ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Lotulelei's heart condition was 100% a false positive. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271958)

Direckshun 04-10-2013 11:04 AM

Lotulelei's heart condition was 100% a false positive.

Just saying.

Quote:

Lotulelei is a hot prospect and is traveling all over the country conducting team visits. He was pulled out of the Combine because a possible heart condition, but it turned out to be a bogus false positive test. The same thing happened to Frank Alexander last year.
So you can return him to exactly where he was on your draft board before the Combine.

It is officially a non-story. It doesn't exist.

Dunerdr 04-10-2013 11:13 AM

No.1! To the ship!

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2013 11:17 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Yd0CgZRaMw4XdA

AndChiefs 04-10-2013 11:30 AM

That's good for him. I still don't want him. But I'm glad he's healthy.

RealSNR 04-10-2013 03:17 PM

Not enough #1 overall picks from Utah on this team

Bewbies 04-10-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9575305)

LMAO

Direckshun 04-10-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9575305)

Oh snap. ROFL

aturnis 04-10-2013 09:09 PM

I'd take him mid first next year. Just saying, he's pretty Meh.

mszymko 04-11-2013 12:43 AM

man that false positive is going to cost him some serious $$$... there will definitely be teams that pass on him bc he comes with a stigma of having heart issues

CleveSteve 04-11-2013 12:02 PM

Just finished a 7-Round IMD over on a Jets' Board. I represented the Chiefs and the Raiders. Here's what I came away with...

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

RD1) Star Lotulelei, 5T Utah
RD3) Robert Woods, WR USC
RD3c) Montori Hughes, NT Tenn-Martin
RD4) Jordan Mills, OT Louisiana Tech
RD5) Brandon Sharpe, OLB Syracuse
RD6) Rontez Miles, FS California (PA)
RD6c) Lamar Mady, OG Youngstown St.
RD7) Taylor Reed, LB SMU

Code:

QB        Alex Smith        Chase Daniel        Ricky Stanzi               
RB        Jamaal Charles        Cyrus Gray        Shaun Draughn               
RB3        Dexter McCluster                               
WR        Dwayne Bowe        Jonathan Baldwin        Terrance Copper        Devon Wylie        Junior Hemingway
WR        Robert Woods        Donnie Avery        Mardy Gilyard        Jamar Newsome        Josh Bellamy
TE        Anthony Fasano        Tony Moeaki                       
LT        Brandon Albert        Jeff Allen                       
OG        Geoff Schwartz                               
C        Rodney Hudson        Brian Mattison        Thomas Gafford               
OG        Lamar Mady        John Asamoah        Ryan Durand               
RT        Jordan Mills        Donald Stephenson        Steven Baker               
FB        Nate Eachus                               

5T        Mike DeVito        Allen Bailey                       
NT        Montori Hughes        Dontari Poe        Jerrell Powe        Anthony Toribio       
5T        Star Lotulelei        Tyson Jackson        Daniel Muir               
OLB        Justin Houston                               
ILB        Taylor Reed        Cory Greenwood        Edgar Jones               
ILB        Derrick Johnson        Ryan D'Imperio        Chad Kilgore               
OLB        Tamba Hali        Brandon Sharpe                       
CB        Brandon Flowers        Dunta Robinson        Jalil Brown        De'Quan Menzie       
CB        Sean Smith        Javier Arenas        Neiko Thorpe               
FS        Kendrick Lewis        Rontez Miles        Tysyn Hartman               
SS        Eric Berry        Hussain Abdullah        Jose Gumbs               

K        Ryan Succop                               
P        Dustin Colquitt

• This is a really strong OL and DL. Lamar Mady is basically the same guy as Chance Warmack with a little more agility. He just might not be as mean.
  • Adding Robert Woods to Bowe and pushing Avery to 3rd WR makes for a solid corps that was previously poor IMO.
  • Reed is a multi-skill ILB with four years experience in a 3-4. He can rush the passer well and has gotten better in coverage. He's not as big as you often see in that spot (240#) but I think with Hughes and Star in front of him they have that luxury and would get better production from the spot with a talented player like this over a thumper like Nico Johnson.
  • I like Rontez Miles a lot and he'd push Lewis to start as a rookie I think. I have him as a backup initially since he'll be seeing a bigger jump in competition than most rookies and should be allowed to get his feet wet first.
  • Still a couple OLB prospects I like (Ja'Gared Davis, Armonty Bryant) available in our draft... I'd like to have one more for rotation, but Brandon Sharpe is one of my favorites in the whole draft.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 9578037)
Just finished a 7-Round IMD over on a Jets' Board. I represented the Chiefs and the Raiders. Here's what I came away with...

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

RD1) Star Lotulelei, 5T Utah
RD3) Robert Woods, WR USC
RD3c) Montori Hughes, NT Tenn-Martin
RD4) Jordan Mills, OT Louisiana Tech
RD5) Brandon Sharpe, OLB Syracuse
RD6) Rontez Miles, FS California (PA)
RD6c) Lamar Mady, OG Youngstown St.
RD7) Taylor Reed, LB SMU

• This is a really strong OL and DL. Lamar Mady is basically the same guy as Chance Warmack with a little more agility. He just might not be as mean.
  • Adding Robert Woods to Bowe and pushing Avery to 3rd WR makes for a solid corps that was previously poor IMO.
  • Reed is a multi-skill ILB with four years experience in a 3-4. He can rush the passer well and has gotten better in coverage. He's not as big as you often see in that spot (240#) but I think with Hughes and Star in front of him they have that luxury and would get better production from the spot with a talented player like this over a thumper like Nico Johnson.
  • I like Rontez Miles a lot and he'd push Lewis to start as a rookie I think. I have him as a backup initially since he'll be seeing a bigger jump in competition than most rookies and should be allowed to get his feet wet first.
  • Still a couple OLB prospects I like (Ja'Gared Davis, Armonty Bryant) available in our draft... I'd like to have one more for rotation, but Brandon Sharpe is one of my favorites in the whole draft.

Terrible. I really hope the team doesn't leave it up to a 7th rounder to claim that starting ILB spot. I don't care how much of a sleeper he is. It's bad ****ing planning.

Direckshun 04-11-2013 04:13 PM

Isn't D'Imperio a fullback, not a linebacker?

Edit: yes, yes he is. Might want to update thy depth chart.

Halfcan 04-11-2013 04:14 PM

We can draft Star #1 and put him next to our Other #1 picks-LOL

Star Poe Action jackson

CleveSteve 04-11-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578573)
Terrible. I really hope the team doesn't leave it up to a 7th rounder to claim that starting ILB spot. I don't care how much of a sleeper he is. It's bad ****ing planning.

So I should have drafted him sooner you think?

Just kidding. I know what you mean. It's a big need and you want a quality player. I do think Reed is one of the top 3-4 ILB prospects in the draft. He was extremely productive in SMU's 3-4, starting the last 3 years. I think, even as a seventh rounder he'd be ready to be an effective starter before a more highly-touted 4-3 college backer. I could see an argument for Nico Johnson, but he's limited in what he can do for you. He's certainly not going to be as good in coverage. Reed is also an effective blitzer. I understand if you haven't gotten to watch him play, but he's good.

Thanks for the feedback.

CleveSteve 04-11-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9578612)
Isn't D'Imperio a fullback, not a linebacker?

Edit: yes, yes he is. Might want to update thy depth chart.

Thanks. Spotrac is good for contracts and current rosters, not so good for position reliability.