ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817523)
Yeah and if Manning goes down the Colts are screwed.

If Brady goes down the Pats are screwed.

If Brees goes down the Saints are screwed.

If Rodgers goes down the Packers... okay, well, they would be fine actually.

But you get my point. It's the backup QB's job to maintain a high level of play when the starter goes down, but he definitely shares that responsibility with THE REST OF THE TEAM.

It's not ideal, and it's not a good situation, but it doesn't ****ing have to be. Just give Stanzi a chance and let him sink or swim.

The Packers would be fine without Rodgers? Huh?

ChiefsCountry 08-11-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 7817545)
"durn good bet?" You sound f**king retarted.

First he is a Raiders fan and then if you saw his political takes then it confrims it.

salame 08-11-2011 01:44 PM

After seeing Stanzi, Palko and Cassel in person and up close I can tell you two of them do NOT look big enough to play in the nfl yet. Stanzi looks a LOT like Matt Cassel on the practice field other than he has got to be at least 20 lbs lighter. Palko is smaller than Stanzi.

keg in kc 08-11-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7817579)
After seeing Stanzi, Palko and Cassel in person and up close I can tell you two of them do NOT look big enough to play in the nfl yet. Stanzi looks a LOT like Matt Cassel on the practice field other than he has got to be at least 20 lbs lighter. Palko is smaller than Stanzi.

I was calling Stanzi "Ricky Cassel" leading up to the draft, and it wasn't because he looks like Mal Reynolds.

SuperChief 08-11-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7817579)

http://glutenfreedomatlanta.com/wp-c...-5-256x300.jpg

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 7817545)
"durn good bet?" You sound f**king retarted.

LMAO No, he thinks he's speaking our language. Left-coasters think Chiefs fans are a bunch of rednecks and hilljacks.

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-11-2011 01:47 PM

We went all season without a quality backup QB.

I don't think there is/was a QB out there, willing to back up Cassel, that wouldn't be a liability if something happened to Cassel.

salame 08-11-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7817582)

Stanzi looks skinny
he doesn't look thick enough to take hits
I guess you would have to see him for it to make sense

gonefishin53 08-11-2011 01:50 PM

There's no reason KC's LTOTF can't spend his first season with the Chiefs playing RT to prove his fitness and demeanor. A shortened off-season and training camp will make it tough enough just to improve on Richardson's performance. It'll be like winning the lottery if Gaither proves he's the teams best OT and deserves a shot at LT next season.

J Diddy 08-11-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7817450)
According to the accounts I read from Ravens coverage in the past, Gaither's problem didn't have anything to do with being ineffective at LT. It was all about attitude, injuries, and the presence of Michael Oher.

I don't really think Albert should be moved to RT either, but if Gaither's attitude and injury issues are cleared up, I wouldn't have a problem with Albert at LG with Lilja becoming a backup.

Lilja at backup?

I don't think that'd be the best move.

patteeu 08-11-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7817541)
What's to comprehend?? people are bringing up moving alberts to RT and Gaither to LT, just like claythan said.

And you mentioned knocking Lilja out of the lineup to move alberts in, which i said. (you say backup i said cut, not the point though)

Yes, that's one of the points.

1. You said cut Lilja, I didn't say anything about cutting him.

2. You and gochiefs are talking about people calling for an Albert move. I'm fine with Albert at LT as long as he performs well enough to keep the job, so I'm not calling for him to be moved. I'm also fine with the idea of Gaither beating him out, but if that happens I'd rather see Albert at LG than at RT. And if Albert moves to LG, one of the guards has to give up the spot and IMO that guy is Lilja, but he'd still be valuable to have around.

patteeu 08-11-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7817606)
Lilja at backup?

I don't think that'd be the best move.

OK. In the scenario where Branden Albert moves to G, which of the three do you make a backup, Albert, Asamoah, or Lilja? I'm just operating under the assumption that Albert and Asamoah would be the best players, but if Lilja is better than one of the others, he should start.

Thig Lyfe 08-11-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7816943)

I'll bet it's really easy for this guy to create a Mii that looks like him.

SuperChief 08-11-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7817644)
I'll bet it's really easy for this guy to create a Mii that looks like him.

That is SO ****ing funny. I peed and pooped.

the Talking Can 08-11-2011 02:45 PM

some Ravens guy on 610 talking about Gaither....edit Aaron Wilson

said he's had a "posse" in Baltimore and was kind of a knuckle head, said he (Gaither) claims he is healthy..Wilson believes he's a better LT than Oher

not sure why it didn't work with Raiders other than Raiders thought they had enough players, Wilson didn't believe it was about his back...

dunno....if this guy is healthy, seems like a great move....but hard to understand how someone that talented would be available for peanuts if it weren't a health issue,,,