ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News RIP Steve Jobs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250986)

Hammock Parties 10-05-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970749)
You're right, Steve Jobs and Apple contributed absolutely nothing to this society over the past ten years.

Wow, butthurt much?

I appreciate what Steve Jobs did for society but let's not make him out to be something he isn't, mmkay? He did not change every American's life with the iPod. Christ. :rolleyes:

dirk digler 10-05-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7970743)
Did I say that? No. But to come on here and act like the iPod was the first mp3 player or the first one "available to the masses" is LMAO

No but the iPod and iTunes revolutionized that market and the music industry.

Bewbies 10-05-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970752)
The Creative Nomad Jukebox = The Matt Cassel of MP3 players.

That's not accurate, because a lot of people have heard of Matt Cassel.

dirk digler 10-05-2011 07:13 PM

the iPod is so dominate Microsoft just killed the Zune

Chiefspants 10-05-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7970759)
That's not accurate, because a lot of people have heard of Matt Cassel.

Hmm.. The Creative Nomad Jukebox = Sabby Piscitelli?

Spott 10-05-2011 07:14 PM

Too bad. The dude was good all the way to the core.

Hammock Parties 10-05-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7970761)
the iPod is so dominate Microsoft just killed the Zune

I have a 30GB Zune, and I love it.

And it only cost me $70.

Eat shit, jobs. Or eat yourself, I guess. Wait, you can't eat.

Bewbies 10-05-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970762)
Hmm.. The Creative Nomad Jukebox = Sabby Piscitelli?

There's no way it was that bad. :D

BigRichard 10-05-2011 07:18 PM

You guys are talking about the iphone and ipad but him and the Waz started the mass market for the home pc. If they had not done what they had done back then I don't think we would be where we are at with any technology.

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griZZly64 (Post 7970575)
One less greedy mother****er. Maybe more of them will pass so they can quit hoardin all the money.

You're a ****ing idiot. Apple create more than 75,000 jobs a year, most in the U.S. He completely raised the bar for American technology.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:19 PM

I know it's not very nice to speak ill of the dead... but Jobs was NOT a good human being by any stretch of the imagination...

Here is one of my favorite stories exemplifying what kind of person he REALLY was...

Quote:

Bushnell put out the word at Atari that he would pay anyone who could design the game and reduce the number of ICs that it used, $100 per IC removed from the design. Steve Jobs, at the time a low-paid technician at Atari, accepted the challenge. He originally attempted to work on the design himself, but soon found himself in way over his head. He then brought in his friend Steve Wozniak, who liked to hang out at Atari and playtest the new games as they rolled off the assembly lines.

Woz and Jobs stayed up for four days working on the design. Woz would work on the game at night, take a small catnap, go to work at his day job at Hewlett-Packard, and then return home at night to resume work on the design. In the end, Woz reduced the design down to 42 ICs, and both he and Jobs contracted mono from staying up for four days straight working on it. Jobs received a $5,000 bonus and told Woz it was only $700 and gave Steve Wozniak his '50%'... $350.
Stealing over $2000 from his "friend" who did ALL the work... That's a pretty huge chunk of money for a mid-level engineer in 1976.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7970773)
You guys are talking about the iphone and ipad but him and the Waz started the mass market for the home pc. If they had not done what they had done back then I don't think we would be where we are at with any technology.

Let's be clear here... WOZ created .. Jobs just took credit.

RealSNR 10-05-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 7970722)
Who cares, he revolutionized them and made them accessible to the masses.

By creating a product that was more expensive he was making the technology accessible to the masses LMAO

Listen, I give him full credit for his marketing ideas and product concepts. The dude knew what people wanted out of electronic devices and he made it happen for them. He's an INSANELY smart and intelligent businessman, and made shit that millions of people love. That's impressive, it really is. Congrats. But he's not a ****ing hero, and he didn't make my life any better by building all the gadgets he sold.

I've owned one Apple product in my entire life-- this MacBook I'm typing on right now. I love it. But if Steve Jobs never existed, I probably would have just simply bought another laptop.

JFC, what's next? Did Johannes Gutenberg write the ****ing Bible?

Chiefspants 10-05-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970775)
I know it's not very nice to speak ill of the dead... but Jobs was NOT a good human being by any stretch of the imagination...

Here is one of my favorite stories exemplifying what kind of person he REALLY was...

Stealing over $2000 from his "friend" who did ALL the work... That's a pretty huge chunk of money for a mid-level engineer in 1976.

I don't know, in my opinion, there's a pretty large gap between the Steve Jobs of the 70's/80's and the Steve Jobs of the 2000's.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970778)
I don't know, in my opinion, there's a pretty large gap between the Steve Jobs of the 70's/80's and the Steve Jobs of the 2000's.

Once a thief always a thief... it's a character thing... just because he got rich and didn't have to steal doesn't make him a good person... sorry, but true.