ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   **** Official Rank the QB's of This Year's Draft Class**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274721)

Sorter 07-22-2013 06:53 PM

**** Official Rank the QB's of This Year's Draft Class****

I thought it'd be interesting to track how our opinions change over the course of the year on these players, considering how quickly we were able to sour on Barkley and Tyler Wilson.

*Updated*

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Marcus Mariota
3. Zach Mettenberger
4. Johnny Manziel
5. Derek Carr
6. Tahj Boyd
7. Aaron Murray
8. AJ McCarron
9. Jimmy Garappolo
10. Brett Hundley

Disclaimer: I haven't watched very many of these players, so my ranking is flawed and more designed to get some names thrown out there for now.

O.city 07-22-2013 07:25 PM

Bridgewater
Boyd
Mettenberger

I like Boyd alot though.

Nightfyre 07-22-2013 08:21 PM

Allow me to rank them: puke

Sorter 07-22-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9828217)
Allow me to rank them: puke

That's about how I feel at this stage.

Nightfyre 07-22-2013 08:27 PM

I haven't seen Stephen Morris. Based on those I've seen:
1. Bridgewater
2. McCarron
3. Murray
GIANT GAP
4. Logan Thomas

Fales and Boyd don't have NFL caliber arms and I am not familiar enough with the rest.

O.city 07-22-2013 08:27 PM

Bridgewater will end up going first overall next year, above Clowney. My bold prediction of the year.

CoMoChief 07-23-2013 12:17 AM

Aaron Murray

and then everyone else.

I can just see it, you can look at him and tell with the throws he makes......he looks like a real QB.

His pocket awareness and release are identical to Drew Brees. He steps into his throws, he throws an accurate catchable ball and has more than good enough arm strength and stands in the pocket and is not a pussy like Matt ****ing Cassel.

ChiefAshhole20 07-23-2013 12:21 AM

1. Morris
2. Bridgewater
3. McCarron
4. Renner
5. Tahj Boyd
6. Murray
7. David Fales
8. Zach Mettenberger
9. Jeff Mathews
10. Logan Thomas

Rasputin 07-23-2013 08:17 AM

Maybe after our next retread quarterback that follows Alex Smith fails we end up drafting the quarterback of generation in the 2020's?

I think 2021 is the year we need to get our guy from the draft surely that draft class will produce good enough ones like Andrew Luck & RGIII or Wilson?

saphojunkie 07-23-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9828599)
Aaron Murray

and then everyone else.

I can just see it, you can look at him and tell with the throws he makes......he looks like a real QB.

His pocket awareness and release are identical to Drew Brees. He steps into his throws, he throws an accurate catchable ball and has more than good enough arm strength and stands in the pocket and is not a pussy like Matt ****ing Cassel.

+1

He absolutely passes the eye test. Just looks like a guy that will be more successful at the next level.

duncan_idaho 07-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9828831)
+1

He absolutely passes the eye test. Just looks like a guy that will be more successful at the next level.

Except for the whole "three inches shorter than preferred" thing....

Pasta Little Brioni 07-23-2013 10:00 AM

Looks like a bunch of shit at this point

RealSNR 07-23-2013 01:09 PM

It's not unusual for a QB class to get turned upside down on its ****ing head compared to preseason projections. Last year we were looking at some potentially intriguing talents in Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Landry Jones (everybody had him highly ranked at this point last year), and Aaron Murray. EJ Manuel and Geno Smith were considered middle-round development guys not even in the same league as the top guys mentioned.

I see this year shaping out much the same way. The focus in general is on the names people have been talking about for one or two years like McCarron, Murray, Bridgewater, and Boyd. I think Bridgewater will be the top QB taken, and McCarron may wind up going in the first round. Other than that, it's just so rare to look at a QB in the preseason and say, "He could be a top guy in the class if he has a phenomenal year." No ****ing shit, Sherlock. If any QB has a phenomenal year, he is going to get looks from teams. The fact that the particular QB you're talking about hasn't shown you anything yet and you're waiting to see it in his senior season just might tell you that the QB isn't capable of doing it.

