ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink America's 5 best BBQ hot spots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272916)

Rain Man 05-09-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 9670918)
I was recently in your area and happened to hit a spot in Loveland called "Serious Texas BBQ" . It's not KC Q - but it's not bad either! The Cherry Chipolte sauce surprised the living hell out of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9670902)
Have you tried Jim-n-Nicks in the Northfield Mall? I have not, but when my wife and I are in Denver (every February and August) we usually take in a movie just down the street from this place. I always have thought it smelled really good when walking by anyway.

http://www.jimnnicks.com/menus/northfield/

If you give it a thumbs up, I might try it next visit.

I haven't tried either of these places since they're significantly out of my neighborhood, but maybe for a birthday meal we'll make the trek to them. Thanks.

Fish 05-09-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 9671025)
Yeah, I know...I said the same thing. But it is really tasty on pulled pork.

http://serioustexasbbq.com/index.asp

They like their fruity BBQ...

Quote:

We are known for the must-have smoked pork loin which pairs nicely with the homemade pineapple-jalapeno salsa, or our award winning pulled pork sandwich with our fruity, fiery cherry-chipotle salsa or our tender beef brisket you can't help but sink your teeth into...

Randallflagg 05-09-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9671033)
They like their fruity BBQ...

Well, it IS Colorado...........

gblowfish 05-09-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9670979)
Anybody been to L.C.'s in KC? I'll be back in KC next month and I wanted to try a new place. Heard it was pretty good.

L.C.'s is on Blue Parkway, that's about three or four miles southwest of Arrowhead Stadium. There's another place just east of L.C.'s also on Blue Parkway called Big T's. I actually like their overall food product better. They have a wider variety, and give you more for the buck. L.C.'s is one of the KC classic BBQ dives though. Can't go wrong with either.

unlurking 05-09-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9670822)
Now I really want some barbecue.

One of the two best places in Denver went out of business. Sad face. Our barbecue here teeters on the very brink of existence, and I don't understand why. We have 100 sandwich shops in downtown Denver, and there's one barbecue place. It's completely out of whack.

Tried Brickyard BBQ at a 38th and Stuart? KC style, only local place (KC expat owner/chef) I've found that does burnt ends. The County Line location is closed on Sundays, but we'll stop in and grab a few pounds on a Saturday and reheat on game day at three times a season.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-09-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9670956)
Golden Corral is pretty good.

Goosebumps

journeyscarab 05-09-2013 01:20 PM

Smokin' Moes in Winter Park, CO is pretty good. We visited there over the summer. Its pretty close to KC BBQ. It's no OK Joes tho.

gblowfish 05-09-2013 01:21 PM

Since I've been working out here on the Kansas Side, I eat Zarda's for lunch sometimes because it's close by. It's OK, not my favorite. Woodyard BBQ in Merriam is outstanding, but is a little too far to drive for lunch. It's also a very funky dive, you'd never know it was there if you weren't looking for it. I still think Rosedale gives you great value for the buck. On a BBQ dinner you get three sides. Most places only give you one or two. Their fries are wunnerful. Danny Edward's place next to Ponak's Mexican Kitchen on Southwest Blvd is very good, but they only serve lunch. Not open for dinner, which is weird. Seems like they throw away a lot of business they could have if they stayed open until 8pm or so. Whatever. I guess you can make your own rules when you make good BBQ.

Randallflagg 05-09-2013 01:28 PM

Living here in Olathe, I hit OK Joes on a regular basis....but honestly, I started at a local joint like 20 or so years ago - Smokin Joes off Santa Fe. It has went pretty far downhill over the last 5 years or so, but they used to be excellent.

I never really got the whole "jack stack" thing, but it's all good!

Dartgod 05-09-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9670764)
Meh,
I can name Five BBQ joints right here in KC that are better than Jack Stack.

These lists from "national" news services ain't worth spit.

If I remember right, you think one of those is Gates.

And if I am correct, then you are wrong.

HemiEd 05-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 9671093)
Living here in Olathe, I hit OK Joes on a regular basis....but honestly, I started at a local joint like 20 or so years ago - Smokin Joes off Santa Fe. It has went pretty far downhill over the last 5 years or so, but they used to be excellent.

I never really got the whole "jack stack" thing, but it's all good!

Is OK Joes close to 35, so a guy can hit it easily on the way from Des Moines to Wichita?

DaveNull 05-09-2013 02:32 PM

Rosedale was some of the worst BBQ I've had anywhere. Perhaps some folks have some nostalgic feelings about it, but without those its a meal I wish I could have back.

Great Expectations 05-09-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9670999)
I like woody's in Joplin, but I haven't been in a while.

Woody's is solid; Sawmill blows it away.

Fish 05-09-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9671223)
Is OK Joes close to 35, so a guy can hit it easily on the way from Des Moines to Wichita?

You bet. Both the locations are pretty close to 35...

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9...30509at334.jpg

Donger 05-09-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9671050)
Tried Brickyard BBQ at a 38th and Stuart? KC style, only local place (KC expat owner/chef) I've found that does burnt ends. The County Line location is closed on Sundays, but we'll stop in and grab a few pounds on a Saturday and reheat on game day at three times a season.

That's nuts. I had NO idea that that place existed. May have to check it out. Thanks.