we will pick AJ McCarron :D

TEX 01-12-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9307302)
He's an offensive tackle coming out of a true dump down spread system with Fran Tarkenton Jr. as his QB.

This guy hasn't pass blocked for shit. He hasn't had to work on his kick step, his slide, his back peddle, his what the **** ever.

He's not the prospect that Okung, Long, Thomas or Kalil were. Not even close. And it's going to take this guy three years to bring his game up to the NFL level.

To tell you the truth, the Matthews kid looks better, and he's going back to school.

They had their chance with Okung. They took a safety.

They better sign Albert and get a QB.

****ing taking a tackle in this draft is insanity.

Yep - This EXACTLY. Johnny Football makes him look better than he is.

ILChief 01-12-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58 (Post 9307617)
I will predict if we do pick first it won't be a QB, if we trade back to say 10th, then we will pick AJ McCarron :D

He's staying at Alabama

Mr. Flopnuts 01-12-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58 (Post 9307617)

That would be pretty dumb since McCarron is going back to school.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-12-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9307659)
He's staying at Alabama

Beat me to it.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-12-2013 08:46 AM

Clark will draft McCarron's girlfriend because KC hasn't had a franchise cheerleader in 40 years.

TRR 01-12-2013 08:56 AM

I agree with others. QB is the only option. If for whatever reason KC doesn't go QB #1, I would say it would be a DL with the pick. Reid values and loves DL and depth at the position.

That being said, at this point I really don't care if it is Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, etc. I don't care if they trade down and then pick one. Just draft a QB, any QB, in the first round. I will trust Reid to know which QB is the best pick for his system.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 01-12-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9307577)
I mean this in jest but do me a favor. If you fly to New York for the draft, do not boo the non-Geno Smith selection lustily in front of a national TV audience, especially if it's not a QB. Eagles fans wanted Ricky Williams with Reid's first ever draft pick in 1999. McNabb never forgave the entire fanbase for the Dirty Thirty radio stunt. Reid doesn't often do the popular thing if he doesn't think it's right. You guys have the same Pre-draft mentality we did 14 years ago. Be careful.

I would booo if not Geno Smith or any other top QB prospect.

This maybe a once in a life time opportunity to get our QB with the first pick of the draft. It's huge & no way would I be happy with any other position. I have no reason to trust or believe that we would be better off skipping a QB with our first pick of the draft. I don't curr if Andy Reid thinks he made the right decision for the better of the team or not. He would have to prove it to earn that trust just because he did it in Philly doesn't mean he should do it here.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 09:02 AM

I don't really trust Reid in picking QBs. I have some trust in Pederson and a ton of trust in Dorsey.

bevischief 01-12-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9307225)
I really wish someone would wipe out a majority of this ****ing fanbase.

Sending in the midgets.

Dave Lane 01-12-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9307300)
If we draft a Joeckel AND sign Vick, think about how much sense that would make.

Gross

Pasta Little Brioni 01-12-2013 10:56 AM

Drafting Jekyll is so full of fail. We just suffered through a 2 win season to let our good LT go, draft a guy that might make it a push, and go retread at QB again for the eleventy billionth time....awesome.