ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc So I hyperextended/sprained my knee last Monday... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270658)

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:22 PM

it sucks because I'm on the hook for $15 a week for flag football AND $15 a week for bowling (league) and I hate throwing away money to be ****ing on the sidelines

if my QB didn't underthrow me this wouldn't be an issue! ****ing asshole :P

Brock 03-02-2013 08:22 PM

What a dipshit. Put ice on it, elevate it, and stay off of it.

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9458493)

Why do you always have to insult people?

Christ. I never get injured. This is a new thing to me. My work can't afford me missing time...I felt AWFUL I had to call in Tuesday and tell them I couldn't walk. I have to be on my knee. It is what it is. I'm not going to stay out of work because "I can" and I have a doctor's note. I like to be accountable.

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9458493)

He works, like normal people.

Carlota69 03-02-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458482)

what about bowling? It's on my non-sliding leg.

I am also on my feet almost the entire time at work...

I'm pretty tough when push comes to shove...they kept trying to get me a wheelchair and I refused it. Is this something I should worry about. I have been the least injury prone person ever in terms of my sporting career. Fractured my foot once in football as a freshmen, and my elbow twice in basketball when I was 11 and 14.

other than that, I just rarely ever get anything worse than a turned ankle.

This is literally the worst injury I've ever had...I'm going to sports medicine on Monday so they will probably do further tests.

Carlota...I can bend my knee and cut right now...I just can't really straighten it the whole way...it was a legit hyperextension...the only place that really hurts is the back side of my knee...

what was your experience/what was hurt/what happened?

Baby, I'm telling you get an MRI. I could bend as well, but couldn't straighten it. I still can't, but we are working on that now. I was shocked to find out that I tore ligaments. Blown away actually. But it was true. Don't do yourself an Injustice and not get the full details.MRI. It doesn't hurt to get one, and it will tell you everything you be to know. Also, if you have torn anything, make sure you get the orthopedic working on your local pro teams. A surgeon who works with athletes. Very important.

Strongside 03-02-2013 08:26 PM

Yeah get an MRI.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 08:27 PM

i'll give up a 2nd round pick for you

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9458505)
Baby, I'm telling you get an MRI. I could bend as well, but couldn't straighten it. I still can't, but we are working on that now. I was shocked to find out that I tore ligaments. Blown away actually. But it was true. Don't do yourself an Injustice and not get the full details.MRI. It doesn't hurt to get one, and it will tell you everything you be to know. Also, if you have torn anything, make sure you get the orthopedic working on your local pro teams. A surgeon who works with athletes. Very important.

well

I have an appointment with sports medicine on Monday so I guess I won't blow that off...

I just did like 4 cuts...I just don't see how this would be an ACL injury...isn't the whole idea behind that ligament 'cutting'?

if they tell me to get an MRI Monday I'll get an MRI but I honestly don't think I could play 20 minutes of flag football where I was running (70% at best) stop routes, out routes and post routes as well as playing defense (at about 70%).

Carlota69 03-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9458512)
i'll give up a 2nd round pick for you

For a receiver with a bum knee???

Bwana 03-02-2013 08:28 PM

Ronnie Lott would have cut it off and kept playing.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedi...onnie-lott.jpg

displacedinMN 03-02-2013 08:29 PM

Agree, get to the doc when you can.. If you felt or heard a pop, you more that likely have more damage.

ice, crutches, ibuprofen, rest.

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:29 PM

and as a guy who plays constant pickup basketball, softball, and football and bowls every Wednesday I'm just not injury prone...

so I am a n00b at this stuff...I've turned an ankle and that's pretty much how this feels. It's just really swollen...but it has felt better every day. I just don't see how it could be an ACL if I'm cutting.

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9458520)
Agree, get to the doc when you can.. If you felt or heard a pop, you more that likely have more damage.

ice, crutches, ibuprofen, rest.

that's what scares me...I did feel a pop

they gave me crutches but it's icy so using them is pretty ****ing pointless

Hootie 03-02-2013 08:30 PM

i'll go explain the entire knee all over again at sports medicine Monday and I'll see what they say

Carlota69 03-02-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9458515)
well

I have an appointment with sports medicine on Monday so I guess I won't blow that off...

I just did like 4 cuts...I just don't see how this would be an ACL injury...isn't the whole idea behind that ligament 'cutting'?

if they tell me to get an MRI Monday I'll get an MRI but I honestly don't think I could play 20 minutes of flag football where I was running (70% at best) stop routes, out routes and post routes as well as playing defense (at about 70%).

You might be able to. You'd be surprised. Definitely don't blow the appt off and I guarantee you they are going to want an MRI. Think about what RG3 was able to do before he went all the way down.
My surgeon told me about one of his swim team clients (he is the official doc for the USA swim team) winning swim meets the day after he tore his ACL.
John Elway played football without his ACL and I believe Hines Ward did as well.
You'd be surprised. Get it checked.