ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360/ Windows Media Center Issue (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198246)

Hootie 12-12-2008 08:31 PM

XBox 360/ Windows Media Center Issue

So I finally set up my media center to stream to my xbox...but it is EXTREMELY slow...any ideas on how to fix it? Why does it go so friggin' slow?

Buck 12-12-2008 08:32 PM

Do you have some kind of firewall on your PC?

Hootie 12-12-2008 08:54 PM

No...

Also, I have two XBox's in my apartment and a few computers...two are hooked up with a cord to my router yet my xbox will only recognize one computer...when I really want it to recognize my computer rather than my roommates but it won't...

what gives?

I'm somewhat computer savvy but this shit is starting to irritate me.

Mr. Plow 12-12-2008 09:03 PM

I wish I could help. I'm know a little bit about computers, but linking my computer to my Xbox was easier than I thought.

Buck 12-12-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5289150)
No...

Also, I have two XBox's in my apartment and a few computers...two are hooked up with a cord to my router yet my xbox will only recognize one computer...when I really want it to recognize my computer rather than my roommates but it won't...

what gives?

I'm somewhat computer savvy but this shit is starting to irritate me.

Hmmm....I cant help you too much other than that I know when you try to hook up 2 PS3's to the same router and try to join a party with eachother it doesn't work.

If I had to guess, I would say it has to do with the IP Addresses of each machine. If you set a Static IP for YOUR computer, and in the settings on your 360 you put in that same IP address, it should work.

EDIT: That probably wont work, but maybe if you set a static IP for you XBox and then have your computer search for it may.

Hootie 12-12-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5289164)
I wish I could help. I'm know a little bit about computers, but linking my computer to my Xbox was easier than I thought.

and does it go fast?

My xbox recognizes my roommates Vista computer...but not my XP service pack 2 computer...

and even the vista computer it recognizes it's almost impossible to navigate media center because it's soooooo slow

007 12-12-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5289176)
and does it go fast?

My xbox recognizes my roommates Vista computer...but not my XP service pack 2 computer...

and even the vista computer it recognizes it's almost impossible to navigate media center because it's soooooo slow

disconnect the vista computer from the router and see if it will find your computer then.

Hootie 12-12-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5289183)
disconnect the vista computer from the router and see if it will find your computer then.

good idea...

question...

Do you stream video files from your PC to your xbox? Do you do it through XP or Vista? If you do it through Vista, is it really slow to access stuff?

You seem like you know just about anything when it comes to this stuff.

Mr. Plow 12-12-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5289176)
and does it go fast?

Mine was quick. I had to make one adjustment on my computer, went to my Xbox and it saw my computer. Opened it up and there all my songs & such were.

007 12-12-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5289187)
good idea...

question...

Do you stream video files from your PC to your xbox? Do you do it through XP or Vista? If you do it through Vista, is it really slow to access stuff?

You seem like you know just about anything when it comes to this stuff.

Depends on what you are using. Are you trying to do this solely through Media Center? If so, it will only work on Vista. If you are just wanting to use a shared folder with Divx files then it would work on either system.

Also, are you trying to do this wirelessly or wired? I am assuming wired based on an earlier post.

Hootie 12-12-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5289208)
Depends on what you are using. Are you trying to do this solely through Media Center? If so, it will only work on Vista. If you are just wanting to use a shared folder with Divx files then it would work on either system.

Also, are you trying to do this wirelessly or wired? I am assuming wired based on an earlier post.

Yeah, wired.

Hootie 12-12-2008 09:26 PM

through xp service pack 2

007 12-12-2008 09:33 PM

Just make a shared folder for the entire network. also, make certain your computer is set up for the same same IP range.

can the two computers on the network see each other?

Hootie 12-12-2008 09:58 PM

I don't understand why this is always such a HUGE pain in the ass...

You cannot use the Router IP, network or broadcast address...I don't know what this means but it won't let me open up any god damn ports.

Hootie 12-12-2008 10:11 PM

this is driving me INSANE...

I set a static IP address...

NOW MY ROUTER KEEPS "You cannot use the Router IP, network or broadcast address" EVERY TIME I TRY TO TRIGGER PORT FORWARDING!

GOD DAMNIT