ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Vacation? Have you taken it yet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165042)

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2007 09:30 AM

Vacation? What is that? I can never afford to go anywhere. I usually spend the free time with my son.

OnTheWarpath15 06-27-2007 10:38 AM

Good timing with this thread.......

The wife and I left last Thursday for a golf trip to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Had an AWESOME time. 6 rounds of golf in 4 days. I'll post pictures when I get back......

Which was supposed to be LAST NIGHT.

:cuss:

Flying home, we get to our connection city (Dallas) to find out that our flight to STL has been cancelled due to weather, and the earliest they can rebook us is 9:35 tonight.

(After standing in line for 2 hours and waiting in line for a rental car for another 2 hours.....got to the hotel about 1:00am......to find a room with a double bed. ONE double bed. But it's better than the hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport....)

So, we're stuck in Dallas, without our luggage. Got the clothes on my back, and my backpack full of electronics. If you see a guy with a shaved head wearing a red Chiefs T-shirt wandering through Big D today, say hi. Gonna try to make the best of it and go to Sammy's BBQ, the Dallas Museum of Art, and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK)

Hopefully things get back on track tonight. Nothing against Dallas, but I'd rather not be stuck here any longer than necessary.

Wish us luck......

HemiEd 06-27-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Good timing with this thread.......

The wife and I left last Thursday for a golf trip to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Had an AWESOME time. 6 rounds of golf in 4 days. I'll post pictures when I get back......

Which was supposed to be LAST NIGHT.

:cuss:

Flying home, we get to our connection city (Dallas) to find out that our flight to STL has been cancelled due to weather, and the earliest they can rebook us is 9:35 tonight.

(After standing in line for 2 hours and waiting in line for a rental car for another 2 hours.....got to the hotel about 1:00am......to find a room with a double bed. ONE double bed. But it's better than the hundreds of people who were sleeping in the airport....)

So, we're stuck in Dallas, without our luggage. Got the clothes on my back, and my backpack full of electronics. If you see a guy with a shaved head wearing a red Chiefs T-shirt wandering through Big D today, say hi. Gonna try to make the best of it and go to Sammy's BBQ, the Dallas Museum of Art, and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK)

Hopefully things get back on track tonight. Nothing against Dallas, but I'd rather not be stuck here any longer than necessary.

Wish us luck......

Sounds like you are making the most out of it and at least its not hot in Dallas. :D

ChiefsFan4Life 06-27-2007 02:08 PM

Going to San Diego at the end of July

CupidStunt 06-27-2007 02:09 PM

Sunny Beach, Bulgaria... this Friday.

OnTheWarpath15 06-27-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Sounds like you are making the most out of it and at least its not hot in Dallas. :D

Hot, no.

Humid, absofuckinglutely.

Sitting in a Borders (wifi access) to check flight info again.

The 6th Floor Museum was really interesting.

Decided to pass on the Art Museum.

Will probably chill here at Borders for a bit, then maybe drive out to Irving to see Jerry Jones' Toilet Bowl.......

HemiEd 06-27-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria... this Friday.

Bulgaria? Are you serious? Tell us more please.

ROYC75 06-27-2007 03:15 PM

Vacation ? What is that ?

CupidStunt 06-27-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Bulgaria? Are you serious? Tell us more please.

What's to tell?

Typical European beach holiday with the Mrs. 2 weeks, 5-star hotel, breakfast and evening meal all paid for...

I'll tell more when I return.

2112 06-27-2007 03:25 PM

Vegas in August

Ft Lauderdale/Miami in Nov/Dec

kcmaxwell 06-27-2007 03:27 PM

just finished LPN school, (graduate sturday, 6/30...) taking the fam to south MO on a float trip on the Current. Figure its the least i can do for them putting up with me for the last year...
maxwell

Delano 06-27-2007 03:52 PM

I'm taking a week long research trip to Yellowstone in late August. While half of the days will be filled with meetings and other structured research, the other half should be somewhat vacation-like.

Chief Henry 06-27-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

You do play hard! I am saving that link to ballard resort, thanks.

Work hard, play hard...

I've been to canada fishing on several occassions. This place
at Ballards says we don't have to bring any gear or any bait.
All we have to do is bring clothes and a cooler :) They prepare all the
meals and clean all the fish. Heck, I'm going to try it out. I'll like fishing different locations, especially when they CLEAN the Fish.

Chief Henry 06-27-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmaxwell
just finished LPN school, (graduate sturday, 6/30...) taking the fam to south MO on a float trip on the Current. Figure its the least i can do for them putting up with me for the last year...
maxwell

The Current River is fun. So is the Huzzah River.

PunkinDrublic 06-27-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Hot, no.

Humid, absofuckinglutely.

Sitting in a Borders (wifi access) to check flight info again.

The 6th Floor Museum was really interesting.

Decided to pass on the Art Museum.

Will probably chill here at Borders for a bit, then maybe drive out to Irving to see Jerry Jones' Toilet Bowl.......

Prepare to be underwhelmed.