ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299772)

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-07-2016 05:30 PM

Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster

Here's another cherry on the shit sundae:

Missouri's softball team has launched a protest against athletics director Mack Rhoades and the athletic administration, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune.

Players released a statement before playing a game Saturday, under protest, at home against South Carolina.

“The Missouri athletic department is conducting a wholly unsubstantiated investigation of our softball program and the softball coaching staff,” the statement reads. “The softball players support and love our coaching staff, and we wonder why this black cloud is being put over our program intentionally by Mizzou AD Mack Rhoades.”

DaneMcCloud 05-07-2016 05:40 PM

I saw this in USA Today earlier. The team has won 9 straight while being investigated? For what?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-07-2016 05:42 PM

They've also canceled plans to do anything to Hearns and to renovate the south endzone.

He's a Jayhawk sleeper agent.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-07-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12220626)
I saw this in USA Today earlier. The team has won 9 straight while being investigated? For what?

Earleywine is pretty well regarded as an absolute dickhead. I would imagine that he's done something offensive and/or stupid, but it looks like Rhoades has botched this investigation like he has every other move he's made since his hiring.

Buehler445 05-07-2016 06:26 PM

ROFL. Jayhawk sleeper agent.

As if anything in the KU AD not named Bill Self could be so effective.

EDITED for ROFL

JoeyChuckles 05-07-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12220627)

Nah you guys disowned us. It was probably an Arkansas sleeper agent. How's that rivalry working out by the way?

Bowser 05-07-2016 06:47 PM

Missouri is a goddamned bona fide train wreck right now. I keep waiting for my daughter to tell me that she's heard her high school friend Marquise Doherty is transferring to KU or somewhere not named Missouri. And I wouldn't blame him one single iota.

Pepe Silvia 05-07-2016 06:54 PM

Bowen Loftin did nothing but start dumpster fires in his brief time at Mizzou, why would his AD hire be any different?

Saul Good 05-07-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12220630)
Earleywine is pretty well regarded as an absolute dickhead. I would imagine that he's done something offensive and/or stupid, but it looks like Rhoades has botched this investigation like he has every other move he's made since his hiring.

I've said this from the start. He's a disaster.

BryanBusby 05-07-2016 08:37 PM

I think people were just excited for a not Alden.

I knew Rhoades was a limp dick the moment he started fumbling the whole coaching search. What a ****ing disaster.

Great Expectations 05-07-2016 09:27 PM

Alden was too good at winning.

Titty Meat 05-08-2016 09:40 AM

IMO the Porter miss is bigger than this. Probably changes your basketball program if he commits.

DJ's left nut 05-08-2016 01:44 PM

Tim Jamieson was the first sign of an obvious problem.

There was no good reason to bring him back. He's been at this for a decade and we know exactly what he is - just mediocre as !@#$. Mizzou had one of the youngest rosters in the SEC with a fair amount of talent and a potential #1 overall pick leading the rotation.

Mizzou baseball was an attractive job and Rhoades did jack shit to make it better despite a reputation as a baseball guy.

Then you watch how he's handled....well everything, really, and you see he's just over his head. The guy's not a fixer; he's a bag man. He's a guy that will take money and maybe do an okay job of rallying funds when things are going well. If things are going poorly, however, he just has nothing. He can't sell the program, he's unwilling to make a risky or creative hire. He's just going to cross his fingers and hope things improve on their own.

He's a MASSIVE disappointment.

Squalor2 05-08-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12220618)
Here's another cherry on the shit sundae:

Missouri's softball team has launched a protest against athletics director Mack Rhoades and the athletic administration, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune.

Players released a statement before playing a game Saturday, under protest, at home against South Carolina.

“The Missouri athletic department is conducting a wholly unsubstantiated investigation of our softball program and the softball coaching staff,” the statement reads. “The softball players support and love our coaching staff, and we wonder why this black cloud is being put over our program intentionally by Mizzou AD Mack Rhoades.”

wait til the womens softball team gets full of your "roots" avatar reboot

bdj23 05-08-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12220627)
They've also canceled plans to do anything to Hearns and to renovate the south endzone.

Don't feel too bad, our AD is a KSU sleeper agent.