There are just too many of those kinds of guys in this year's class. Murray is maxed out and short. Boyd has yet to be consistently good over the entire course of a college season. Bridgewater will impress due to his size, and as long as McCarron doesn't ****ing suck, I think he'll be looked at by a desperate enough team (like the Chiefs for instance) as a possible option. QBs like Morris, Fales, and Mettenberger will be the ones who sneak into the top QB picture midway through the season and "surprise" people.

CoMoChief 07-23-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9828834)
Except for the whole "three inches shorter than preferred" thing....

Eh....that can be ignored w/ play action and 5-7 step drops.

He's every bit as big as Brees. Most sites have him listed 6'1/210lbs. Not a big frame obviously as what you'd like in a QB, but he's certainly bigger than our own backup QB that we overpaid for.

Certainly doesn't matter if you can play the position like I think he can.

CoMoChief 07-23-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9829460)
It's not unusual for a QB class to get turned upside down on its ****ing head compared to preseason projections. Last year we were looking at some potentially intriguing talents in Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Landry Jones (everybody had him highly ranked at this point last year), and Aaron Murray. EJ Manuel and Geno Smith were considered middle-round development guys not even in the same league as the top guys mentioned.

I see this year shaping out much the same way. The focus in general is on the names people have been talking about for one or two years like McCarron, Murray, Bridgewater, and Boyd. I think Bridgewater will be the top QB taken, and McCarron may wind up going in the first round. Other than that, it's just so rare to look at a QB in the preseason and say, "He could be a top guy in the class if he has a phenomenal year." No ****ing shit, Sherlock. If any QB has a phenomenal year, he is going to get looks from teams. The fact that the particular QB you're talking about hasn't shown you anything yet and you're waiting to see it in his senior season just might tell you that the QB isn't capable of doing it.

There are just too many of those kinds of guys in this year's class. Murray is maxed out and short. Boyd has yet to be consistently good over the entire course of a college season. Bridgewater will impress due to his size, and as long as McCarron doesn't ****ing suck, I think he'll be looked at by a desperate enough team (like the Chiefs for instance) as a possible option. QBs like Morris, Fales, and Mettenberger will be the ones who sneak into the top QB picture midway through the season and "surprise" people.

Murray is maxed out? wtf does that even mean?

As far as height he's an inch taller than Drew Brees and 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson. Sure, you don't want some midget behind center, and the prototypical body for an NFL would be someone like Tyler Bray. But people look at height as a barrier of whether a QB will be successful in the NFL or not. Murray played in the SEC, and they're trench players are every bit as big as the ones you see in the NFL.

O.city 07-23-2013 06:03 PM

Bridgewater is the cream of this crop and will end up being a top 2 pick.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-23-2013 07:00 PM

Doesn't matter. The top ranked QB of this class is already on our roster.

**** yeah!

Tribal Warfare 07-24-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9830239)
Doesn't matter. The top ranked QB of this class is already on our roster.

**** yeah!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...the-battle.jpg

Saccopoo 07-24-2013 08:42 AM

I don't get the Bridgewater hype.

He's still an underclassman (junior) going into the 2013 season and only has one decent season against mediocre competition. And he's not the "dual threat" guy that people seem to think he is.

Compare him against my two guys, Chuckie Keeton & Marcus Mariota, who are also going to be a junior and a red shirt sophomore respectively going into the 2013 season:

Bridgewater:
Keeton:
Mariota:
Win/Loss: 11-2
11-2
12-1
Comp/Att: 287/419
275/409
230/336
Yards: 3718
Comp %: 68.5%
67.6%
68.5%
YPA: 8.87
TD/Int: 27/8
27/9
32/6
Sacks: 28
Rating: 160.5
Rushing Att/Yds/TDs: 74/26/1
129/619/8
106/752/5

Bridgewater is listed at 6'3", 198 lbs.
Keeton is 6'2", 200 lbs.
Mariota is 6'4", 211 lbs.

Bridgewater is a good player, but I don't see where the hype is justified for him to be considered the potential overall #1 pick in the draft when there are QB's available that are as good or better. Also considering that you've got guys like South Carolina LB Jadeveon Clowney, Michigan OT Taylor Lewan, Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews, Notre Dame's Stephen Tuitt, USC's Marquis Lee, BYU's Kyle Van Noy (much better player than 2013 top five pick Ziggy Ansah) - all of whom are better than their respective counterparts who went high in the draft in 2013.

