ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC 1st Sporting KC Game on Saturday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282779)

Dayze 04-04-2014 04:28 AM

1st Sporting KC Game on Saturday

so, my wife was given free tickets and a parking pass by her boss earlier this week for the Sporting KC game on Saturday.

I'm a soccer novice, to say the least. Same goes for the wife. My acumen of the game consists of putting the ball in the goal. What should someone who has probably never watched an entire game of soccer in his life, let alone live, look for when watching the game?

also, what section are the Anti Freeze Slurpies served in?

Superbowltrashcan 04-04-2014 05:35 AM

Where are your seats located? Based on location in the stadium there are certainly different "experiences" to be had, not unlike tailgating at Arrowhead with the buddies compared to sharing a cocktail with Bif and his friends in the Arrowhead Lounge. If you are open to getting sucked into the festivities, arrive as early as possible and find the Cauldron Bus. Tell them you are a "soccer virgin" and enjoy yourself. (Hopefully you like free Boulevard Beverages!)

Dayze 04-04-2014 06:45 AM

section 110; row 10 I believe.

Dragonocho 04-04-2014 07:14 AM

You'll be close enough to the field to see the birds nesting in Beckerman's hair.

tymania 04-04-2014 07:15 AM

i think you will be pleasantly surprised on how good soccer is live. Especially MLS, the defense is so poor compared to EPL, makes the game much for fun to watch. Also helps that Sporting is one of the better teams in the league.

Dayze 04-04-2014 07:17 AM

cool. looking forward to it even though I know nothing about it in terms of strategy etc.

if we win, I'm going to rush the field and punch someone on the other team in the face while yelling "Sporting mother ****er"

Dragonocho 04-04-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10538563)
cool. looking forward to it even though I know nothing about it in terms of strategy etc.

if we win, I'm going to rush the field and punch someone on the other team in the face while yelling "Sporting mother ****er"

Make sure you wear a cow costume as you enter the stadium.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-04-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonocho (Post 10538589)
Make sure you wear a cow costume as you enter the stadium.

wasn't that a chicago fan that did that? I actually was present to witness it! lol

Dayze 04-05-2014 09:03 PM

never seen a soccer game in person at any level.

it was KICK ASS. that stadium was awesome. the atmosphere was kick ass. I will definitely be going again in the future.

we were in section 101, which is just off to the side of the Cauldron (I think that's what it was called); only 10 rows up. Incredible stadium

I LOVED the fact that we weren't bombarded with advertisements, and PA announcers pimping commercials. The game never stopped; just constant action on the field. VERY refreshing experience. In some ways, blasphemy I know, I liked it better than Arrowhead. Smaller venue; excellent views etc. I was completely blown away.

Simplicity 04-05-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10542458)

it was KICK ASS. that stadium was awesome. the atmosphere was kick ass. I will definitely be going again in the future.

we were in section 101, which is just off to the side of the Cauldron (I think that's what it was called); only 10 rows up. Incredible stadium

I LOVED the fact that we weren't bombarded with advertisements, and PA announcers pimping commercials. The game never stopped; just constant action on the field. VERY refreshing experience. In some ways, blasphemy I know, I liked it better than Arrowhead. Smaller venue; excellent views etc. I was completely blown away.

Glad you enjoyed! The hate the game of soccer gets is unfortunate. Soccer is a very enjoyable sport to watch, especially live.

Reaper16 04-05-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to get back to Sporting Park sometime.

Dragonocho 04-05-2014 09:15 PM

Did you get to invade the pitch?

Dayze 04-05-2014 09:16 PM

queue?

TribalElder 04-05-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

In some ways, blasphemy I know, I liked it better than Arrowhead. Smaller venue; excellent views etc. I was completely blown away.

I haven't went to a sporting game but last year I went to the royals, arrowhead, and a mavericks game.

Arrowhead was the shittiest experience unfortunately. Royals second and the mavericks game was the best

Dayze 04-06-2014 05:13 AM

agree. I really enjoyed the Mavericks. I keep meaning to get back to a game, but always seem to get caught up in stuff etc.