ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I think we've got a chance with Huard. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147519)

Hammock Parties 09-11-2006 04:35 PM

I think we've got a chance with Huard.

I really do.

I'm watching some of DRU's replays, and he's able to make accurate throws, quick reads. A couple times he's got real pressure in his face and he still completes passes. He appears to know where guys are going to be, and what his hot reads are. The TD throw to Gonzalez was squeezed into a very tight area.

I think if he can get a handle on pocket presence and protecting the ball, he'll be fine.

We're still going to need a big effort from the defense, but I think we've got a chance. The run game better show up.

The Bad Guy 09-11-2006 04:36 PM

I think you're on drugs.

The Broncos D makes the Bengals look like farm league.

JBucc 09-11-2006 04:37 PM

or not

Hammock Parties 09-11-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
I think you're on drugs.

The Broncos D makes the Bengals look like farm league.

They struggled with Steven Jackson. I saw several missed tackles. In fact, Jackson made DJ Williams his bitch.

The Rams bogged down in the red zone, but they moved the ball effectively.

And I think the Bengals have a better defensive line, personally.

Bwana 09-11-2006 04:40 PM

Huard doesn't have a chance with Black.

ChiefsfaninPA 09-11-2006 04:40 PM

I think he will not be as bad as people are claiming. The guy game into a game that already was bad, and did what he could. Did he look shaky, yes. But most second string QB's that haven't gotten any meaningful playing time would look the same. If the O can play better, LJ can get the rock more and our D plays good against the donkeys O that looks pathetic, the game might not turn out like we think. Let the guy play before you call for his head. Either that or you go play QB since obviously it is so easy.

vailpass 09-11-2006 04:42 PM

I think I'll start archiving GoatCheese's genius football takes. I'll start with his mortal lock of the week pre-Bengals game analysis, then add the golden beauty in this thread.

Not for smack purposes but for sheer amusement at what a pretender is the nerd called Draven.

Keep talking out of your ass girlfriend. If you stand when you pee often enough you are bound to hit the toilet sooner or later.

Deberg_1990 09-11-2006 04:42 PM

i might be inclined to believe you if our coach was named Bill Bellicheck or Mike Shanahan. Unfortunately our head coach is named Herman Edwards.

DaFace 09-11-2006 04:43 PM

While I don't cry "doom and gloom" with Huard in, I think it's a long stretch to think we'll actually be able to win that game.

The Bad Guy 09-11-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
They struggled with Steven Jackson. I saw several missed tackles. In fact, Jackson made DJ Williams his bitch.

The Rams bogged down in the red zone, but they moved the ball effectively.

And I think the Bengals have a better defensive line, personally.

You know what helped Jax get that many yards?

The presence of Marc Bulger, Torry Holt and Ike Bruce.

We have none of that, sans Tony Gonzalez. Huard can't even hold the football right when under pressure.

Saying you have faith in him to go into a place we haven't won in forever is crazy talk.

OldTownChief 09-11-2006 04:47 PM

Do you think Green is better than Huard?

Hootie 09-11-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
Do you think Green is better than Huard?

I don't. I think Huard is vastly underrated...he has the potential to throw for 5,000 yards this season and 50 TD's IMHO.

tk13 09-11-2006 04:51 PM

I just want him to protect the football. He won't be Green in there, but in terms of throwing it, I thought he was pretty smart with the football. He gave it to LJ a lot, and LJ with the ball is a good thing. The other thing he seemed to do was just throw it up to Gonzo and let him go get it. If he can keep doing that and protect the football hopefully he won't kill us.

trndobrd 09-11-2006 04:51 PM

I am confident that after a week taking snaps with the first string, watching film, and getting mentally prepared Huard will be fully ready to run around for his life and take repeated viscious hits as the Donx defensive players run past our O-line.

Deberg_1990 09-11-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I just want him to protect the football. He won't be Green in there, but in terms of throwing it, I thought he was pretty smart with the football. He gave it to LJ a lot, and LJ with the ball is a good thing. The other thing he seemed to do was just throw it up to Gonzo and let him go get it. If he can keep doing that and protect the football hopefully he won't kill us.

In order for us to win this game alot of things are going to have to go right. The defense will have to bring its A game. We will have to feed LJ and Bennett the ball at least 35+ times and control the clock. Huard just needs to manage the game and take care of the ball. I have huge doubts right now on whether Edwards, Gun and Solari can develop the proper game plan to win. I trust Shanahans skillz alot more than i do Edwards.