ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Yep, Alex Smith is here to stay. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272560)

Bump 04-27-2013 04:28 PM

our best hope is that Alex Smith gets benched and Chase Daniel becomes awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-27-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9638105)
The guy is on a 2-year contract.

You don't give two seconds to a guy a year away from his walk year. If this team ends up around .500 he's getting a Ryan Fitzpatrick level deal.

jd1020 04-27-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9638102)
Or that this group of QBs was just god awful.

I don't like Alex Smith as our QBOTF. But I also understand this is the worst QB class in recent memory. I'll give the regime 2-3 years to show us the solution (and I hope to God it's not Alex Smith).

This QB draft class is so unbelievably bad that teams with established top of the league QBs like the Steelers, Giants, and Chargers decided to take a chance on them.

KCDC 04-27-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9638067)
The guy's gonna be in KC for the next 4-5 years. At least.

Alex will be the starter as long as Reid is here, unless he dies or is so injured he retires.

Reid loves Alex like Peeoli loved Cassel. The fact that Reid has admitted to an admiration of Alex even when he was a bust should be all you need to know, sadly. The fact that they are both Mormons apparently is just icing on the cake.

KC ain't taking another "legitimate" QB until Alex is injured badly, sh*ts the bed, retires, or Reid is fired.

chiefzilla1501 04-27-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9638114)
This QB draft class is so unbelievably bad that teams with established top of the league QBs like the Steelers, Giants, and Chargers decided to take a chance on them.

Give me a break. They didn't take a chance on a QB. The 4th round is a terrific place to take a backup and they got a GREAT QB value at that point in the draft. If we're talking about guys we want to start tomorrow and be our 10-year franchise QB, yeah I wanted a QB, but I'm not going to get butthurt because we didn't take a 3rd day QB.

Am I concerned? Of course I am. I don't like Alex Smith. But I'm also not going to overrate the value of a 3rd day QB.

mcaj22 04-27-2013 04:34 PM

in 4-5 years the next rebuild will actually be a rebuild because every foundation piece on this team will be passed their prime

so we might get a full overhaul next time instead of this patchwork rebuild we are getting with drafting role players and signing FA veterans. But it's a long wait until then.

track 04-27-2013 04:35 PM

compared to a year ago at this time...the chiefs are on a major roll....sadly, some people are too stupid to see the amount of progress since then.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9638067)
The guy's gonna be in KC for the next 4-5 years. At least.

That was said about Cassel too. Well guess what? You follow the predecessors formula, and guess what's coming your way; the predecessors results. With one very notable exception; Alice isn't NEARLY as indestructible as Cassel. Not by a ****ing longshot. You'll soon be joining me in a few soulful lines of "Smooth the Hell Out". I guaran****ingtee it.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 04-27-2013 04:36 PM

God, if this team doesn't come around we will have completely pissed away some pretty good players.

Sigh.

chiefzilla1501 04-27-2013 04:36 PM

I'll believe Alex Smith is their long-term answer when I see it.

What I believe is that Andy Reid is going to open up the offense, he's going to throw a ton, and he's going to want to go vertical. Alex Smith isn't going to be asked to be a game manager. He'll either sink or swim. I think he'll sink and that we have enough quality QB coaches who will understand what we have. I also think almost every QB in this class (possibly all of them) will never amount to anything but an Alex Smith level starter at best. It was just a terrible year to be in the QB market.

jd1020 04-27-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by track (Post 9638141)
compared to a year ago at this time...the chiefs are on a major roll....sadly, some people are too stupid to see the amount of progress since then.

Compared to a year ago...

Back when the Chiefs were expected to win the AFC West and people were actually giving Pioli some love for what he did in FA and the draft.

In hindsight...

Simplicity 04-27-2013 04:39 PM

Still don'g get the Alex Smith hating. The dude hasn't even played a down for the Chiefs. Guys think they know whats coming. ****ing ignorant.

jd1020 04-27-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9638156)
Still don'g get the Alex Smith hating. The dude hasn't even played a down for the Chiefs. Guys think they know whats coming. ****ing ignorant.

Ya... He's a complete unknown.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9638138)
in 4-5 years the next rebuild will actually be a rebuild because every foundation piece on this team will be passed their prime

so we might get a full overhaul next time instead of this patchwork rebuild we are getting with drafting role players and signing FA veterans. But it's a long wait until then.

This. Shame we wasted Herm's best picks on this ****ing garbage. I was really looking forward to Bowe finally breaking out with a legit QB. Oh well, at least the man soldiered and got paid. I was never excited about Reid and the draft has only reinforced the stone-cold truth that time and the game have passed him by.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 04-27-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9638156)

I get it. He's an average QB, period. He's a good stopgap, nothing more.

I am concerned. Where I don't get is the overreaction when we're passing up QBs, even in the 6th or 7th rounds.