And considering that most mocks have either Jacksonville or Oakland picking first in the 2014 draft, I don't see how it's possible for either team to pass on Clowney. Both teams were the lowest teams in the NFL in 2012 for total sacks, and they are going to pass on Clowney for QB's that weren't as good as either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley at the same stage? That's some crazy shit right there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/br9-OACeru4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QWZAWC90K5E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_OOba5A5V-A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Talking Can 07-24-2013 08:49 AM

if aaron murray is the 2nd best QB, we are well and truly ****ed...

Saccopoo 07-24-2013 09:05 AM

And I'm going to throw out some dark horse guys that have the potential to really skyrocket up based on size and arm:

Adam Kennedy, Arkansas State: 6'5", 225 lbs.
- Former Utah State QB that was the incumbent but because of a shoulder injury, was forced to the sidelines and never regained the starting position back due to the explosiveness and dual threat potential of Chuckie Keeton. (Sounds eerily familiar to the Smith/Kaepernick thing this past year.) Decided to transfer to Arkansas State as a red shirt senior to showcase his skills for an additional season in an effort to elevate his draft status. A gamer and a winner with excellent accuracy. A very good athlete as well who isn't afraid to use his legs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yfpsyajaWvM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Casey Pachall, QB; TCU: 6'5", 230 lbs.
- Has a lot of tools you could possible want in a potential NFL quarterback: size, arm, accuracy, etc. Was leading the nation in QB rating in 2012 but was arrested for a DUI which followed a failed drug test and admittance of using cocaine and ecstasy to police in 2011.

Entered substance abuse rehab in 2012 and has been reinstated by the Horned Frogs in2013.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/foAWp0lTPog?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bewbies 07-24-2013 07:00 PM

As a UGA fan let me tell you Murray (to this point) isn't an NFL QB. Way, way, way to streaky. In a bad way.

duncan_idaho 07-25-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9831059)
I don't get the Bridgewater hype.

He's still an underclassman (junior) going into the 2013 season and only has one decent season against mediocre competition. And he's not the "dual threat" guy that people seem to think he is.

Compare him against my two guys, Chuckie Keeton & Marcus Mariota, who are also going to be a junior and a red shirt sophomore respectively going into the 2013 season:

Bridgewater:
Keeton:
Mariota:
Win/Loss: 11-2
11-2
12-1
Comp/Att: 287/419
275/409
230/336
Yards: 3718
Comp %: 68.5%
67.6%
68.5%
YPA: 8.87
TD/Int: 27/8
27/9
32/6
Sacks: 28
Rating: 160.5
Rushing Att/Yds/TDs: 74/26/1
129/619/8
106/752/5

Bridgewater is listed at 6'3", 198 lbs.
Keeton is 6'2", 200 lbs.
Mariota is 6'4", 211 lbs.

Bridgewater is a good player, but I don't see where the hype is justified for him to be considered the potential overall #1 pick in the draft when there are QB's available that are as good or better. Also considering that you've got guys like South Carolina LB Jadeveon Clowney, Michigan OT Taylor Lewan, Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews, Notre Dame's Stephen Tuitt, USC's Marquis Lee, BYU's Kyle Van Noy (much better player than 2013 top five pick Ziggy Ansah) - all of whom are better than their respective counterparts who went high in the draft in 2013.

And considering that most mocks have either Jacksonville or Oakland picking first in the 2014 draft, I don't see how it's possible for either team to pass on Clowney. Both teams were the lowest teams in the NFL in 2012 for total sacks, and they are going to pass on Clowney for QB's that weren't as good as either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley at the same stage? That's some crazy shit right there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/br9-OACeru4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QWZAWC90K5E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_OOba5A5V-A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get the Bridgewater love, either, to be honest.

I think he benefits from getting to cake-walk through the Big East this season, and his performance against Florida - while solid - just doesn't resonate that much with me. It was good, not great. And maybe part of the reason that does little for me is that I saw that defense in person, when Missouri played them, and consistently saw Missouri WRs running open all over the place (while James Franklin passes zoomed into the hands of Florida defenders).

He also has a big-time rep as a "leader" and "huddle guy" and you know how much the talking heads and NFL folks like to talk up that shit.

I think Geno Smith is/was a superior prospect entering his last of college football. But that clearly is not going to be the mindset of the majority on this one, which we all know rules.

