ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270181)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 01:11 AM

You have to go back to 1987 to find "A ha" at the top of the charts. Just sayin...
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-21-2013 01:21 AM

Peter King can suck my dick.

I still remember his article about the Chiefs drafting Andre Ware and winning multiple Super Bowls.

King doesn't know jack ****ing shit.

MagicHef 02-21-2013 07:23 AM

I find it humorous that he didn't manage to make all the way back to 1996, when no QB was taken in the first.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9420294)
It really depends, dude.

If we pass on Geno Smith for a different QB at #1, the board might implode, but only because people will be so ****ing elated that we at least took a ****ing QB in the first round for the first time in 30 years. You might see some people questioning the pick, but overwhelmingly people will be happy with it. I, for one, will be happy if it's Barkley or Wilson.

If we draft Star, then yes, you are correct. There will be rape.

This.

It's not about Geno. It's about maximizing our opportunity with the ONE AND ONLY #1 overall pick we'll likely EVER have.

Gone before we picked? Not this year.

Somebody traded in front of us and took our guy? Not this year.

Too costly to trade up? Not this year.

I don't HAVE to have Geno. But I do HAVE to have a QB. I happen to think that Geno is the best QB in this class and think he would be the best pick at #1. He's not the only choice, though.

But if this team takes Luke Joeckel or Star Lotulelei, I am done. It sounds like a cop out but it isn't. I've put up with this team for far too long. Too many mistakes, too much bullshit. Is it fair not to trust Reid and Dorsey? No. But that's human nature. I've been burned by this team too many times.

OnTheWarpath15 02-21-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9421963)
This.

It's not about Geno. It's about maximizing our opportunity with the ONE AND ONLY #1 overall pick we'll likely EVER have.

Gone before we picked? Not this year.

Somebody traded in front of us and took our guy? Not this year.

Too costly to trade up? Not this year.

I don't HAVE to have Geno. But I do HAVE to have a QB. I happen to think that Geno is the best QB in this class and think he would be the best pick at #1. He's not the only choice, though.

But if this team takes Luke Joeckel or Star Lotulelei, I am done. It sounds like a cop out but it isn't. I've put up with this team for far too long. Too many mistakes, too much bullshit. Is it fair not to trust Reid and Dorsey? No. But that's human nature. I've been burned by this team too many times.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap...3_clap_gif.gif

KC_Lee 02-21-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Peter King: You have to go back to 1997 to find a draft like this one.
And you'd have to go back even further for the last time Peter King ever saw his own dick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 10:17 AM

Another ray of hope: I pointed this out on a different board. Look at how the Bowe deal is being handled. Fair market value, no egoli-bias/doghouse-bullshit. No Peterson "overpay because hes a fan favorite and **** the guy we need to keep around"-bullshit either. From a business perspective, the FO is finally in line with the rest of civilization thus far.
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd 02-21-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9420323)
I just want them to identify who they think is the best quarterback of this class is and draft him with our first draft choice.

To be honest, I wouldn't even care who that is.

If they take Landry Jones with the top pick, I'd accept that a lot faster than I can stomach another linemen.

Well said. No option but selecting a QB with the first pick is acceptable, at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9422314)
Well said. No option but selecting a QB with the first pick is acceptable, at all.

This. Even the SC brokedick if push comes to shove.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 09-02-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9419743)
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.

LMAO

Chief Roundup 09-02-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9421963)

Bye

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-02-2013 08:58 AM

All of our drafts are going to suck. Forever.

-King- 09-02-2013 09:05 AM

LMAO @ The fact that htis left. $100 says he still lurks on here regretting leaving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 09-02-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9933044)
LMAO @ The fact that htis left. $100 says he still lurks on here regretting leaving.
Posted via Mobile Device

He'll be back. They always come back.