ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you get a flu shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268737)

Bump 01-10-2013 08:35 PM

Do you get a flu shot?

Seems like this flu season is pretty bad so far. Especially here in Boston. All I see on the news is how everyone should get a flu shot.

I have never had a flu shot, there's all sorts of chemical shit that I don't want in my body, the thimerosal (mercury), aluminum and other shit. I don't trust it for a second.

I've never had a flu shot and I haven't had the flu since....I can't even remember when.

I know I know, I'm a batshit crazy dumbass for not trusting it, after all the government tells us we should take it!!

Bowser 01-10-2013 08:37 PM

Haven't had one in years. Some winters I get sick as ****, others I don't.

This year I've been to the doctor once for a really sore throat, and the Z-Pac killed it. Currently dealing with a head cold.

QuikSsurfer 01-10-2013 08:38 PM

I work for the state hospital - they came around to our offices to give us flu shots back in October.

Shogun 01-10-2013 08:38 PM

Not for a really long time. Zicam takes care of me.

MeatRock 01-10-2013 08:38 PM

I never get it. Had a friend get the flu shot once and the doctor accidentally gave him triple the dose or some shit and he got sick as ****.

keg in kc 01-10-2013 08:39 PM

**** no.

Bugeater 01-10-2013 08:41 PM

Never get them, rarely get sick.

Bugeater 01-10-2013 08:42 PM

Oh, and a BIG_DADDY rant about vaccines in 3...2...1...

lewdog 01-10-2013 08:43 PM

I pass on it as well even though I work in the healthcare field. Some years I get the flu shot and still get sick. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Haven't had the flu shot in the past 3 years and haven't had the flu.

Johnny Vegas 01-10-2013 08:44 PM

never have gotten the flu shot in the last decade if not longer. Pretty much don't even remember if I ever have gotten one. I assume I did at least once when I was a kid by my mother's prerogative, but I don't recall getting one. I constantly wash my hands and pop c vitamins everyday during the winter months. I hardly, if ever, get sick. I'll be 30 in May. As soon as I start talking about not getting sick, its only then I get sick. Great.

GloryDayz 01-10-2013 08:44 PM

Yes...

Bump 01-10-2013 08:51 PM

I think the weed is a good immune system booster or something. I didn't start smoking weed until about 4 years ago. The only time I've been ill (fever) in the last 4 years was when I moved to boston and went without weed for several months.

Before weed, I used to sick at least once a year with a fever or bronchitis, strep throat, tonsilitus, etc. At least once a year and that was when I never smoked weed.

I've never been sick when I smoke weed daily, not once. A common cold sometimes but it usually clears up within a day or 2 and never had a fever or anything like that.

There's something to it man...

MeatRock 01-10-2013 08:54 PM

LMAO

lewdog 01-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9304267)
I think the weed is a good immune system booster or something. I didn't start smoking weed until about 4 years ago. The only time I've been ill (fever) in the last 4 years was when I moved to boston and went without weed for several months.

Before weed, I used to sick at least once a year with a fever or bronchitis, strep throat, tonsilitus, etc. At least once a year and that was when I never smoked weed.

I've never been sick when I smoke weed daily, not once. A common cold sometimes but it usually clears up within a day or 2 and never had a fever or anything like that.

There's something to it man...

Dude, I am all for weed being legal but it isn't the cure-all for everything man. Jesus.

seaofred 01-10-2013 08:57 PM

Never get it and never will. Horrible chemicals in it and the flu stran in it isn't typically the stran for that year. So basically it's worthless.