ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (1/6) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280443)

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:11 PM

Mock (1/6)

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs extend Alex Smith 4 years, $35m ($20m guaranteed), and OLB Justin Houston 6 years, $52m ($32m guaranteed).

2. The Chiefs resign OG Geoff Schwartz to a 2-year, $4m deal.

3. The Chiefs resign WR Kyle Williams, TE Sean McGrath, LS Thomas Gafford, ILB Akeem Jordan, NT Jerrell Powe and S Husain Abdullah to minimal deals.

4. The Chiefs let walk: WR Dexter McCluster, OT Brandon Albert, OG Jon Asamoah, DE Tyson Jackson, OLB Frank Zombo, S Kendrick Lewis, S Quinten Demps

5. The Chiefs cut: CB Dunta Robinson

6. Chiefs sign OT Winston Justice to a 1-year, $2m deal, S Bradley McDougald to a minimum deal.

On with the show:

1.23. DE Stephen Tuitt, Notre Dame

My current lead guy for my official endorsement at the #23 pick. Tuitt has the body of a 3-4 DE with the athleticism of a 4-3 DE. We have a bunch of "pretty good" guys at DE, but nobody who blows the doors off the place. Imagine an NFL defense that has to pick their poison between Hali, Houston, Poe, and Tuitt. We need more reliable pressure.

3.87. WR Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin

So you say you want a reliable deep threat. Abbrederis lived downfield for Wisconsin. His receptions are far more likely to come greater than 15 yards down the field than they are from within. It's a combination of great speed, savvy route-running (though he needs to prove he is a crisper route-runner), and ability to use his body very well. He also ran the ball with some regularity off bubble screens and reverses.

4.119. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida

Oh, I love this guy. One of my favorite guys in what I currently project in the midrounds -- you are getting yourself a 6'1" with fantastic speed and hits like very well for a player his size. I absolutely love this guy. He isn't lockdown corner ability, but he would provide solid depth with some starter potential.

5.151. FS Terrance Brooks, Florida State

More midround talent that I really, really like. I think Brooks plays really, really fast. And occasionally too aggressive. But there's no denying he's a fantastic tackler, a smart player with a great nose for the ball.

6.177. OLB Chaz Sutton, South Carolina

Chaz is an athletically gifted passrusher off the edge with a ton of versatility. He's plenty fast but I think his strength is what sents him apart.
I think he has some coverage ability, even though the Gamecocks usually asked him to just rush forward. To me, he looks a lot more like Tamba than he does Houston.

6.183. RB Kapri Bibbs, Colorado State

Very tough scat back with fantastic speed -- pulls away from defenders. I really like his decision making as he hits the hole and I absolutely love him when he's shoulder-to-shoulder with a defender trying to beat him to the end zone.

7.215. CB Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois

I can't help but think this guy will shoot up boards over draft season as people get more familiar with him. He's one of the key talents that allowed Northern Ill to shoot up the FBS rankins unexpectedly this year. A very, very smart player with some starter potential.

McBeard 01-06-2014 03:14 PM

Nice draft. I really like 1,4,5, and 6a. I really like Purifoy and Sutton would be a nice back up.

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:15 PM

QB: Smith, Daniel, Bray
RB: Charles, Davis, Gray, Bipps
FB: Sherman

WR: Bowe, Avery, Abbrederis, Hemingway, Jenkins, Williams
TE: Kelce, Fasano, McGrath

LT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice
LG: Allen, Johnson
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Schwartz, Johnson
RT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Tuitt, Catapano

OLB: Hali, Sutton
ILB: Jordan, Johnson
ILB: Johnson, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Moses

CB: Flowers, Smith, Purifoy, Cooper, Parker, Ward
S: Berry, Abdullah, Commings, Brooks, McDougald

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Davis
PR: Williams

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:16 PM

http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-conte.../****-YEAH.gif

But we need a RG in there for Sac.

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10350621)
Nice draft. I really like 1,4,5, and 6a. I really like Purifoy and Sutton would be a nice back up.

**** off, UncleSucker.

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350650)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XxJeO5QzAQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FYP

Jakemall 01-06-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350609)
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs extend Alex Smith 4 years, $35m ($20m guaranteed), and OLB Justin Houston 6 years, $52m ($32m guaranteed).

Alex is making 9.5 Million this year if I'm not mistaken. You think he'll take a contract for less than he's making now? He's a team player, but that would be off the charts.

