ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poll on LJ over on Star Sports Page (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205555)

Coogs 04-08-2009 07:47 AM

Poll on LJ over on Star Sports Page

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/

Should he stay? Or Should he go?

824 folks have weighed in their opinions as of this post.

raybec 4 04-08-2009 07:54 AM

900 votes 70% say get rid of him

EyePod 04-08-2009 08:00 AM

I have yet to hear a good reason for getting rid of him. The "cancer" idea is stupid. He's in there and participating. He f'd up off the field. Hasn't done anything since. You guys were all OK with JA even though he kept screwing up. If LJ doesn't get in trouble off of the field, I want him here. Plus we can cut him any time without worrying about giving him tons of cash.

Coogs 04-08-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 5650406)
I have yet to hear a good reason for getting rid of him. The "cancer" idea is stupid. He's in there and participating. He f'd up off the field. Hasn't done anything since. You guys were all OK with JA even though he kept screwing up. If LJ doesn't get in trouble off of the field, I want him here. Plus we can cut him any time without worrying about giving him tons of cash.

The poll doesn't ask for reasons. Just Stay or Go.

InChiefsHeaven 04-08-2009 08:11 AM

Do they have a "I don't give a shit, just win" option?

Rain Man 04-08-2009 08:12 AM

I don't understand people who want to get rid of a good player.

OnTheWarpath15 04-08-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

You know the answer to this. I'm not going to say it, or this thread will get moved to DC or closed altogether.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-08-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

I totally disagree. I want LJ to stay here the same as I wanted Jared too. But IIRC, the majority of this board was all for trading JA. The lamenting didn't start until he started kicking ass for Minnesota.

ChiTown 04-08-2009 08:43 AM

It's a 2-1 landslide. I hate that sack of crap.

DeepSouth 04-08-2009 08:45 AM

It's not a "yes" or "no" question without knowing if he leaves by being released or traded.

If they were to get rid of him by releasing him, then I'd vote "no". At least until after training camp.

If they were to get rid of him by trading for another player, it'd depend on what they got for him. If they got a player that would start, I'd vote "yes". If they got a player that would not start, I'd vote "no".

If they were to get rid of him by trading for draft picks, it would depend on the draft pick(s). If it was for anything earlier than a fourth, I'd for "yes". Anything after the third, I'd vote "no".

ChiTown 04-08-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 5650514)
It's not a "yes" or "no" question without knowing if he leaves by being released or traded.

If they were to get rid of him by releasing him, then I'd vote "no". At least until after training camp.

If they were to get rid of him by trading for another player, it'd depend on what they got for him. If they got a player that would start, I'd vote "yes". If they got a player that would not start, I'd vote "no".

If they were to get rid of him by trading for draft picks, it would depend on the draft pick(s). If it was for anything earlier than a fourth, I'd for "yes". Anything after the third, I'd vote "no".

Actually, in this situation, it's addition by subtraction.

htismaqe 04-08-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

I wasn't ok with Jared Allen. He needed to keep himself clean, and so far he's done that at someone else's expense. Good for him. I still don't see trading him as a BAD idea like some.

As for Larry, I don't care what they do with him. If they keep him, I hope he does well. If they ship him, great. Don't care.

milkman 04-08-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

You want a good reason other than attitude?

Here it is.

LJ has limited vison and patience, is considered a power back who has limited power, can't (or won't) block, is a marginal reciever, who has only ever done one thing well, that being lowering his shoulder and knocking smaller defenders on their ass when he got into the second level, but in the last two seasons has pussified and hasn't even done that.

In short, he simply sucks ass.

DeezNutz 04-08-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5650559)
You want a good reason other than attitude?

Here it is.

LJ has limited vison and patience, is considered a power back who has limited power, can't (or won't) block, is a marginal reciever, who has only ever done one thing well, that being lowering his shoulder and knocking smaller defenders on their ass when he got into the second level, but in the last two seasons has pussified and hasn't even done that.

In short, he simply sucks ass.

But, but, but, but...he's a Chief111

LaChapelle 04-08-2009 09:21 AM

Male violence towards women is a taboo that runs deep in this country. LJ may leave KC, but that will dog him for life.