ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink America's 5 best BBQ hot spots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272916)

gblowfish 05-10-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9673164)
Taking my girlfriend to AB's Sunday after the game.

Her first legitimate BBQ experience. We'll see how the Wisconsinian enjoys it.

Here's a tip for you:

If you get a combo plate, ask for ribs as one of the two meats on the combo. The ribs are great, and you can try them without having to buy a big order of them.

Also, if it's to go, ask for the sauce on the side.

ABs original sauce is not for everyone. It's tart, and has a lot of paprika in it. I personally LOVE it. But not everyone does. They also make an excellent sweet sauce, which is dynamite on chicken and turkey. Both sauces are on the table, so ask them to NOT SAUCE the meat, then you can try both styles, and lather it up to your liking at the table.

If you order a sandwich or combo, get fries with it. A full sized sandwich will easily feed two people. So come very hungry, or be prepared to take some home.

Stewie 05-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9671430)
While Oklahoma Joe's is my personal favorite, Fiorella's is great from a national perspective because pretty much anybody can get it delivered to them. I've spent tons of money shipping stuff to family at various places in the US (including Hawaii), just so they can get a taste of what I enjoy locally here.

What you're sending isn't from their restaurants. It's illegal to ship any food that's not cooked in a USDA certified kitchen (restaurants aren't because it opens a whole bunch of regulations). Fiorella's uses a commercial kitchen for their distribution and processing of food.

Titty Meat 05-10-2013 11:34 AM

Just ate a Zman at Oklahoma Joes.

ChiefsCountry 05-10-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672966)
No I understand completely. Nothing is worse than paying good money for BBQ and getting a crappy sandwich. I won't eat at Wyandotte BBQ for just that reason. I've been there twice, and both times my food was total shit.

When Gates is on, it's on. When it's off, it's off. Plus it depends what location you eat at. 18th and Brooklyn has the most consistent food. The Gates out in the suburbs are the most inconsistent for some reason.

I always eat at Gates on Paeso down by UMKC. Never had bad bbq there. Of course Gates is my #1 BBQ place in KC.

ChiefsCountry 05-10-2013 11:39 AM

The best bbq I have had outside of Kansas City
Jack's BBQ in Nashville
www.jacksbarbque.com

It could hold its own with the KC joints IMO.

HemiEd 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

This thread made me hungry for some BBQ. We went and had some pulled pork sandwiches for lunch with the beans. http://www.hickoryriversmokehouse.net/

Pretty darn tasty

PunkinDrublic 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

I've had a great week in KC. I've eaten at AB, Jack Stack and today joes. KC is head and shoulders above anything I've had in Texas. That includes anything I've had in Austin.

Ceej 05-10-2013 11:48 AM

It seems that there's a BBQ thread every couple of months.

And they never get old.

Mm BBQ.

Dartgod 05-10-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9673222)
I've had a great week in KC. I've eaten at AB, Jack Stack and today joes. KC is head and shoulders above anything I've had in Texas. That includes anything I've had in Austin.

So, now that you've had all three, how would you rank them?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672966)
No I understand completely. Nothing is worse than paying good money for BBQ and getting a crappy sandwich. I won't eat at Wyandotte BBQ for just that reason. I've been there twice, and both times my food was total shit.

When Gates is on, it's on. When it's off, it's off. Plus it depends what location you eat at. 18th and Brooklyn has the most consistent food. The Gates out in the suburbs are the most inconsistent for some reason.

Brooklyn location never lets me down, nor does 31st and Main. Now, there are western variations, but sloppy, salty-wet Carolina pulled pork can stay the **** in Carolina. Anyone who pines for that shit needs a ****ing overhaul in life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wildcat2005 05-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9673199)
Just ate a Zman at Oklahoma Joes.

yeah that sandwich is amazing
I just found out you can get it with different meats to

Had a chicken Z man
Not as good as the brisket, but still really good

Pitt Gorilla 05-10-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9671228)
Woody's is solid; Sawmill blows it away.

I used to go to another place near downtown. I think it was big r's or something like that. It was yummy.

PunkinDrublic 05-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9673299)
So, now that you've had all three, how would you rank them?

1. Joes

2. AB the original.

3. Jack Stack.

Demonpenz 05-10-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9673003)
Anyone else tried The Rub, at K-10 and Ridgeview? I've been there a few times and it's pretty damn good.

close to the are there is a place called the pick is ok.

keg in kc 05-10-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9673183)
What you're sending isn't from their restaurants

Never said (or thought) it was. I've actually had it a couple of times myself with the family at Christmas (they're in West Virginia). Just making the point that I can ship something that's at least a shadow of what's available here. And it's better than any bbq any of my family can get where they live, in a style that none of them can get where they live.