KCUnited 07-25-2013 07:55 AM

I think people just like saying Teddy Bridgewater. It's memorable and sticks out for referencing early projections. If the guy's name was Frank Hamilton, the novice would be like "who?"

SAGA45 07-25-2013 01:03 PM

Morris is the best pure passer. Murray...like him...but for some reason he can't win the big games....4-10 against ranked teams in his career? Watch out for Derek Carr of Fresno State. He could be a late riser. McCarron doesn't have an elite arm but still has impressive arm talent and elite intangibles. He just wins.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-26-2013 05:35 PM

My only hope for this year's QB class is that McCarron's mom ends up in an episode of "Milfs Like it Big".

Hammock Parties 07-26-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9831069)
if aaron murray is the 2nd best QB, we are well and truly ****ed...

We're not drafting a QB until, at the earliest 2016.

Might as well get used to it.

bigjosh 07-27-2013 12:13 AM

just looked at walterfootball mock for next year and it has 5 qbs going in the first, but the chiefs take a DE to "replace tyson jackson" at 13th overall. JFC why cant we have nice things?

Dave Lane 07-27-2013 07:48 AM

I love love love Marcus Mariota's game. Smart, looks off DBs, pump fakes, has great speed, excellent touch and great accuracy. This kid is gonna be a star if his head stays on straight.

Sorter 07-27-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9837644)
I love love love Marcus Mariota's game. Smart, looks off DBs, pump fakes, has great speed, excellent touch and great accuracy. This kid is gonna be a star if his head stays on straight.

I didn't include Marcus because of his age, although he is eligible to leave after this season iirc.

Chiefnj2 07-28-2013 09:31 AM

The yearly "Lets get our hopes really high for a bunch of QB's that the team will never draft" has begun early. You guys are gluttons for punishment. You might as well limit your evaluations to incoming freshman only, because they are the only draft class that might have a shot of being taken in KC 3-4 years down the road. Until then, keep dreaming.

Sorter 07-28-2013 10:55 AM

I'm a sadist.

Ace Gunner 07-29-2013 02:54 PM

great thread fellas. so who do you think is going to be there for us at #32? thx :D

Dave Lane 07-30-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9843218)
great thread fellas. so who do you think is going to be there for us at #32? thx :D

Actually the second round starts at #33 so lots of choices available there.

Ace Gunner 07-30-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9844456)
Actually the second round starts at #33 so lots of choices dave available there.

I imagine the Raiders will want a QB with that pick. but why post this on a chiefs board Dave Lane :D

Sorter 07-31-2013 05:33 PM

Rewatching a bunch of Oregon the past 2 weeks. I looked Mariota physically, but he's given some very easy progressions, especially due to the alignments Oregon utilized.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-31-2013 07:38 PM

Where would Bray rank in this class if he would have stayed in...?

Saccopoo 07-31-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9849086)
Where would Bray rank in this class if he would have stayed in...?

UDFA.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-31-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9849376)
UDFA.

EEEHHHHH.

False.

Frosty 08-01-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9848674)
Rewatching a bunch of Oregon the past 2 weeks. I looked Mariota physically, but he's given some very easy progressions, especially due to the alignments Oregon utilized.

He was usually throwing to guys that were so wide open that I could probably make the throw. The times that I watched the Quacks, I didn't really see him make a lot of NFL throws. I'm not saying he can't but he just didn't have to very often.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-01-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9828242)
Bridgewater will end up going first overall next year, above Clowney. My bold prediction of the year.

The Raiders already drafted their QBOTF, they will be drafting Clowney with the 1st pick in the draft.

O.city 08-01-2013 07:02 PM

I hope they view Wilson as the QBOTF there. The guy who can't beat out Matt Flynn, sure, lets play him 2 per year.

duncan_idaho 08-29-2013 06:40 PM

Watching Bryn Renner tonight against South Carolina. Not impressed by his arm strength or accuracy so far.

Looks kind of like a less ugly Mike Glennon to me.

DJ's left nut 08-30-2013 09:05 AM

I put enough energy into QB homework last season that I just can't bring myself to care this season.

