ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165042)

NewChief 03-30-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7526288)
What is 30A?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a Highway that runs along the coast east of Destin. Places like Grayton Beach, Seaside, Watercolor, and Santa Rosa are on it. It's basically quoted and quainter than the insanity of Destin.

ChiTown 03-30-2011 08:52 AM

Just got back (Sunday nite) from a week of skiing in Colorado. It was awesome!

DMAC 03-30-2011 09:23 AM

Took mine the FIRST week in January. Starrrrrting to think that was stupid.

Went hiking on the St Joseph Pennisula in FL (awesome).

DaKCMan AP 03-30-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7526140)
Just got back from Palm Beach, FL. Despite the plethora of old geezers, it was a damned good time. So relaxing, and our kids absolutely love the beach. Since the mother-in-law is a snow bird with a condo there, we'll probably start making an annual trip spring break trip down there if we can budget for plane tickets.

We'll also go to the 30A area of Florida this summer with my side of the family. Other than that, we'll do some camping and spend a lot of time at the mother-in-law's lake house.

Life's pretty good in the leisure department for us.... but damn does our budget suffer for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 7526279)
just got back from Santa Rosa Beach, Fl which is close to Destin. Great weather, went fishing for mackerel and tore em up on light tackle, ate fresh seafood every day, and drank lots of beer at the beach and whiskey nightcaps watching basketball. Great time. We go as a family every year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7526359)
Took mine the FIRST week in January. Starrrrrting to think that was stupid.

Went hiking on the St Joseph Pennisula in FL (awesome).

Thanks for spending your tourism $$ in the Sunshine state. :thumb:

KCKID58 03-30-2011 09:38 AM

Leaving tomorrow. RRC explorer of the sea. 9 days on the ocean blue

luv 03-30-2011 09:56 AM

Flew to Orlando/Sanford, went to Universal Studios, spent a few days in Daytona Beach, and drove up and had lunch with a friend in Orange Park. Love the drive up and down 95.

DMAC 03-30-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7526415)
Flew to Orlando/Sanford, went to Universal Studios, spent a few days in Daytona Beach, and drove up and had lunch with a friend in Orange Park. Love the drive up and down 95.

Really?

luv 03-30-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7526419)
Really?

No, I'm lying.

DMAC 03-30-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7526369)
Thanks for spending your tourism $$ in the Sunshine state. :thumb:

I did spend a shit ton. It was supposed to be a cheap trip.

DMAC 03-30-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7526422)
No, I'm lying.

You are a certified rascal. ERR

Steron 03-30-2011 11:09 AM

The family and I spent a week in Disney World in February. Going to the shore in June for a week. Then I'm off for 10 days in December. I am "stay"cationing for that one.

King_Chief_Fan 03-30-2011 11:22 AM

A couple of weeks ago we took 8 days at an all inclusive in Jamaica......mon!

tooge 03-30-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7526282)
We did Santa Rosa last summer. Love it! Did you eat at Stinky's? It's phenomenal. We've finally convinced my family that 30A is superior to Destin.

we eat breakfast at stinky's every day (actually its the Liars cafe which is run by stinky's next door). I had crawfish etuffe' and grits one day, beef grillade and grits one day, and eggs benedict the other day. The crawfish etuffe was the best thing I've ever eaten for breakfast even gthough it doesn't sound like breakfast food.

NewChief 03-30-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 7526745)
we eat breakfast at stinky's every day (actually its the Liars cafe which is run by stinky's next door). I had crawfish etuffe' and grits one day, beef grillade and grits one day, and eggs benedict the other day. The crawfish etuffe was the best thing I've ever eaten for breakfast even gthough it doesn't sound like breakfast food.

Nice. I've never eaten breakfast there, only dinner.

We're actually staying in Sea Grove this year, so we'll be closer to Seaside but further from Dune Allen/Santa Rosa. Seaside has some damned good eateries too, though.

http://www.thegreatsoutherncafe.com/

tooge 03-30-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7526774)
Nice. I've never eaten breakfast there, only dinner.

We're actually staying in Sea Grove this year, so we'll be closer to Seaside but further from Dune Allen/Santa Rosa. Seaside has some damned good eateries too, though.

http://www.thegreatsoutherncafe.com/

Great Southern is good. We go up to Seaside on two nights for the taco bar in town there and to hear live music. Gotta tell ya though, Liars Cafe was recommended to us by an employee of the Red Bar in Grayton, and once we went there and told all our friends that go with us (17 families all together this year in about 8 houses), everyone agreed it is the best breakfast ever. Owner/chef Todd is a master, and he makes a killer bloody mary also. If you go there, tell him you know the guy from KC that makes the Bloody Buddeez bloody mary garnish. We talked alot about pickling stuff.