McBeard 01-06-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350634)
QB: Smith, Daniel, Bray
RB: Charles, Davis, Gray, Bipps
FB: Sherman

WR: Bowe, Avery, Abbrederis, Hemingway, Jenkins, Williams
TE: Kelce, Fasano, McGrath

LT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice
LG: Allen, Johnson
C: Hudson, Kush
RG: Schwartz, Johnson
RT: Stephenson/Fisher, Justice

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Tuitt, Catapano

OLB: Hali, Sutton
ILB: Jordan, Johnson
ILB: Johnson, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Moses

CB: Flowers, Smith, Purifoy, Cooper, Ward
S: Berry, Commings, Brooks, Parker, McDougald

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Davis
PR: Williams

Note that they moved Powe to DE when they brought him back. He looked like he had lost some weight. He was good at penetrating on passing downs in San Diego but the d-line got gashed pretty good. It wasn't all on him but he should be a better run stopper. Does that influence the Tuitt pick at all? Can Powe continue to grow as a DE?

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350662)
FYP

I love you. Don't you ever leave this ****ing forum.

McBeard 01-06-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350650)
**** off, UncleSucker.

I like South Park to Uncle ****er.

Sorter 01-06-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10350672)
I like South Park to Uncle ****er.

Did you **** your uncle in addition to blowing him and your babysitter's son?

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10350664)
Alex is making 9.5 Million this year if I'm not mistaken. You think he'll take a contract for less than he's making now? He's a team player, but that would be off the charts.

I'm not sure...

Right now, we have leverage. I think we get him for a cheaper deal this year, than we would next year, when we'd have exactly zero.

Direckshun 01-06-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350671)
I love you. Don't you ever leave this ****ing forum.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vJmp7L5q7ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 01-06-2014 03:49 PM

Why do people think we let Dex walk?

Reid loves him.

Jakemall 01-06-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10350689)
I'm not sure...

Right now, we have leverage. I think we get him for a cheaper deal this year, than we would next year, when we'd have exactly zero.

Might have some leverage..but not enough for him to reduce what he's making with the way he played. I don't think he'll want a payday compared to what a lot of other QBs are doing, but he'll want something respectable that says "the Chiefs like me, they really do..." without killing the ability to bring on talent that will help them win.

Jakemall 01-06-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10350769)
Why do people think we let Dex walk?

Reid loves him.

Don't think Dex is going anywhere.

Sorter 01-06-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10350815)

I don't either and I hope he stays.

Can't even imagine writing that a year ago.

O.city 01-06-2014 06:52 PM

Trade out the wr for cooks from Oregon state and it's a done deal

Saccopoo 01-06-2014 07:38 PM

Abbrederis is a very nice college player, worked his ass off to get where he is, but he's not an NFL player. Not even remotely close.

If Donte Moncrief declares, and he's available, it's a no brainer pick. I think he's got a chance to be the best receiver in this class if he declares, and because of the influx of guys at the top end, he might be a third rounder. As close to Andre Johnson in terms of body and potential as you are going to see. Runs very good routes, has nice hands and has very good speed in pads. Guy is a beast.

If Moncrief is off the board, you take Mike Davis from Texas. Guy is a big time play maker at the position who has been slightly hamstrung by mediocre QB play, but still ranks as one of the top receivers in Longhorn history. He's got speed and will go up and after the ball against DBs.

T-post Tom 01-06-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10350664)

Alex Smith had a base salary of $7.5M + a $1M roster bonus for 2013. He has a $7.5M base salary with no bonuses for 2014.

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Alex Smith&Position=QB&Team=Chiefs

T-post Tom 01-06-2014 08:36 PM

Would pick Martavis Bryant over Jared Abbrederis if available. He's faster, taller and very productive. Not sure he'll be there, but there doesn't seem to be much buzz about him as he's played 2nd fiddle to Sammy Watkins at Clemson. Bryant is 6'5", 200 lbs and runs a 4.38 40. Averaged 19.7 yds per catch last year. 30.5 yds per catch his sophomore year. Definately worth moving up to the top of the third if he's still around. Chances are that someone will pick him up in the 2nd, probably SF with the Chiefs' pick. :mad:

PhillyChiefFan 01-07-2014 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10350815)

Short of the wide open drop against SD (??) he has been pretty reliable.

He gets seperation and is definitely a threat as a PR, so I'm not sure why people think he's gone. Only thing I can think of is the money he may want since he's a pro bowler, even if it is as a PR and not a WR.

McBeard 01-07-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350852)
I don't either and I hope he stays.

Can't even imagine writing that a year ago.

I hope he stays but I think Milkman said it best. It is more about Toub than the returners. Dex is going to want some money and someone will give it to him. I do think he is a "Reid guy" but Demps is to. I like him in the slot but I think we go in a different direction. Hemmingway is similar to Jason Avant and could fill the slot role nicely. Both run good routes, have good hands, and are good blockers. Hemmingway has really improved his route running. Junior proved he can fill that slot role.

I think Dex is a goner.

Hoover 01-07-2014 08:44 AM

Demps sucks. His returns in the playoff game sucked.

No way we are going to let Dex walk.

McBeard 01-07-2014 10:27 AM

Ok, say they don't keep Demps. They still have Davis as a return man. It's about Toub in my opinion. Not the returner. We can only pay McCluster so much. I hope we can keep him but odds are we won't be able to afford him. McCluster is nothing more than a luxury at this point. That's all he is as far as value is concerned. I hope he'll take a discount to remain a Chief.

