ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith is Sam Bradford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270160)

Bowser 02-18-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413461)
Bradford had elite accuracy coming out, or so was the thought.

I'd also chime that the Rams haven't exactly filled their roster with playmakers for him to throw to.

I'll never quite understand why they let Danario Alexander go when they basically had him for free.

I guess that's part of why the Rams are the Rams.

Ace Gunner 02-18-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9413420)
And Bradford went #1. So why the **** can't Geno?

ryan leaf #1. does that make it right. ugh.

I'm a Geno fan. I was hoping he'd finish strong and justify the pick. I'll root for the kid wherever he lands, but he's a reach and so was bradford. leaf is just a dumb shit.

the point is any of them is not just an automatic NFL star, they all need to work hard to even get going in the NFL. I liked braford, especially his final season was convincing. but it just isn't that simple.

Rams Fan 02-18-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413451)
I've always thought Bradford was overrated, especially since his surrounding talent at OU was phenomenal.

And LOL at Fisher for sticking with this guy when you could have had RG3. So glad we didn't hire Fisher here. We would have continued our excellence of 8-8.

Rams are 1-0 vs RG3. RG3 also had a pretty severe injury to end the season and Bradford's worst injury with the Rams was a high ankle sprain.

Rams Fan 02-18-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9413469)
I'll never quite understand why they let Danario Alexander go when they basically had him for free.

I guess that's part of why the Rams are the Rams.

Because the Rams needed a WR who could be on the field for 16 games as well as play ST.

Danario, while a play maker, does neither.

ModSocks 02-18-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9413470)

I'm a Geno fan. I was hoping he'd finish strong and justify the pick. I'll root for the kid wherever he lands, but he's a reach and so was bradford. leaf is just a dumb shit.

the point is any of them is not just an automatic NFL star, they all need to work hard to even get going in the NFL. I liked braford, especially his final season was convincing. but it just isn't that simple.

At the time, Bradford was not considered a reach. He was thought of as the best QB available and in college, he demonstrated outstanding accuracy. The main concern with him was his build/ propensity for injuries, and so far in the NFL, those concerns have been validated.

Also, unlike others, im not ready to call Bradford a bust yet. He made some decent improvements last season and appears to still be ascending.

DJ's left nut 02-18-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9413470)

Bullshit, Bradford was absolutely not a reach.

The Rams had absolute garbage at the QB position and the only question was whether or not they should go with him or Suh. At worst, there was a 50/50 split and that's because people were calling Suh the next Sapp.

Not because they didn't think Bradford was a worthy #1 overall pick. Bradford was being touted as a potential #1 overall the season before and that's when he was going up against Stafford as a prospect, another guy that everyone loved at 1.1.

Don't treat this in hindsight - in real time there was absolutely nothing 'reach' about Bradford.

Bowser 02-18-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9413478)
Because the Rams needed a WR who could be on the field for 16 games as well as play ST.

Danario, while a play maker, does neither.

I'll defer to you. All I know is that Danario stepped right in with San Diego and produced immediately when he got there. I remember seeing his stats and thinking Bradford would really have loved someone like him to go along with Amendola.

O.city 02-18-2013 06:23 PM

I don't know what the Rams financials are, but they should make a big move for one of the big market WR's in free agency.

Actually, for Bradford, Bowe would be a great match with him.

Rams Fan 02-18-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9413481)
The main concern with him was his build/ propensity for injuries, and so far in the NFL, those concerns have been validated.

lolwut

Bradford has played 2 full seasons out of 3. And the season he missed time in was because he had a high ankle sprain, which was made worse due to a HC thinking his job was on the line with the success of that team.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2013 06:25 PM

Not seeing it....AT ALL. I liked Bradford coming out too.

O.city 02-18-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9413494)
Not seeing it....AT ALL. I liked Bradford coming out too.

Then you aren't looking hard enough. He's alot like Bradford.

ModSocks 02-18-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9413492)
lolwut

Bradford has played 2 full seasons out of 3. And the season he missed time in was because he had a high ankle sprain, which was made worse due to a HC thinking his job was on the line with the success of that team.

And he played most of last season injured. I dont follow the Rams well enough to know his injuries, but every time he gets mentioned they seem to be talking about him being dinged up.

Rams Fan 02-18-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9413485)
I'll defer to you. All I know is that Danario stepped right in with San Diego and produced immediately when he got there. I remember seeing his stats and thinking Bradford would really have loved someone like him to go along with Amendola.

Danario performed when he was on the field. Not denying that. He did the same with the Chargers.

But his knee is going to only hold up for so long. Once it doesn't hold up, his career is done with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413487)
I don't know what the Rams financials are, but they should make a big move for one of the big market WR's in free agency.

Actually, for Bradford, Bowe would be a great match with him.

Rams will have some room this season to sign FAs. They almost spent up to it this season. It wouldn't shock me to see them add a WR + Amendola in FA, but I'd rather them just retain Amendola and draft one.

Ace Gunner 02-18-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9413481)
At the time, Bradford was not considered a reach. He was thought of as the best QB available and in college, he demonstrated outstanding accuracy. The main concern with him was his build/ propensity for injuries, and so far in the NFL, those concerns have been validated.

Also, unlike others, im not ready to call Bradford a bust yet. He made some decent improvements last season and appears to still be ascending.

yes, but I notice you did not say he's a star, which was my point. I like bradford, but he has disappointed imo. He's likely going to become a good player (not a bust), but I expected his progress to be better than this.

Imo bradford's last collegiate season was better than Geno's.

Rams Fan 02-18-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9413504)
yes, but I notice you did not say he's a star, which was my point. I like bradford, but he has disappointed imo. He's likely going to become a good player (not a bust), but I expected his progress to be better than this.

Imo bradford's last collegiate season was better than Geno's.

Part of that's because of situations he can't control. His progress was stunted with Shurmur leaving and McDaniels coming in, as well as horrid OL play.

Since Schottenheimer is staying, I expect to see more progress this season.