ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Based on the outcome of this game, how real are these Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276437)

Direckshun 09-19-2013 08:34 AM

Based on the outcome of this game, how real are these Chiefs?

Assume the following scenarios:

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles.

In any of these four scenarios, what would your assessment be of how good this Chiefs team is?

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:35 AM

2 or 4..hoping for 2.

Tribal Warfare 09-19-2013 08:36 AM

KC is only as good as how far their QB can take them.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9992891)

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles. Championship! Print’em!

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win. A win is a win.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose. Tough game, but hey, its the Eagles at home.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles. Oh no! We suck again!

In any of these four scenarios, what would your assessment be of how good this Chiefs team is?

Fritz88 09-19-2013 08:43 AM

A team that is poised to compete for the long haul and just came from a horrible 2-14 season should be in 2-3. I don't expect this team to blow the Eagles out of the park. I don't think it's possible.

1 means the Eagles just pooped the bed.

4 means we've got a long way to go.

DMAC 09-19-2013 08:45 AM

I think there will be many #2's this year. And that is just fine.

BigMeatballDave 09-19-2013 08:47 AM

How is blowing the Eagles out not possible? Their D is awful. I don't think it will happen, but it's very possible.

TimBone 09-19-2013 08:50 AM

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles. - Super impressed, but unlikely to happen. If it does then they're real

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win. - Plausible. They'd be on the right track. Have some work to do, but definitely headed in the right direction.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose. - Plausible. They'd be on the right track. Have some work to do, but definitely headed in the right direction.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles. - This is the only one I'd be completely disappointed with. It would definitely portray them as pretenders. We'll see, though.

Headed in to Philly on a super short week against an offense that has put up 30+ in both of the first two weeks is going to be a tough test for this team. I'm looking forward to seeing how they respond. Feels good to be excited again though.

Radar Chief 09-19-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9992931)
How is blowing the Eagles out not possible? Their D is awful. I don't think it will happen, but it's very possible.

Sure it’s possible.
I also think the Chiefs D has enough firepower to really lay the hurt on Vick and when he gets knocked around he panics and throws stupid interceptions.
I’m just not counting on it.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992952)
Sure it’s possible.
I also think the Chiefs D has enough firepower to really lay the hurt on Vick and when he gets knocked around he panics and throws stupid interceptions.
I’m just not counting on it.

Is Vick Playing...I've been hearing he may not.

FlaChief58 09-19-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9992895)
KC is only as good as how far their QB can take them.

Hopefully it's at least as far as he took the 49ers in 2011 :thumb:

TimBone 09-19-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9992931)

I think they're offense is what keeps a blowout from happening. We have a solid defense, but that offense is going to put up points. It's just something that is going to happen.

FlaChief58 09-19-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9992957)
Is Vick Playing...I've been hearing he may not.

Link?

CaliforniaChief 09-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9992891)

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.
Impressive. We are a playoff team and could make life interesting for the Broncos.

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win.
Still impressive. You rack up wins on the road in tough environments, you'll be in the playoff hunt.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose.
A reality check that we're probably a middle-caliber team, but I don't over-react too much due to the short week/unique opponent.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles.
Disappointed. I would expect us to be competitive in most of our games this year, but I'll hope that the extra rest and coming home will help us rebound and get to 3-1.

Just my thoughts.

Imon Yourside 09-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9992964)
Link?

I heard it on 810, looks like it might have been KK trumping up some talk radio BS because the injury report doesn't list him at all. LOLz sorry about that.