ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So Cassel is clearly the wrong guy, but what should Pioli have done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264907)

-King- 10-09-2012 04:57 PM

Some posts from Dane. Remember, he WATCHED the games and didn't just look at stats

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7273361)
You know, I'm not so sure about that. I think he has a very good chance of being not only a Franchise guy but a Top Five guy as well.

He's improved exponentially this year. It's really only his third year of playing football since high school. He's not only improved on the field by leaps and bounds, but he continues to impress as THE LEADER of this football team.

I never expected such a turnaround from last season and at this point in time, I don't think he's even close to his ceiling.

The guy is really ****ing impressive and I'm more excited about the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs since Len Dawson was winning championships.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7273543)
I think that over the past few weeks, Cassel is the main reason why the Chiefs are winning games.

Sure, the running game is excellent but he's making players out of guys like Verran Tucker and a washed up Chris Chambers. He's been hitting Bowe and Moeaki with consistency and they're usually at fault when the pass is incomplete. The INT today was in no way Cassel's fault.

It's painfully obvious that Brodie Croyle has no place on this football team. The Chiefs would have probably lost against San Diego last week with Cassel, but that was an entirely different looking football team than the one we saw today.

This team clearly respects Cassel and they play at a higher level when he's under center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7274512)
Whatever.

If the Chiefs receivers were the strength of this football team (instead of a glaring weakness), Cassel's numbers would be MUCH higher.

And that's from only 1 thread.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996582)
No, I'm asking a question. And you're having some kind of epileptic seizure. Calm down.

I'm not even ARGUING for anything, I'm wondering if there was some better option out there I didn't know about. Obviously not so much. Basically Pioli should've gone with Orton this year. That would've been a better move. At least keep him on the freaking roster in case Cassel becomes an epic failure, or gets hurt, both of which have happened.

well, gee..thanks for showing up and 'wondering'

we're all smarter for it...cassel is like brees and sanchez didn't walk into your stadium and **** your women...

any other subjects you know nothing about but want to kick around while you are here just 'wondering?'

Amnorix 10-09-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996577)
You can't sit here and say those quarterbacks wouldn't have turned out differently on a different team.

Sanchez has limited talent around him, and obviously isn't good enough to elevate anybody above what they otherwise are. I think he's probably pretty equal to Cassel, actually. In a perfect environment, when they don't have most of the pressure, they won't suck, but if all else isn't great, then they sink to the level of their teammates.

Quote:

And besides, Kyle Orton is obviously superior to Matt Cassel.
Agreed.

Quote:

Now **** off.
Why should I? Cuz you asked? How 'bout no.

Amnorix 10-09-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8996591)
well, gee..thanks for showing up and 'wondering'

we're all smarter for it...cassel is like brees and sanchez didn't walk into your stadium and **** your women...

any other subjects you know nothing about but want to kick around while you are here just 'wondering?'

Just one. Why are you such an asshole?

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996549)
He correctly assessed, and rejected, Sanchez, which appears to have been the right move.

Again: You cannot say Sanchez would have performed or developed the same on another team.

Certainly a more talented team at this point, for sure.

NY has no receivers or running game.

Amnorix 10-09-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8996586)
I can't wait until Brady's career ends and this "Patriot Way" bullshit is exposed as the biggest scam in NFL history.

All dynasties come to an end sooner or later.

RunKC 10-09-2012 04:59 PM

Drafted Andy Dalton (someone he was VERY interested in), draft Weeden, draft Cousins, DRAFT ANY QB OR TO REPLACE THIS CLOWN.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996592)
I think he's probably pretty equal to Cassel, actually.

Simply by virtue of the fact that he didn't completely shit his pants in multiple playoff wins elevates him above Cassel.

Quite frankly, I think Sanchez would be a mother****ing stud throwing Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston with Jamaal Charles burning up the yards on the ground.

Shit, he might even elevate Jon Baldwin away from superbust status.

GordonGekko 10-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8996589)
Some posts from Dane. Remember, he WATCHED the games and didn't just look at stats

And that's from only 1 thread.

Damn...

If that were me after reading my quotes I'd probably develop some sort of chronic diarrhea.

27 tds. in this day of passing offenses is not that great, in fact it is mediocre. Qb's should be putting up a minimum of 25 td's with the way the rules are right now, any less and they are under performing the position.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996593)
Just one. Why are you such an asshole?

you actually think - having admitted to not watching any games - that there is something about matt cassel you can tell us that we don't already know? haven't discussed 1000000000 different ways?

you think this stupid 'what was pioli supposed to do derp?' nonsense hasn't been asked and answered about 5643456433 times?

what do you think we do here all day, exactly?

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996597)
Again: You cannot say Sanchez would have performed or developed the same on another team.

Certainly a more talented team at this point, for sure.

NY has no receivers or running game.

:shrug: So Pioli has built a better team (outside of the QB position) than the Jets the last few years? Jets have VERY clearly declined the last 2-3 years. Tannenbaum/Ryan could also be in trouble. Of course, they're having really bad luck with injuries as well (Revis and Holmes, obviously).

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8996605)
you actually think - having admitted to not watching any games - that there is something about matt cassel you can tell us that we don't already know? haven't discussed 1000000000 different ways?

you think this stupid 'what was pioli supposed to do derp?' nonsense hasn't been asked and answered about 5643456433 times?

what do you think we do here all day, exactly?

Insult other posters for discussing Chiefs stuff, of course...

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996602)
Simply by virtue of the fact that he didn't completely shit his pants in multiple playoff wins elevates him above Cassel.

Quite frankly, I think Sanchez would be a mother****ing stud throwing Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston with Jamaal Charles burning up the yards on the ground.

Shit, he might even elevate Jon Baldwin away from superbust status.

Then you haven't watched enough of Sanchez.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:02 PM

i can't wait until anything 'pats' within a 1000 miles of arrowhead is hunted, killed, and burned...

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8996600)
Drafted Andy Dalton

Would have been an amazing pick by Pioli, and would have showed incredible foresight.

And he'd have come cheap.