ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV best TV death scene (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270086)

Dayze 08-05-2013 04:11 PM

Christopher Multisante in Sopranos.
or his girlfriend.

Frazod 08-05-2013 04:31 PM

Spartacus.

Baby Lee 08-05-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9860375)
More of a near death scene but an incredibly well done scene from one of the later episodes of Oz:

Dear Liz Lemon: While other women have bigger boobs than you, no other woman has as big a heart. When I saw you getting ready to go out and get nailed by a bunch of guys last night, I knew for sure it was over between us, and for the first time since the ‘86 World Series, I cried... I cried like a big, dumb homo. And if it was up to me, we’d be together forever. But there’s a new thing called "women’s liberation," which gives you women the right to choose and you have chosen to abort me, and that I must live with. So tonight, when you arrive home, I’ll be gone.

Buehler445 08-05-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9860450)
Spartacus.

Liked it.

Mav 08-05-2013 11:12 PM

Opie Killing the FBI agent during the last Episode of season three SOA.

Tig watching his daughter burn to death while chained first episode of Season 5 of SOA.

Opie Dying in season 5 of Soa by taking a steel bar to the back of the head.

All pretty intense.

Mav 08-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9501334)
My wife's a nurse and some of our good friends are doctors, to a person they all say that Scrubs was by far and away the most realistic of the medical shows on TV.

And from an interpersonal standpoint, I can go through my firm and attach characters to people in my office.

It should've gone for about 6-7 years rather than 10, but seasons 3-5 were as good as anything you'll see.

The cast on that show, was just phenomenal. They each played a role that was perfect for them. I thought that it went about right. Probably could of done without the very last season where they had the school, but you will get no complaints out of me.

Baby Lee 08-05-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9861797)
The cast on that show, was just phenomenal. They each played a role that was perfect for them. I thought that it went about right. Probably could of done without the very last season where they had the school, but you will get no complaints out of me.

It was a desperation move to reboot it. But you can't argue with Eliza Coupe, Michael Mosely, Kerry Bishe, Nicky Whelan and Dave Franco. Those were some solid casting as well, Eliza and Michael in particular. Who knows how much more favorably they'd be viewed if they weren't replacements.

That reminds me, I glanced at a 'where are they now' page for a movie I'd heard of but knew nothing about. 'She's all That' from 1999. Holy **** does that show have a lot of future stars in it. All the way down to future Gilmore Girls and Heroes star Milo Ventamiglia as little more than an extra. Usher, Dule Hill, Freddy Prinze, Keiran Culkin, Gabrielle Union, Anna Paquin, Rachel Leigh Cook, Matthew Lillard, Paul Walker, Clea Duvall, Jodi Lynn O'Keefe, L'il Kim, Sarah Michelle, so many little more than teenagers.

And I thought The Outsiders was packed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160862/

Mav 08-05-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9861820)
It was a desperation move to reboot it. But you can't argue with Eliza Coupe, Michael Mosely, Kerry Bishe, Nicky Whelan and Dave Franco. Those were some solid casting, Eliza and Michael in particular.

Kerry Bische....YUMMMMMMMY.

And yeah, I loved Michael mosely. It wasn't bad at all. I was just okay with it ending after season 7, The emotional goodbye......

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9406959)
Gus - Breaking Bad

Ugh... that may be my single least favorite scene in TV. I freakin' hated Gus walking out of that room with half his body burned off.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2013 10:34 PM

Mark Greene's death was done wonderfully. Even the lead-up, when he thought he had a recurrence, getting an MRI as somber music played in the background. Cinematographically skilled.

Lucy's death on ER was a very good episode as well. They even managed to humanize Romano in that episode. Not an easy task.

WRT: Scrubs--it's a death montage, but the scenes where all the transplant patients die set to "How to Save a Life," although corny in retrospect due to how ****ed out that song became, was still very well done. McGinley nailed that.

Rita's death in Dexter--although a total wet blanket it was still a "holy ****ing shit!" moment.

One I really liked for how understated it was--Derek Reese's death in Terminator: TSCC. He just got headshotted and dropped dead early in the episode. Its abruptness made it brilliant.

keg in kc 08-06-2013 10:39 PM

Definitely NOT the lesbian mother from Under the Dome last night. Cringe-worthy that was.

cosmo20002 08-06-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9863056)
Ugh... that may be my single least favorite scene in TV. I freakin' hated Gus walking out of that room with half his body burned off.

Well, half of his head. I thought the scene leading up to the explosion was good, but then having Gus calmly walk out of the room and straighten his tie before falling over was a little cartoony.

Rasputin 08-06-2013 11:36 PM

Radar announces death of Col Henry Blake. The reaction of the M.A.S.H unit during operation was very emotional.

Frazod 08-07-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9864134)
Radar announces death of Col Henry Blake. The reaction of the M.A.S.H unit during operation was very emotional.

The reaction was genuine - the cast had no idea what was going on. They were just told to adlib a surgery scene and Gary Burghoff was handed the note and told to walk in and read it.

I was a little kid when I first saw that. I cried like a baby.

Halfcan 08-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9406709)
This isn't really in the spirit of things but my favorite is...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a2VQIxE472A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Magnum was a great show- the supporting cast was excellent. Lots of babes on the beach as well.