ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink America's 5 best BBQ hot spots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272916)

suzzer99 05-10-2013 06:28 PM

This thread makes me sad I live in LA.

Ceej 05-10-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9674152)
This thread makes me sad I live in LA.

At least you guys got good fish tacos.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2013 09:37 PM

Anything east of Main and south of Indep Ave all the way down to Blue River Road is "east side".
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach| 05-10-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672914)
Gates does not suck. Let's squash that right out of the gate. It's one of the best, most successful, and most tenured BBQ joints in the city.

The thing about Gates is, it's maddeningly inconsistent with both food quality and service.

When they are on their game, their ribs, brisket and turkey are wonderful. Sometimes you get a fatty beef sandwich, or grisly ribs. You just have to ask to see the ribs first, or ask for your sandwich "lean as possible".

I think this about Arthur Bryant's on a good day that beef sandwich is the best anywhere. But those good days do not always happen.

As far as Gates go their system for ordering is stupid. I can stand you yelling at me if you listen when I order so I don't have to say I want fries 10 times.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2013 10:18 PM

Zach is so white.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick 05-10-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9673988)
I was born 25 miles from Salina, in McPherson. I've eaten at the Hickory Hut many many times. It started out as just a little piece of shit mobile home selling BBQ sammiches in the 80's. But the BBQ was decent. It got a lot better as time went on, but even after all these years it would still be pretty far down the list compared to KC places. It's still there, I ate there last summer, and still drive by it pretty frequently.

I liked it just fine. Thought it was as good as Gates and Zarda. I guess there is no accounting for taste, huh? Thanks for chiming in.

Al Bundy 05-10-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9674432)

Hey we have 'em here... they're just down on Independence Avenue.

suzzer99 05-11-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9674432)

We have good just about everything except pizza and BBQ.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-11-2013 12:08 AM

LC's is still top dog on my list. Love their burnt ends!

BWillie 05-11-2013 01:04 AM

Jack Stack is the best quality BBQ there is on this planet, but at some point you just cant make BBQ any better. Theres tons and tons of places that are right up there because there is so much competition nowadays. OK Joes is actually a place that seems to focus more on their sandwiches but obviously there ribs are top notch too...just dont see how any BBQ is better than Jack Stack.