ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Sears: Where America Goes for Nip Slips! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263639)

gblowfish 09-14-2012 09:56 AM

Sears: Where America Goes for Nip Slips!

Sears ad for lingerie reveals a bit too much. Where was this when I was a kid and the Sears Catalog came around????

http://tinyurl.com/9cc9du4

Sears Nip Slip Offers Customers More Than They Bargained For

An unintentionally explicit photo on Sears' website made for some happy posters on Reddit Tuesday. The department store's nip slip was revealed to any potential buyers of the Morris Babydoll Mesh & Lace, originally on sale for the low price of $25.25, according to Gawker.

Sears has since removed the product, offered through its website's Marketplace section, which according to the store is "a community of sellers working with Sears providing you with millions of additional items. We partner with thousands of sellers to offer you more of the unique products you want."

Marketplace images are not generated by Sears, but are instead "borrowed" by the third-party seller -- in this case a company called Fright Depot.
Fright Depot sells all manner of delightful clothing items and accessories, from Halloween costumes to wigs, to "sexy clothing" broken down helpfully into such categories as "Cave Girl," "Pirate," "Nun" and "Ethnic."

The chain's model snafu is not an isolated incident though, according to Forbes. In February, the site offered an item called the "Elegant Moments" cami that featured a very risque top, which left little anatomy to the imagination. The mistake was again caught by a discerning Redditor, and within hours the item in question had disappeared.

A spokesperson told Forbes that the Marketplace sellers are forbidden from displaying "nudity and see-through clothing" on the site. “We perform ad-hoc content audits to remove inappropriate items," Tom Aiello said, "And also take customer feedback and react very quickly."

Perhaps. But the "ad-hoc audits" do not actually seem to be catching all inappropriate items. In lieu of the removed Morris Baby doll Mesh & Lace, the site helpfully offers up a selection of "related items," several of which are garments from purveyor Fright Night, and at least one of which is also not exactly safe for work.

NSFW nippie slippie is here:
http://www.frightdepot.com/assets/images/ES30551.jpg

durtyrute 09-14-2012 10:01 AM

A see-thru lingerie top does not belong in the nip slip category. It's ****ing see thru. It was not unintentional, they wanted to make headlines.

With all that being said, I think I want to go buy something from Sears.

BourbonMan 09-14-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8909355)
A see-thru lingerie top does not belong in the nip slip category. It's ****ing see thru. It was not unintentional, they wanted to make headlines.

With all that being said, I think I want to go buy something from Sears.

Just don't use their delivery system.

pr_capone 09-14-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 8909370)

and if you do, and they inconvenience you in the slightest, make sure you call and harass a bunch of people to get your money back.

protip: if you then go to the store and harass them in person, they will give you even more money back... even more than you paid for the service to begin with!

PROFIT!

Bump 09-14-2012 10:51 AM

aren't craftsman tools made in Taiwan now?

Saulbadguy 09-14-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 8909370)

:LOL:

Rain Man 09-14-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8909461)
aren't craftsman tools made in Taiwan now?

Yeah, but those nipples look like they were made in America.

vailpass 09-14-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8909452)
and if you do, and they inconvenience you in the slightest, make sure you call and harass a bunch of people to get your money back.

protip: if you then go to the store and harass them in person, they will give you even more money back... even more than you paid for the service to begin with!

PROFIT!

LMAO Spot on.

RINGLEADER 09-14-2012 11:12 AM

I remember when I was a kid the Sears catalog featured a dude look all happy and impressed in his underwear with his junk hanging out. I recall my mom finding it quite humorous.

loochy 09-14-2012 11:27 AM

too fat / Omaha

BourbonMan 09-14-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8909452)

PROFIT!

Man...Talk about a Stalker...I think you want to do naughty things to me, by the way you're stalking me.:)

durtyrute 09-14-2012 11:36 AM

I just came back for the tits

pr_capone 09-14-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 8909582)
Man...Talk about a Stalker...I think you want to do naughty things to me, by the way you're stalking me.:)

I do want to do naughty things to/with you... but that is beside the point.

Posting on two threads that you posted on does not equal stalker. It is a good thing you haven't donated to the board, otherwise AustinChief might have gotten a call asking for a refund.

siberian khatru 09-14-2012 11:42 AM

Poor man's Playboy

loochy 09-14-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8909617)
Little Kids' Playboy

FYP