ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why do we have to deal with Adam Teicher? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269735)

splatbass 02-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9381065)

So I ask you, why? Why do I have to deal with Adam Teicher as the foremost authority on Chiefs news? Why do I have absolutely no one with a press pass to Arrowhead that can actually think analytically, can accurately assess obvious situations, can do radio interviews without sounding like a WWII vet trying to take a shit, and... you know... actually watch and understand competitive sport?

Adam Troglodyte Teicher was on Soren Petro's show today. Now, I tend to give Petro the most credit of any KC radio host, which I suppose isn't saying much. But lately SP has apparently decided that he should take the turn from "objectively skeptical" toward "Blatantly Opposed" with regards to the Chiefs drafting a QB #1.

So what you are saying is that you can't stand to have anyone disagree with you?

Here is a tip that you apparently aren't aware of: NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ HIS ARTICLES. You're welcome.

Sorter 02-05-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381146)
So what you are saying is that you can't stand to have anyone disagree with you?

Here is a tip that you apparently aren't aware of: NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ HIS ARTICLES. You're welcome.

I like to read the Star and I loath his articles about draft prospects. Yes, nobody has gun to my head to read them but that doesn't mean that I don't think he doesn't put much time or effort into his research about team needs and how the NFL has changed.

saphojunkie 02-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381146)

Actually I love when people disagree with me. I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me. And I have no problem admitting when I think I have been proven wrong or convinced of a different opinion.

As a matter of fact, here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=79

This was a long debate between myself and some other posters about whether or not you should trade down to #4 with the Eagles if you knew you didn't want Geno but still wanted Wilson. Ultimately, I was convinced.

So, no. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I mind moronic half-wits who have somehow wound up as the premiere reporter for Chiefs coverage.

Dayze 02-05-2013 08:49 PM

He shouldn't even be on the radio. Dude is a stuttering idiot.

splatbass 02-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9381227)
Actually I love when people disagree with me. I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me. And I have no problem admitting when I think I have been proven wrong or convinced of a different opinion.

As a matter of fact, here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=79

This was a long debate between myself and some other posters about whether or not you should trade down to #4 with the Eagles if you knew you didn't want Geno but still wanted Wilson. Ultimately, I was convinced.

So, no. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I mind moronic half-wits who have somehow wound up as the premiere reporter for Chiefs coverage.

Well, I was really replying to this part:

Quote:

Why do I have to deal with Adam Teicher
You don't HAVE TO deal with him. Just don't read it. It really is that simple.

To put it simply, if you don't like a writer, don't read him. If you don't like a TV show turn the channel. If you don't like a radio personality change the station. If enough people do that they will go away. If not, that means others like to read/watch/listen to him/her, so just stay away. Everything doesn't have to conform to your likes/dislikes. This applies to all the people constantly whining about writers, sports radio stations, etc.

phisherman 02-05-2013 09:12 PM

The best part of this is, I sat a few cubes over from Teicher's wife for a little bit when I worked at Sprint. She was a very nice lady, but I don't really think that she liked me and Pete's conversations about his crap Chiefs coverage.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 09:24 PM

Not being able to read the sports section of your local newspaper is having to deal with him.

splatbass 02-05-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9381352)
Not being able to read the sports section of your local newspaper is having to deal with him.

You can't read the entire sports section because of one writer? Exaggerate much?

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381360)
You can't read the entire sports section because of one writer? Exaggerate much?

You know what I meant, but to specify, not being able to read the chiefs coverage provided by your local newspaper.

JFC

J Diddy 02-05-2013 09:39 PM

Easy answer is don't read his articles. I don't.

bowener 02-05-2013 09:40 PM

He has to lurk here somewhere. Keep busting his balls until he crawls out of hiding to defend himself in some way or another. Or just get a bunch of like minded people to attack him on twitter daily and call out his horse shit takes.

oldman 02-05-2013 09:42 PM

It's not about what he can do, it's what he won't do. Bottom line, newspaper gigs are geting harder to get, so if you're on the staff at the Star, you're not going to piss off your bread and butter. Look what happened to the last 2 that left. Unless you have a gig lined up, this is how you make your living. There's probably hundreds on KU-J grads that could do a better job, but until we see what the current Chiefs staff is like, tread lightly.

splatbass 02-05-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9381374)
You know what I meant, but to specify, not being able to read the chiefs coverage provided by your local newspaper.

JFC

Well, since I don't live in KC I don't read the KC Star at all, and my local newspaper of course doesn't carry any Chiefs news. I do just fine without it. Anything important will be posted here. Actually, everything gets posted here, important or not. I could easily ignore Teicher threads if I wanted, and still get all the Chiefs info I need (and a ton I don't).

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9381425)
Well, since I don't live in KC I don't read the KC Star at all, and my local newspaper of course doesn't carry any Chiefs news. I do just fine without it. Anything important will be posted here. Actually, everything gets posted here, important or not. I could easily ignore Teicher threads if I wanted, and still get all the Chiefs info I need (and a ton I don't).

But when someone else could be using the credentials he has to make quality articles and when those credentials and that access are being under utilized, I feel there is a legit complaint.

oldman 02-05-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9381327)
when I worked at Sprint.

Didn't everyone? LOL