ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News How often are you on the news/in the newspaper/on media? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274768)

Rain Man 07-24-2013 12:25 PM

How often are you on the news/in the newspaper/on media?

That two day old kid in England has already beaten my lifetime of media coverage, and he's not even trying.

So are you in the news/media often? Consider anything from being interviewed to being quoted to being arrested to that viral picture on collegehumor of you eating a hot dog in an embarrassing manner. Does the world know your name or face?

I'm generally a behind the scenes guy. I work on a lot of issues that get on the news, but very seldom am in the news myself, and then only to talk about those issues. Maybe an interview or two a year, if that.

My biggest media piece was some quarterback humor that I posted on here a few years back that got passed around the web to some degree in a mild viral spread (more like a cold than a virus).

BlackHelicopters 07-24-2013 12:34 PM

My arrest was big news when it occurred.

ChiTown 07-24-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9831453)
That two day old kid in England has already beaten my lifetime of media coverage, and he's not even trying.

So are you in the news/media often? Consider anything from being interviewed to being quoted to being arrested to that viral picture on collegehumor of you eating a hot dog in an embarrassing manner. Does the world know your name or face?

I'm generally a behind the scenes guy. I work on a lot of issues that get on the news, but very seldom am in the news myself, and then only to talk about those issues. Maybe an interview or two a year, if that.

My biggest media piece was some quarterback humor that I posted on here a few years back that got passed around the web to some degree in a mild viral spread (more like a cold than a virus).

The Company I have a Partnership in is in the Paper/News a lot, unfortunately.

patteeu 07-24-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9831505)
The Company I have a Partnership in is in the Paper/News a lot, unfortunately.

Halliburton, huh?

ChiTown 07-24-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9831510)
Halliburton, huh?

:D

Nope, but we are a supplier to HAL

Discuss Thrower 07-24-2013 12:47 PM

Not that anyone noticed but my byline is on several HS sports stories in the Springfield area.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2013 12:49 PM

A project I was involved in was on the front page of Deadline Hollywood a few months back, if that counts.

ModSocks 07-24-2013 12:57 PM

I use to get a lot of media attention when i was just a homeless kid (go figure). San Diego's "North County Times" did a column on homeless shelters and i was the main feature, had a picture of me in there too (sympathy card i guess).

Father Joe (local homeless/social services advocate) would pimp me out quite a bit when i was a teen. Had me going on local radio shows every Holiday season to tell my stories in order to get more people to donate to his foundations. He even had me do a T.V commercial, which was rather embarrassing.

Stewie 07-24-2013 01:01 PM

I've been published in scientific journals several times. Nobody reads them, so I'd say never.

Graystoke 07-24-2013 01:46 PM

Every time I get divorced it hits the paper.

AdumbGuy 07-24-2013 03:25 PM

I voted for the quite often option. Facebook counts as media, right? I'm almost a big deal on there. Or at least I'd like to be.

blaise 07-24-2013 03:34 PM

I have jokes read on a national radio show almost daily if that counts. I've had my tweets used in articles on yahoo sports, yahoo, usa today and some others.
And Jay Mohr talked about me for about 10 seconds on his podcast with Bull Burr last month.

CrazyPhuD 07-24-2013 03:36 PM

Before or after they dig up the back yard????

Mr. Laz 07-24-2013 03:41 PM

only with my face blurred

Bugeater 07-24-2013 04:13 PM

I was on the local news once.