ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Baby kidnapped from home in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250979)

Iowanian 10-05-2011 02:30 PM

Baby kidnapped from home in KC

How is this not a topic of discussion on a KC message board?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...63757849_n.jpg

Iowanian 10-05-2011 02:34 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7940JI20111005

KANSAS CITY, Mo | Tue Oct 4, 2011 10:47pm EDT
(Reuters) - Police searched for a 10-month old girl feared abducted from her bedroom in Kansas City on Tuesday but canceled an Amber Alert issued earlier in the day.

Lisa Irwin was discovered missing from her crib in her bedroom at 4 a.m. on Tuesday, triggering the alert and an intense foot search in wooded areas near her home involving 100 local and state law officers and the FBI.

Police said it appeared someone had entered and left through a bedroom window and evidence suggested an abduction.

"We are pulling out all the stops and doing all we can do find Lisa," said Sgt. Stacey Graves, a police spokeswoman. "We have not been able to make any kind of family connection."

In a later statement, Kansas City police said that while the search would continue throughout the night, the Amber Alert was "no longer necessary", adding that such an alert was designed to raise awareness early in an investigation.

Lisa had been living with her parents, who were part of the search for her, Graves said. Other relatives have been interviewed by authorities.

Police have spread the word about Lisa's disappearance through the media and on electronic bill boards above major highways in the area.

Lisa is described as having blue eyes and blond hair and was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it. Police are asking that anyone with information call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

The Franchise 10-05-2011 02:35 PM

That's ****ed. I can't imagine coming into one of my daughter's rooms at 4 am and finding her gone.

crazycoffey 10-05-2011 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Iowanian;7970009]How is this not a topic of discussion on a KC message board?

Beer me doesn't like to post info about his daughter? :shrug:

jspchief 10-05-2011 02:36 PM

knots in my stomach reading that

notorious 10-05-2011 02:38 PM

JFC

crazycoffey 10-05-2011 02:39 PM

seriously though - whats craziest about this story is the lack of motivation and leads. It's so random.

I heard when they canceled the Amber alert last night, one neighbor reported seeing someone walking on the street with a baby in only diapers. (which doesn't add to the last seen wearing discription)

Iowanian 10-05-2011 02:40 PM

I'm just surprised that it's been national news for an entire day+ and hasn't been mentioned here.

I travel and am gone on occasion and roll in during the middle of the night on occasion and usually pop in to check on the kids before I go to bed. I can't fathom the fear, anger, confusion and plethora of other feelings it would cause to realize a child was gone from the safety I promise them at home. It makes me feel physically ill to read stories like this one.

Dayze 10-05-2011 02:42 PM

I don't have kids, but if I did and this happened, I'd want to the be the one who found the suspect, and not the cops.

Iowanian 10-05-2011 02:44 PM

I don't think a parent would be able to sleep until they knew where the child was.....and once found, I can't imagine the rage, even if the child was unharmed.

It will probably having me sit up with every pop, thump and sigh in the night for a while.

bsp4444 10-05-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7970048)
I don't have kids, but if I did and this happened, I'd want to the be the one who found the suspect, and not the cops.

People say this all the time, but chances are you are dealing with someone who will kill you. You really have little chance of "exacting your revenge".

WV 10-05-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 7970132)
People say this all the time, but chances are you are dealing with someone who will kill you. You really have little chance of "exacting your revenge".

Your probably right I would let the police do their job, but I would so be the guy who sneaks a gun in the courtroom to shoot the SOB if it turns out bad.

The Franchise 10-05-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 7970132)

Huh? You can't imagine the rage and adrenaline that would be going through me if I found the guy who murdered, raped or kidnapped one of my daughters.

Skyy God 10-05-2011 03:22 PM

Blonde haired girls gotta be worth six figures on the open market, right? ;)

bsp4444 10-05-2011 03:22 PM

All I'm saying is the chance of you finding a person who would do this...unarmed...in plain sight so you could have your way...is highly unlikely. If you did find him, the odds are probably in his favor to take you out, and anger and rage only make you stupid.