My cursory view is that this class looks every bit as bad as last year's, but with a guy like Murray perhaps being a safer bet to be a steady QB than anyone in the 2012 class was. Bridgewater looks to have ability, but if Wilson and Geno have taught us anything it's that you have to watch for particular skills rather than performance and at this point I just haven't seen Bridgewater enough to offer a thought on him.

I'll be watching Mettenberger, I think. Logan Thomas is probably my favorite raw prospect in term of talent, but we'll see if the refinement catches up to it.

Saccopoo 08-30-2013 09:42 AM

Anybody watch Utah State vs. Utah last night?

Chuckie Keeton.

31/40
314 yds.
2 TDs
0 Ints

15 rush
85 yards
1 TD

Was totally clutch all game long making some ridiculous plays while dealing with cramps for most of the game.

If there is a better QB out there in college right now, I haven't seen him.

You could have made a season highlight film from what he did last night, but here's one:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_352.0.gif

tredadda 08-31-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9828242)

That is bold. Clowney is a generational type of DE, Bridgewater is nothing special.

In58men 09-01-2013 09:22 AM

Wow, no Marcus Mariota? I like him better than Bridgewater.

Saccopoo 09-01-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9931068)
Wow, no Marcus Mariota? I like him better than Bridgewater.

Red shirt sophomore.

While eligible, he's most likely to stay one more season at Oregon.

Bewbies 09-01-2013 12:16 PM

Watched Tajh Boyd last night. Stud.

In58men 09-01-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9931276)
Red shirt sophomore.

While eligible, he's most likely to stay one more season at Oregon.

Good point 👎

O.city 09-01-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9929080)
That is bold. Clowney is a generational type of DE, Bridgewater is nothing special.

Bridgewater is nothing special?

Come on now

RunKC 09-02-2013 03:14 PM

Bridgewater is going to be a damn good QB. By far better than any QB in last years class.

ChiefsCountry 09-02-2013 06:25 PM

Keep an eye on Tom Savage at Pitt. Forgot all about him, he was a stud as freshman at Rutgers. Didn't realize where he ended up until tonight. Pure drop back passer when he was at Rutgers. Showed his arm off already tonight.

Tribal Warfare 09-03-2013 12:54 AM

I'll say one thing, Bridgewater doesn't come off as a real intellectual like RG3 during his interviews.

Sorter 09-03-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9931376)
Watched Tajh Boyd last night. Stud.

Really? I didn't get to watch it. :(

Sorter 09-03-2013 09:18 AM

Anyone watch the LSU/TCU game? Mettenberger/Pachall insight?

O.city 09-03-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9935050)
Really? I didn't get to watch it. :(

Yeah my opinion of Boyd went way up.

And my Sammy Watkins boner burst.

ChiefsCountry 09-03-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9935052)

Mettenberger isn't a West Coast offense type. Big arm not real accurate. LSU did kill it on 3rd downs the other night.

It will be interesting to see how Mettenberger does this year in Cam Cameron's Air Coryell offense though.

Sorter 09-03-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9935068)
Mettenberger isn't a West Coast offense type. Big arm not real accurate. LSU did kill it on 3rd downs the other night.

It will be interesting to see how Mettenberger does this year in Cam Cameron's Air Coryell offense though.

I thought that would be a really good fit for that team and what Miles wants from his offense.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 11:04 AM

1. Turd
2. Turd
3. Turd
4. Turd
5. Turd

O.city 09-03-2013 11:16 AM

I think Bridgewater is/will be as good of a prospect as RGIII. Dude is a stud.

ChiefsCountry 09-03-2013 11:39 AM

Here is McCarron's tape from the Virginia Tech game.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/St26oSjVK0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Things that stand out for me. First of all Kyle Fuller from Virginia Tech. Damn what a stud. Now to McCarron, watch at 5:00 minute mark. Incomplete pass but its right on the money between two defenders, throwing off his back foot. McCarron also isn't afraid to go deep. He got hit a lot more than he has. He has got Tom Brady type stature but not Brady's feel of the pocket. Not the most athletic but can make a play. Bama had some dropsies in this game. McCarron made some nice throws that were dropped. Not a bad performance from him, not great either. Lot of correctable mistakes that he needs to take his game up a level.

Tribal Warfare 09-03-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9935052)

Mettenberger looked very sharp from what I saw, nice clean mechanics the whole bit.

