ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc So I hyperextended/sprained my knee last Monday... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270658)

Carlota69 03-03-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459733)
Seriously, get the MRI.

I tore up my knee playing golf at the Lake of the Ozarks a few years back, and was able to finish the round, and play another. So don't go by your ability to get around. Get it thoroughly checked out.

Hell, I had one of the best orthos in the nation as my doc, (surgeon for Olympians and Pro athletes) and even he didn't see all of the damage until he went in for surgery. Even a MRI doesn't necessarily show everything.

Bingo!!!! Same here. The MRI showed partially torn, and in some pics showed fully torn. I was also very strong and able to do things that led everyone to believe that it was partial, til they went in. It was gone and lodged in my knee cap. having said that, MRI is the only way to understand the extent of the injury.

Hootie 03-03-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9459186)
does it hurt if you tap or bump it with an object or against like a solid wall?

no

and in all honesty, the swelling in my knee now is almost all the way gone

it has literally all went down to my ankle...my ankle is ****ing HUGE

I'm icing my ankle right now

Hootie 03-03-2013 10:36 AM

and I didn't twist my ankle or anything...the swelling from my knee LITERALLY shifted to my ankle...it's ****ing weird

rocknrolla 03-03-2013 10:43 AM

I dislocated my knee cap last week. Seemed about 75 percent, kept on doing what I was doing. The next morning it was a watermelon. Had to have it drained and MRI tomorrow. Sucks.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 10:54 AM

Joe Theismann "Likes" this thread....

Dallas Chief 03-03-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9459642)
No Baby, that's just how I talk. Besides, I have been managing knee surgery recovery on Advil and Tylenol alone. Which makes me happy. I did get the nerve block tho and that numbed my leg for over 30 hours. I have the good pills and the good "shit" ( you know Mary Jane), but sor far, haven't had to use it:)

That's cool. I love that kinda talk! :)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9459869)
no

and in all honesty, the swelling in my knee now is almost all the way gone

it has literally all went down to my ankle...my ankle is ****ing HUGE

I'm icing my ankle right now

It's just gravity. I had a small, fatty tumor cut out of my tricep a few years ago, but the hack surgeon who did it didn't properly cauterize the wound.

I woke up two days later with my entire arm yellow, green, and black. The blood eventually drained down into my elbow and it hurt like a bitch, even though it wasn't the site of the primary injury.

I'd talk to someone in sports medicine at the very least.