ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Sparano scheduled to interview Monday for OLine Job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268839)

mcaj22 01-13-2013 04:31 PM

there isnt he tried naming 5 and threw in Andrew Shitworth and Jake Schlong and well Albert is a ****load better than both of them and it's not even close

AustinChief 01-13-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9314962)
Austin isn't CoMo in any way.

He just has a Michigan homer blindness when it comes to Long.

I will admit to being Long-biased BUT at least I am honest about Albert. I have no desire to see him leave because we have much bigger needs. I just want to debunk the myth that some here have that place him as a top 5 LT. I hope someday he is but he sure as shit isn't NOW. And it's laughable to here people say there aren;t 5 LTs they'd rather have. Do you people even watch the games?

the Talking Can 01-13-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9314968)
Again, I said you DON'T let Albert walk unless his back is a major concern or he wants Top 5 money.

It amazes me how NO ONE outside of KC thinks Albert is anything special but on CP because of idiots like GoChiefs he is a hall of famer.

He is in the 8-15 range among LTs... plenty good enough to keep around but not someone you go crazy about.

you said Albert wasn't a top 10 LT

now you're saying "top 8..." because people are laughing at you...and as if being #8 is some how a knock on Albert

it's ok, every college fan has some player they can't see straight about...bosschief would have drafted stanzi in the 2nd

O.city 01-13-2013 04:33 PM

Joe Thomas
Joe Staley (maybe)?

I'd say Albert is right there with Brown

FringeNC 01-13-2013 04:33 PM

So...Sparano would probably move us away from zone blocking....how suited are our presumed returning starters for a man scheme?

mcaj22 01-13-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9314992)
So...Sparano would probably move us away from zone blocking....how suited are our presumed returning starters for a man scheme?

I already answered this. Eric Winston sucks big donkey cock at man

AustinChief 01-13-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9314980)
Again, he's using Pro Football Focus.

They absolutely DO watch every play and employ several people who played/coached the game.

No they don't unless they just starting hiring them last year. Before last year(when I last checked out the operation) it was just a bunch of guys. Most of whom had never even PLAYED the game much less coached it. A few years before THAT it was TWO guys in England. That's it. One of which had never even watched football until he was an adult.

O.city 01-13-2013 04:35 PM

Reid is a ZBS guy, Sparano is a man guy. Have to wait and see. Seeing as we are set for a ZBS, I'd say we would stay with that.

AustinChief 01-13-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9314954)
well yea, anybody that has played the sport of football can figure that out

how else do football players themselves breakdown and study film lol?

Because THEY know what the play called for? How the **** is this not evident? Yes, on many plays you can guess and be right about things... on many others you simply can't without knowing the playbook and blocking assignments.

BossChief 01-13-2013 04:36 PM

The ONLY way I'd trade for Long and let Albert walk is if BOTH Albert and Bowe want out and we try to fill the LT spot while tagging Bowe.

milkman 01-13-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9314987)
I will admit to being Long-biased BUT at least I am honest about Albert. I have no desire to see him leave because we have much bigger needs. I just want to debunk the myth that some here have that place him as a top 5 LT. I hope someday he is but he sure as shit isn't NOW. And it's laughable to here people say there aren;t 5 LTs they'd rather have. Do you people even watch the games?

I am not trying to rate Albert against the rest of the league, especially since I have a bias for Albert, given that I was the first person anywhere that was calling him a tackle in the draft.

But I am comparing him to Long, and Long is still more technically sound, but there's no way that Long is more than a marginal upgrade, if he is even an upgrade at all.

and If Albert really gets the technique down, this would not even be debatable.

AustinChief 01-13-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9314896)
it's kind of funny in this thread alone

you call him a GREAT player and defend him, but mention "HMMM I WONDER IF THE CHIEFS COULD GET HIM FOR A 3RD ROUNDER ON THE CHEAP" like this is a Madden video game.

Newsflash, if he was a great player, he's not being traded for a 3rd rounder.

He's slated to be a free agent, we might be able to get him for NOTHING. But I suspect Miami will try to work out a sign and trade with a threat of tagging him. Far too early to tell what his fate will be at this point but if you actually knew what was going on with him then you would make incredibly piss ignorant posts like this one.

milkman 01-13-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9315003)
Because THEY know what the play called for? How the **** is this not evident? Yes, on many plays you can guess and be right about things... on many others you simply can't without knowing the playbook and blocking assignments.

In pass protection, it's pretty easy to pick out who is assigned to block who.

It isn't rocket science.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9314980)
Again, he's using Pro Football Focus.

They absolutely DO watch every play and employ several people who played/coached the game.

PFF is just a means to appeal to an independent, unbiased rating system.

It only confirms what everyone here knows...Albert was awesome this year.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 04:40 PM

At this point Long looks like he will never recover from that injury. It's been two years and he's nowhere close to the player he was.

Brokedick, IMO.