Sorter 09-03-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9935764)
Mettenberger looked very sharp from what I saw, nice clean mechanics the whole bit.

He's an interesting guy as far as where this season could take him. He's got some fantastic physical tools.

jspchief 09-03-2013 07:49 PM

Boyd looked really good. Great presence, good touch. One game in, I'm impressed.
Murray looked solid too.

Red Gorilla 09-03-2013 07:58 PM

I'm not real impressed with this class. I think it's basically Bridgewater and then a bunch of crap. I guess we'll see.

Sorter 09-03-2013 08:03 PM

Jesus Christ.

I thought I was going on ignore, cumguzzler? Get the **** out of this thread, you mentally deranged piece of shit that will likely murder several people in the future.

DeezNutz 09-03-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9936142)
He's an interesting guy as far as where this season could take him. He's got some fantastic physical tools.

Great arm and throws a pretty ball.

the Talking Can 09-04-2013 06:39 AM

boyd and bridgewater impressed, obviously

Murray did what he always does in big games, turn the ball over at the worst possible time...some poor team is going to get suckered

the Talking Can 09-04-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9933762)
Bridgewater is going to be a damn good QB. By far better than any QB in last years class.

better than wilson?

duncan_idaho 09-04-2013 07:33 AM

I only saw highlights of the Louisville/Ohio game (given in a WWE theme, with as many old school wrestler names used as possible), but I was lukewarm on what Bridgewater showed in the highlights.

It was a weird camera angle, but it mostly looked like he was throwing touch passes to wide open guys with no pressure in his face.

Does the game film show something else?

KC's only change of getting Bridgewater is if he falls in the draft, though. A few knocks on him are GOOD for KC (if you WANT him here).

O.city 09-04-2013 10:08 AM

Boys would be a great fit here, bridge water will end up going in the top 3, Murray is ass.

Sammy Watkins would be an awesome pickfor us

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-04-2013 01:09 PM

Why bother? We aren't getting one worth a ****.

Saccopoo 09-04-2013 05:16 PM

Personally, while interesting, I think it's irrelevant for the Chiefs to be considering a QB prospect this next draft.

Smith is a five year deal at minimum and they are going to see what they have in Bray, who has the tools, before they take a shot at another QB, IMO.

The two guys I really like are Chuckie Keeton of Utah State and Marcus Mariotta or Oregon. Both will be eligible (Keeton is a Junior and Mariotta is a red shirt sophomore), but both will likely return for another year - depending upon who declares after this next season.

I'm not sold on Bridgewater. I think he's instinctive, but he's got some mechanical flaws and his footwork in the pocket isn't very good. He's a project when he gets drafted IMO. Reminds me a lot of Mark Sanchez at the same level actually. He'll be overdrafted, forced to play because of it, and it will probably adversely affect his ability to grow into the position at the next level.

Personally, I'd think that most drafturbators would be pretty thrilled with the Tyler Bray signing this past off-season. Here's a guy with all the tools and he'll get a chance to really grow and work on his mechanicals under Reid and Smith. At least he's got a chance to become something here if they are will to put in the time with him as they did with Rogers at Green Bay.

O.city 09-04-2013 05:35 PM

Scouts think bridgewater will challenge to be the first overall pick, CP isn't sold and thinks the guys is overratd.

Scouts think geno is a major project 2nd round type, cp thinks he should be a first round pick.

I'm confused

ChiefsCountry 09-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9938367)
Scouts think bridgewater will challenge to be the first overall pick, CP isn't sold and thinks the guys is overratd.

Scouts think geno is a major project 2nd round type, cp thinks he should be a first round pick.

I'm confused

Its just Sac for you. He has a hard on for the Utah State quarterback.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-04-2013 10:43 PM

WHY do people keep saying "5 year deal"?

Get the **** real.

RippedmyFlesh 09-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Scouts thought curry would challenge to be the first overall pick, CP wasn't sold and thought the guy was overrated.

Scouts thought houston was a risky 3rd round type, cp thought he had first round talent and does.

It works both ways.

jd1020 09-05-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

I'm confused

Is it really that confusing to understand that both scouts and fans are wrong the majority of the time?

O.city 09-05-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9939441)
It works both ways.

That's wrong. No one said Houston was a third round talent