ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jaworski rates Chiefs QB at No. 20 among NFL starters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274325)

Marcellus 07-06-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9794811)
That's not a plan. Just drafting a QB at one regardless of who isn't a plan.

The irony is Smith is rated higher than several QB's that has we drafted CP would be super happy with.

For example most of CP believes we would be better off with Josh Freeman who is ranked lower than Smith, but hey it would still be better because you know, we would have drafted him.

Worse QB that you daft > better QB you trade for/ CP

The reality is in the end it doesn't matter as long as you have the best possible option available to you as your QB and that's what Smith is at this time.

Had we drafted Smith CP would think he was good enough.

ptlyon 07-06-2013 09:30 AM

Jaws: Alex Smith Sucks

wazu 07-06-2013 09:32 AM

I like how Jaws ranks him 20th, then proceeds to describe him as if he were the second coming for the entire article.

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 09:35 AM

That's a pretty fair ranking and one I agree with completely.

The issue with Alex Smith is not just the Chiefs not drafting a QB this year... it's the price they paid making it difficult to draft a QB next year as well. And that's assuming they don't tether themselves to Alex Smith for more than just the two years they have him.

The Chiefs gave up a LOT to be mediocre/respectable this season. Yes, it's nice that Andy Reid won't tie himself to Smith if he is just OK and will move on after two seasons if necessary... but if that ends up being the case, the Chiefs surrendered FAR too much compensation for him.

Rasputin 07-06-2013 09:38 AM

He talks about Smith & 9ers using 3 TE formations. Are the Chiefs going duct tape bubble wrap around Tony Moeaki this year so he can play?

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9794832)
He talks about Smith & 9ers using 3 TE formations. Are the Chiefs going duct tape bubble wrap around Tony Moeaki this year so he can play?

The genie will help with that...

http://cdn.ispot.tv/image/ad/7oad~8~620.jpg

Also, I imagine 3 TE formations are a lot more effective/viable when you have a freak like Vernon Davis at one of those spots. Last I checked, the Chiefs were missing that type of guy.

BigBeauford 07-06-2013 09:43 AM

Alright, so Joe Flacco should be next on this list since some of our resident CP geniuses think Flacco = Smith.

Messier 07-06-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9794832)

I'm interested to see what we have in Demetrius Harris.

TEX 07-06-2013 09:48 AM

Even at 20, he's a huge improvement over Cassel.

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9794840)
I'm interested to see what we have in Demetrius Harris.

Yes, the two undrafted FAs will save the Chiefs! Chances are excellent.

Step 1: Sign Tyler Bray
Step 2: Sign Demtrius Harris
Step 3: Profit (Win Super Bowl!)

tecumseh 07-06-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9794830)
I like how Jaws ranks him 20th, then proceeds to describe him as if he were the second coming for the entire article.

I agree. Jaws heaps alot of praise for a 20. I have my hopes up, too. The rating sounds right ,IMO.

Messier 07-06-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9794846)

I don't care where they come from. You'd have been more behind them if we took Bray in the 3rd and Harris in the 5th or something. Dumb.

Messier 07-06-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9794846)

Who said anything about them saving the Chiefs? I think the have potential. But I'm crazy, right? Undrafted players just can't make it in the NFL.

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9794855)
I don't care where they come from. You'd have been more behind them if we took Bray in the 3rd and Harris in the 5th or something. Dumb.

Not at all the case.

I just think it's funny how many hopes so many are pinning on a couple of UDFA, whose rate of success/impact in the NFL is incredibly low.

Coogs 07-06-2013 10:02 AM

19. Andy Dalton
18. Cam Newton