ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Prayers for my Dad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243761)

Mosbonian 04-10-2011 11:41 AM

Prayers for my Dad

As all of you who have been around ChiefsPlanet know, I have spent the last few years rebuilding my relationship with my Father. Without recounting the whole story, we drifted apart because of philosophical differences, and after many years of stilted conversations we came to terms with each other.

The last few years have been nice....while we don't live close, we talk by phone each week. When my wife would go home on school breaks to visit her family she made sure my Father go to see the kids.

Dad's health has not been good for some time, (partly the reason for us coming to terms with each other) and has gradually gotten a little worse each year.

This past weekend I came home to Kansas City to visit him....he had asked me to come for a visit. I was pretty sure I knew why he wanted to see me, but was hoping that it was just because I hadn't been back in a year.

My Father and I had breakfast on Friday and he broke the news I have dreaded hearing. There is no more that the Dr's can do for him and they have given him a timetable...a short one...and he wanted to see all of us one last time, while not lying in a hospital room. While knowing, due to his condition, that this was inevitable, it still hurt badly. I tried not to cry, not to embarass him, but I couldn't help myself. Something about the finality of it all hit me hard enough that the ability to remain strong was no longer there.

We spent a couple of hours talking about things...both past and present...and parted with something my Father has never done...a hug.

I would like to ask for your thoughts and prayers for my Dad, a life-long Chiefs fan as he faces his final days here.

Thank you,

Mark

Dave Lane 04-10-2011 11:50 AM

Mark, best of luck to you and your dad. May his passing be easy. Its a hard thing to know and live with. But be happy for having him as long as you did and being close to him

RJ 04-10-2011 11:55 AM

Best wishes for all of you, Mark. I hope you dad's passing is as peaceful as possible for all concerned.

Titty Meat 04-10-2011 11:56 AM

So sorry to hear this man. From my experience i'd say spend as much time as possible with your father wether it be in person or speaking to him over the phone.

Bwana 04-10-2011 11:57 AM

Done, sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm happy you two were able to work things out.

big nasty kcnut 04-10-2011 12:24 PM

done

BIG_DADDY 04-10-2011 12:24 PM

God bless you and your father Mark. Good to see you guys worked things out and don't trip on the crying.

mlyonsd 04-10-2011 12:26 PM

Prayers your way.

Zebedee DuBois 04-10-2011 12:33 PM

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

SAUTO 04-10-2011 12:39 PM

Prayers on the way buddy
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown 04-10-2011 12:39 PM

God bless you and your Father, Mark. You'll be in our prayers.

Ming the Merciless 04-10-2011 12:43 PM

Done.

R8RFAN 04-10-2011 12:51 PM

That brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat, I am sorry, Prayers sent

seclark 04-10-2011 01:03 PM

prayers for you, your father, and all those involved.
sec

Easy 6 04-10-2011 01:16 PM

I truly feel your pain man, went thru something fairly similar with my Dad.

Max out the time that remains.