ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet DraftPlanet is not closed. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281728)

Phobia 02-24-2014 11:32 PM

DraftPlanet is not closed.

Draft discussion is now encouraged in the Lounge. This format has been followed in the past and fell by the wayside.

We've had a discussion within this thread and reached a partial compromise. I don't know exactly what it looks like but I have a general idea of what I think would be positive for ChiefsPlanet. I'm looking to regular participants in DraftPlanet and The Lounge to help fill in the blanks with their own cool ideas.

The following is not yet etched in stone. There's a lot of pertinent discussion throughout the thread.
DraftPlanet will remain open until one week after the Combine. Draft gurus will be encouraged to start and/or ask for threads to be moved to the Lounge. We want to encourage football discussion in the Lounge and we hope Draftnits will seek to share their knowledge with the GenPop. Finally, DraftPlanet will remain open year around but new threads will be moderated by Draft moderators and moved to the Lounge or kept in DraftPlanet based on a yet-to-be determined criteria which is up for discussion.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2014 11:33 PM

Good it will bump some of the lame ass threads including the chicken ones off the front page.

DaFace 02-24-2014 11:33 PM

:clap:

(But fear Direckshun's wrath...)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10451924)
:clap:

(But fear Direckshun's wrath...)

He just shot a load into orbit with the thought of seeing his name on every thread in the front page of the lounge. Voyager!

Direckshun 02-24-2014 11:37 PM

Of course. Why wouldn't it be.

tk13 02-24-2014 11:38 PM

I think this is a great idea... but I never liked moving football talk out of the Lounge. Especially during the offseason when the draft was the #1 thing we'd be talking about.

TambaBerry 02-24-2014 11:40 PM

Oh come on I liked the draft so I don't have to weed through shit to find stuff on the draft.

jjchieffan 02-24-2014 11:40 PM

:wayne:

Direckshun 02-24-2014 11:40 PM

I want to know what exactly ChiefsPlanet was losing with the existence of an ongoing Draft forum.

I don't expect any explanation to be sufficient. Some people are just stomping their feet that there are too many poop threads in the Lounge, and therefore DraftPlanet must be closed. Which... makes no sense. If you want to talk Draft and football, come to the ****ing Draft forum.

Now I get to look forward to a dramatic increase in people shitting on me for talking football on a goddamn football board.

DomerNKC 02-24-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10451919)
Draft discussion is now encouraged in the Lounge. This format has been followed in the past and fell by the wayside.

It's up for discussion but I presume "open season" for draft discussion in the Lounge would be from the moment we lose a 28 point lead in the playoffs until opening day of training camp?

Thread creation in draftplanet is now disabled but you're welcome to continue existing discussions and moderators are allowed to move active discussions to the Lounge.

im gonna post about this on draft planet!!!

Gadzooks 02-24-2014 11:41 PM

Damn, it's sneaky.

Draft Planet let me go through the motions of starting a thread and then said it had to be approved by a moderator.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 11:42 PM

I know I'm just shouting against the wind here, but this really is just further proof that ChiefsPlanet mods don't give a shit about the Draft, which is only like THE most important way to build a football team.

Saccopoo started something like eight different threads segmenting the results of the Combine into easily scroll-able threads, that would all be on page 8 of the Lounge right now.

tk13 02-24-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10451934)
Oh come on I liked the draft so I don't have to weed through shit to find stuff on the draft.

There's an NFL Draft thread prefix. Just sort threads by that, you'll see them all.

DomerNKC 02-24-2014 11:42 PM

BTW i think we should consider Geno...

Titty Meat 02-24-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10451937)
I want to know what exactly ChiefsPlanet was losing with the existence of an ongoing Draft forum.

I don't expect any explanation to be sufficient. Some people are just stomping their feet that there are too many poop threads in the Lounge, and therefore DraftPlanet must be closed. Which... makes no sense. If you want to talk Draft and football, come to the ****ing Draft forum.

Now I get to look forward to a dramatic increase in people shitting on me for talking football on a goddamn football board.

I hope it's to get the forum back to an actual football forum.