The Franchise 01-07-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10352856)
Demps sucks. His returns in the playoff game sucked.

No way we are going to let Dex walk.

Really you're only replacing your punt returner. You can do that by signing a player like Golden Tate. What we need to do is dump Gray and find a speedy RB that can double as our punt returner.

Direckshun 01-07-2014 10:55 AM

Kyle Williams is a really good punt returner and would probably flourish under Toub, which is why I have the Chiefs re-signing him.

McBeard 01-07-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10353087)
Kyle Williams is a really good punt returner and would probably flourish under Toub, which is why I have the Chiefs re-signing him.

Good call. That makes sense.

OldSchool 01-07-2014 11:33 AM

I highly doubt that Tuitt makes it to 23. Great size and athleticism coupled with great production will likely land him in the top 15 range, possibly top 10. He'll probably test really well also.

As far as Moncreif goes, I see him as a slightly faster version of Dwayne Bowe. The same inconsistent hands and he lacked effort from what I saw of his 2013 games. He was also a bit of a lazy blocker considerng the size advantage he has over a lot of DBs.

OldSchool 01-07-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10353087)

Williams also had a tendency to choke in big moments. Cost the 49ers a Superbowl appearance due to his flubs in the NFC Championship game against the Giants. He did the same to his team during a big game when he was still in college at Zona.

Sorter 01-07-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10352779)
I hope he stays but I think Milkman said it best. It is more about Toub than the returners. Dex is going to want some money and someone will give it to him. I do think he is a "Reid guy" but Demps is to. I like him in the slot but I think we go in a different direction. Hemmingway is similar to Jason Avant and could fill the slot role nicely. Both run good routes, have good hands, and are good blockers. Hemmingway has really improved his route running. Junior proved he can fill that slot role.

I think Dex is a goner.

You creep me out, you ****ing weirdo.

Super-Ignore is coming back.

McBeard 01-07-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10353569)
You creep me out, you ****ing weirdo.

Super-Ignore is coming back.

What? Not re-signing McCluster creeps you out? I would be happy if you quit following me around bud. Ignoring me would be great.

Buehler445 01-07-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 10352752)
Short of the wide open drop against SD (??) he has been pretty reliable.

He gets seperation and is definitely a threat as a PR, so I'm not sure why people think he's gone. Only thing I can think of is the money he may want since he's a pro bowler, even if it is as a PR and not a WR.

That'd be it. Other than running in snow, he hasn't shown anything special, and I imagine someone will pay him.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-07-2014 04:35 PM

2. The Chiefs resign OG Geoff Schwartz to a 2-year, $4m deal.

None of those deals are even close to what those players get.

Sorter 01-07-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10353714)
What? Not re-signing McCluster creeps you out? I would be happy if you quit following me around bud. Ignoring me would be great.

You leaving forever would be enjoyed by all.

Nightfyre 01-07-2014 05:11 PM

Mult ban. Make it happen.

McBeard 01-07-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10353918)
You leaving forever would be enjoyed by all.

Why would I leave? I like it here. I don't know why you have decided to target me. I get the rookie hazing but this isn't BUDS training and there is no bell to ring. I'm not going to bow out and I hope I don't get kicked out. If I get pissed I'll leave for a while and come back later. This is about fun for me. Talking football is fun. You are the weirdo. All you do is follow me around and talk about homosexual incest shit. Get a life.

Sorter 01-08-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10353986)
Why would I leave? I like it here. I don't know why you have decided to target me. I get the rookie hazing but this isn't BUDS training and there is no bell to ring. I'm not going to bow out and I hope I don't get kicked out. If I get pissed I'll leave for a while and come back later. This is about fun for me. Talking football is fun. You are the weirdo. All you do is follow me around and talk about homosexual incest shit. Get a life.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...wwco1_1280.gif

Chief Roundup 01-11-2014 10:53 AM

I think Alex's contract will be for 5 to 7 years from 60 to 80 mil. and probably written in a way that we can opt out after 3 or 4 years.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2014 11:12 AM

Didn't even read past the 2nd line. If you think you're getting Smith or Houston for that, good freaking luck.

Chief Roundup 01-12-2014 05:30 PM

Just thought I would throw a list of recent contracts to OLB in 3-4 defenses.
DeMarcus Ware 7yrs. 78 mil with 25.5 mil guaranteed.
Clay Matthews 5 yrs. 66 mil with 20.5 mil guaranteed.
Terrell Suggs 6 yrs. 63 mil with 14 mil guaranteed. (In 2009)
Tamba Hali 5 yrs. 57.5 mil with 16 mil guaranteed.
Now what do you think Justin Houston will be looking for in a new contract?

Nightfyre 01-12-2014 09:59 PM

I'd say 12/year with 4/year gty'd.