ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Has this economy continued to hurt your wallet, or are you doing just fine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269415)

mikeyis4dcats. 01-28-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9359234)
I hate the fact we are kind of tucked away.

But, it is nice being near the busiest intersection in Topeka.

The building we are attached to is going to become an HVAC school. I've not a damn clue how parking is going to work when that's all said and done.

huh....private or for the union?

Ceej 01-28-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9359242)
huh....private or for the union?

Private, I do believe.

LL owns the building we are in and the parking from our front doors on. The students who attend the HVAC school will have like 2-4 spots of parking. LMAO And the back of Target, assuming Target lets them park there.

SAUTO 01-28-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9358609)
Over/under on being moved to dc

50 posts

And why can this dickwad still start threads?

Why couldn't he?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-28-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9359001)
Nothing like paying interest on a rolling depreciating asset! I drive a Lincoln. It's 15 years old, but still a nice ride. I take my chances with mechanic bills, and so far I've won a lot more than I've lost. Different strokes for different folks, so don't take this post as any kind of judgment. I'd just rather spend the extra money on hookers and blow! :D

Then bills could be cheaper. You know how lol
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-28-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9358986)
Same here. We have one coming in June. Trying to get the bathroom remodeled and everything situated and ready before then. Ours was a slow remodel of the home that suddenly got expedited starting in October (apparently beer for me and vodka for her = high motility and egg migration).

I'm in IT, my paycheck is ok, nothing great but it pays the bills. She teaches, so again, its ok but we aren't going to retire by 40, thats for sure.

Once we get past the remodel bills, the hatchling bills, and square up on some of our previous debt, we'll dig ourselves back in with a new car purchase. The interest goblins keep coming back, over and over and over again.

we had the same problem last year.

50k and about 1100sq ft with two bathrooms and nine. months later and I'm done
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej 01-28-2013 05:59 PM

I hope you guys got some great deals on hardwood flooring.

:)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9359027)
You should write a how-to book.

I'll buy a copy.

ROFL

SAUTO 01-28-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9359010)
I really need to cut my food budget. I've gotten huge all over again, and spend too much money eating conveniently, and deliciously. I could easily shave $300 a month for my wife, brother in law, and myself by following this model. Groceries are out of ****ing control.

Dude...
don't get me started on that shit.

Or the beautiful wife and lovely children that can't figure out how to TURN OFF A MOTHER****ING LIGHT. I mean shit it's the exact opposite of what ever you did to turn it on
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-28-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9359285)
I hope you guys got some great deals on hardwood flooring.

:)

Lol. Funny you would say that.

I did. I didn't get a single piece of carpet laid. Kids and the wife are hard on that shit.

Traded it all out in labor to a guy whose diesel blew up at just the right time for me
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej 01-28-2013 06:08 PM

Some times it is hard to pass up a good deal.

If you got any questions as far as repairs, or questions or general re: hardwood flooring give me a holler.

Saulbadguy 01-28-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9358836)
Best I've done since 1999.

Yep, this. The economy is rebounding big time.

SAUTO 01-28-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9359319)
Some times it is hard to pass up a good deal.

If you got any questions as far as repairs, or questions or general re: hardwood flooring give me a holler.

Awesome good to know.
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder 01-28-2013 06:27 PM

Could definitely use a raise but doubt I will ever see it. Could be worse, I am greatful for steady employment. Need to kill off some of this debt I have going and I will be doing well. The Feds need to give me back my 1200. Fiscal cliff is a scam to get my loot

Phobia 01-28-2013 06:28 PM

Yeah - I'd say I'm affected. I used to get almost double what I currently charge to finish basements. I can't wait for things to right themselves so I can get back to better margins.

JoeyChuckles 01-28-2013 06:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the recession ended two plus years ago?

And I'm financially better than I have ever been.