ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THANK YOU!!!! ( & Whoo Hooo, Some unbelievable luck!!!!!) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78523)

JOhn 12-23-2003 02:33 PM

THANK YOU!!!! ( & Whoo Hooo, Some unbelievable luck!!!!!)

I think I need to thank someone on here for entering my name in a free computer drawing, I think.

Apparently someone on here, or maybe some other person on the net entered my name to win a free computer to help me with my college work. Because last night when we got home from Billings, MT I found a large box sitting on my front porch, delivered via UPS. There was a letter attached to the box that read as follows:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Mr Edwards, your name was submitted on-line to us ( Compaq ) to be entered in a free drawing for one of the new computer's we are giving away this holiday season, for educational purposes. And in our recent drawing your name was drawn to WIN!! You are now the proud owner of a new Compaq Presario. The following person(s) submitted your name and a short letter telling why you should be considered for this gift. You can thank ____(A_fellow_CHIEFS_Fan)_____ for your new computer from Compaq. Congratulations & good luck in pursuing your education.

So to whomever submitted my name, THANK YOU.

This Christmas season has renewed my faith in my fellow man. Between this and a few other things I have received this year from other members here on CHIEFS PLANET, who wish to remain unmentioned by name, this is truly a wonderful Christmas.

THANK YOU ALL, AND MERRY CHRISTMAS. ALL of you will be in our prayers & thanks for a long time. And may the joy you have given to me & my family be repaid to you & yours many times over.

JimNasium 12-23-2003 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn
I think I need to thank someone on here for entering my name in a free computer drawing, I think.

Apparantly someone on here, or maybe some other person on the net enetered my name to win a free computer to help me with my college work. Because last night when we got home from Billings, MT I found a large box sitting on my front porch, delevered via UPS. There was a letter attached to the box that read as follows:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Mr Edwards, your name was subbmited on-line to us ( Compaq ) to be entered in a free drawing for one of the new computer's we are giving away this holiday season, for educational purposes. And in our recent drawing your name was drawn to WIN!! You are now the proud owner of a new Compaq Presario. The following person(s) submitted your name and a short letter telling why you should be considered for this gift. You can thank ____(A_fellow_CHIEFS_Fan)_____ for your new computer from Compaq. Congratulations & good luck in pursueing your education.

So to whomever submitted my name, THANK YOU.

This Christmas season has renewed my faith in my fellow man. Between this and a few other things I have recieved this year from other members here on CHIEFSPLANET, who wish to remain unmentioned by name, this is truely a wonderfull Christmas.

THANK YOU ALL, AND MERRY CHRISTMAS. ALL of you will be in our prayers & thanks for a long time. And may the joy you have given to me & my family be repaid to you & yours many times over.

You're welcome.

:p Hey, someone needed to take the credit.

KCWolfman 12-23-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
You're welcome.

:p Hey, someone needed to take the credit.

Liar, I am Spartacus.

JimNasium 12-23-2003 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Liar, I am Spartacus.

No, I am Spartacus.

JOhn 12-23-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Liar, I am Spartacus.

:LOL:

:spock:

:hmmm:

JazzzLovr 12-23-2003 02:42 PM

It wasn't me, but that's awesome. :D There are some pretty great people in the ChiefsPlanet clique. ;)

siberian khatru 12-23-2003 02:43 PM

You guys can argue over which one of you is the homoerotic film icon, but I'm the one who helped JOhn out ...

... at least until someone else shows up to take the credit.

Logical 12-23-2003 02:43 PM

:thumb::clap:

LVNHACK 12-23-2003 02:44 PM

:thumb: The power of the Planet............

Taco John 12-23-2003 02:45 PM

Wow. Merry Christmas JOhn... What a great story.

Very happy for you.

Donger 12-23-2003 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn
pursueing your education

ROFL

jjjayb 12-23-2003 02:47 PM

Man, I am impressed. Whoever did this is awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JOhn 12-23-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
ROFL

Sorry but I havn't downloaded my spellchecker onto this new computer yet.

fwiw, never admitted to being a spelling ace. :shake:

Fixed, happy? ;)

ROYC75 12-23-2003 02:55 PM

Your welcome, JOhn, you have been a good boy this year, Santa was happy he could give .......

Happy Holidays,
Santa .

Talisman 12-23-2003 02:56 PM

I don't know who entered his name, but I work at Compaq and rigged the results. So please send all praise my direction. ;)