ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft *** The Official Draft Chance Warmack Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270256)

Reaper16 02-21-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9423820)
Pretty entertaining to see the draft "experts" act like absolute ****ing reeruns this offseason in an attempt to stick to their bullshit master narrative.

Ignoring for a moment the idiocy of drafting a guard at #1, it's equally asinine to think that Warmack is a dynamic once-in-a-generation player at his position.

We were told exactly that about DeCastro last year. Flaws showed up in training camp, then the dude got injured.

Warmack played next to Barrett Jones and DJ Fluker, was in a very friendly system that showcases the offensive line, and had a stable of talented RBs behind him. If there's a Ken Dorsey-type of player who looks artificially great in this draft due to the ****ing stacked team he played on, it's Warmack.

Also, why the hell weren't we talking about Warmack until this senior season? Why didn't draft guys spot this kid in his sophomore and junior seasons and say, "Now THERE'S a ****ing football player! He'll be amazing when he comes out." If he's that kind of once-in-a-generation talent at his position, he would have been mentioned all over draft blogs like Walter the same way Luck, Berry, and players like that got treated.

The idea that Warmack only stood out because of who he played next to makes sense...until you watch Alabama games. He's a much better player than Fluker. Why weren't people on the hype train until recently? Probably because Warmack was only a three-star prospect coming out of high school and because he had a habit of picking up false start penalties.

That said, he isn't a once-in-a-generation talent. I like him better than DeCastro, but that doesn't make him once-in-a-generation. He's the best offensive lineman of this draft, nothing more (and that's not taking into consideration maximum upside; Eric Fisher probably has the most upside of any o-lineman in this draft, with Joeckel right under him).

RyFo18 02-21-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424002)
The fact that he was on a Chiefs early 2000's type line at Bama is a little offputting and he only had 1 year of production.

But I won't say I've watching much of him at all, pretty much only casually watching the games during the regular season.

That's true. But just isolating him I mean the guy is just filthy. I can only imagine what Charles would do running left side behind he and Albert...It's would be a beautiful thing.

I don't want to be labeled as the guy who wants to draft Warmack at #1...I'm just saying there are much worse guys we could take. I'm still on the Blow for Geno bandwagon.

O.city 02-21-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424015)
That's true. But just isolating him I mean the guy is just filthy. I can only imagine what Charles would do running left side behind he and Albert...It's would be a beautiful thing.

I don't want to be labeled as the guy who wants to draft Warmack at #1...I'm just saying there are much worse guys we could take. I'm still on the Blow for Geno bandwagon.

Yeah, and much better options.

ChiefsCountry 02-21-2013 07:23 PM

Are we on the east side of Missouri now because we shouldn't be having this discussion on this board.

RealSNR 02-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424015)

Mmm... I can't think of anything much worse. Maybe Joeckel and Fisher would be worse.

I'd rather overdraft the **** out of that Duke QB everybody seems to like these days than take a guard.

warpaint* 02-21-2013 07:40 PM

Why is this even being discussed

Sorter 02-21-2013 08:06 PM

This thread was better when it was about Boxxy.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-21-2013 08:25 PM

The writings on the wall fellas. Reid has stated they are open to trading out of #1. Arizona needs a QB at #7 so lets trade with them. They take Geno at 1, we take Warmack at #7, then we take Tyler Wilson at #33 and with the 2 #1 picks we have next year we take another QB if Wilson doesn't look awesome.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424212)
The writings on the wall fellas. Reid has stated they are open to trading out of #1. Arizona needs a QB at #7 so lets trade with them. They take Geno at 1, we take Warmack at #7, then we take Tyler Wilson at #33 and with the 2 #1 picks we have next year we take another QB if Wilson doesn't look awesome.

ROFL

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9423946)
I mean, we've invested several high picks now in Hudson, Asamoah, Allen and Stephenson.

This draft should be ALL ABOUT PLAYMAKERS.

We need A QB and playmakers to surround said QB...and playmakers on defense.

We don't need any ****ing beef this year.

THIS.

MOTHER****ING THIS.

HTIS THIS.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 09:09 PM

BPA

gotta take big daddy Warmack

milkman 02-21-2013 10:33 PM

Many of us have been saying for years that we need to take chance in the draft.

This, however, isn't what we were talking about.

BossChief 02-21-2013 10:36 PM

Which was more valuable?

Trent Green

Or

will Shields

Shit, a quality starting quarterback is worth more than the OL as a whole.

I'd rather draft Geno over Joeckel AND Womack.

Iowanian 02-21-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9423782)
and his dick must be 15 + inches long too

Hodor!

Titty Meat 02-21-2013 11:47 PM

Draft Jerkoff and then make a RGIII like trade and draft Warmack.