ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Likely to be the finalized staff... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268758)

Sorter 01-11-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9306128)
And here it comes. Now I'm a homer LMAO

Just saying. We had quite an impressive string of luck with the Reid and Dorsey hires. We have the #1 pick. And contrary to what the whiners say, I LOVE the offensive staff Reid has assembled. It's something I could only have imagined in my dreams.

Everything has been a home run thus far this offseason until the defensive coordinator. Can't win them all, but that's no reason to think this defense will now be a piece of shit or even a liability.

This. First, this defense has played with a lead and an offense that sustains drives like what, 3 times in the past two years?

If people are expecting us to become the defense of Greg Robinson because of Sutton at DC, they are mistaken.

Easy 6 01-11-2013 02:19 PM

I hope everyone is correct in their assumption that Sutton means sticking with the 3-4 in a one gap style.

It will save literal years in development, what a waste of time that would've been.

Sorter 01-11-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9306141)
I hope everyone is correct in their assumption that Sutton means sticking with the 3-4 in a one gap style.

It will save literal years in development, what a waste of time that would've been.

It will actually speed development of our DL.

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2013 02:24 PM

Its not a sexy name staff but its very solid.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:28 PM

i like the hire of Sutton and the entire defensive staff minus the 400 year old d-line coach

RunKC 01-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9306140)
This. First, this defense has played with a lead and an offense that sustains drives like what, 3 times in the past two years?

If people are expecting us to become the defense of Greg Robinson because of Sutton at DC, they are mistaken.

There's quite a bit of talent on the defense too, which wasn't the case during the DV years.

I like Gibbs at LB coach and Thomas has always been a good DB's coach. His work with Flowers and Carr prove that.

Sutton doesn't excite me though. I hope he gets these guys to attack, attack again and then attack some more.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9306179)
There's quite a bit of talent on the defense too, which wasn't the case during the DV years.

I like Gibbs at LB coach and Thomas has always been a good DB's coach. His work with Flowers and Carr prove that.

Sutton doesn't excite me though. I hope he gets these guys to attack, attack again and then attack some more.

there's like 4 good players on defense if that

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9306141)

Amen, brother. Regardless of what happened last year, I think this D is close to being a damn good 34 unit.

The Franchise 01-11-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306186)

Tamba Hali
Justin Houston
Eric Berry
Brandon Flowers
Derrick Johnson

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306186)

Not every player has to be a super star. Many will have to be role players. And while we are definitely short in some positions. We have more than 4 players who are worth keeping around. Maybe not even as starters but we have some talent.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9306198)
Not every player has to be a super star. Many will have to be role players. And while we are definitely short in some positions. We have more than 4 players who are worth keeping around. Maybe not even as starters but we have some talent.

no we dont

there are no "average" players or depth on this team. That was Scooters biggest problem

we had REALLY GOOD PLAYERS

then nothing

then REALLY BAD PLAYERS.

There were no solid role players, and if there was one, he was shipped off the team (cough Wallace Gilberry)

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9306190)
Tamba Hali
Justin Houston
Eric Berry
Brandon Flowers
Derrick Johnson

Poe, Powe, and Lewis are all worth a roster spot as well.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9306190)
Tamba Hali
Justin Houston
Eric Berry
Brandon Flowers
Derrick Johnson

I'll grudgingly concede that Poe may actually qualify.

Unlike that worthless tub, Tyson Jackson, Poe showed flashes of actually be a damn good player. And while we joke about it, DTs do often take a hell of a long time to develop.

Put Poe in a 1-gap and I think he really can be a dangerous player. I think he'd be better in a 4-3...but that ship has sailed.

Ultimately I see no reason he couldn't be as good as Abreyo Franklin as soon as next season. That qualifies him for the list, IMO.

O.city 01-11-2013 02:43 PM

I thought with a new coaching staff and new system we would rid ourselves of your useless drivel, but I guess I was wrong.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9306204)
Poe, Powe, and Lewis are all worth a roster spot as well.

Powe and Lewis

LOL