ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU My Ex Step-Cousin QB Verbally Committed to Kansas State (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262271)

rico 08-11-2012 04:19 PM

My Ex Step-Cousin QB Verbally Committed to Kansas State

The kid's name is Jesse Ertz and he is a stud QB from Mediapolis High School....a small school/town in Iowa. He recently verbally committed to play QB at Kansas State.

Now, I know close to nothing about Kansas State. I am also from Mediapolis (born, raised and moved back here after college) where there really isn't very many Chiefs fans, let alone KSU fans. Mediapolis is located in Southeast Iowa and I think the majority of Iowan Chief fans seem to be from Southwest Iowa. Our football program has never really been notably good until the past couple years....they have a bundle of talent right now (for 2a Iowa anyways). The new KSU recruit, Jesse Ertz, has been a very successful QB for the team these past few years.

There seems to be a few KSU fans who post on here because every once in a while I will notice them being referenced. So maybe a few people may find this interesting. Usually when I notice a KSU thread, I don't even bother to read it because I have no reason to. I will probably follow them a bit more closely now though.

Ok, so the title of the thread may come off as kind of confusing, but I can easily explain it. I am a Swafford. My grandpa and grandma Swafford divorced in the 1970's and my grandpa remarried Jesse's grandma (his mom's mom). My grandpa and Jesse Ertz's grandma divorced in the 90's. His grandma to this day has the last name, Swafford. I grew up thinking of her as a grandma and still kind of do, although I haven't seen her as much as I'd like to since they divorced. Obviously, since my dad and Jesse's mom were step-siblings, I saw his family around a lot when I was younger around the community, family gatherings, etc.

So just a few minutes ago, I pulled into my driveway and my neighbor flagged me down and was like, "hey Swaff, you hear that Jesse Ertz verbally committed at KSU?" It was news to me. I thought it was pretty cool and kind of crazy because he was a baby the last time I remember really being around him. And it's not only the familial connection, but it's the community connection as well. First off, Mediapolis is such a small town and it is rare that we ever produce D1 athletes....my brother was one of the few (he wrestled D1). Also, Mediapolis was never known for it's football program until Jesse Ertz (along with an awesome change in the coaching staff 6-7 years ago) added a spark to the program...they are speculated to be in the hunt for the 2a state title this year.

Anyways, I thought this was pretty cool. So what is the word on Kansas State? I'm assuming they are rivals with KU? Is it a good program? Like I said, I know nothing about KSU, but would like to know more now.

To the KSU fans, I hope Jesse does well for you guys, considering he starts.

Planetman 08-11-2012 04:23 PM

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

rico 08-11-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 8809972)
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Lol, I knew these were coming. :) Props and rep, that is funny.

rico 08-11-2012 04:26 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5AhJXL0K7cE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phobia 08-11-2012 04:40 PM

It would have been a lot less confusing if you just said "this guy I'm not related to at all and have never been related to."

rico 08-11-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8809994)
It would have been a lot less confusing if you just said "this guy I'm not related to at all and have never been related to."

Haha, come on.... we both refer to the same woman as, "Grandma." His grandma Swafford, which is MY last name. (Although she actually is his biological grandma). :)

Saulbadguy 08-11-2012 04:47 PM

Wow, 2 stars and an offer from Western Illinois. I'm excited. :rolleyes:

rico 08-11-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8810001)
Wow, 2 stars and an offer from Western Illinois. I'm excited. :rolleyes:

I didn't look into that, although I probably should have been expected to.... sorry that I couldn't excite you, homeslice.

CaliforniaChief 08-11-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8809999)
Haha, come on.... we both refer to the same woman as, "Grandma." His grandma Swafford, which is MY last name. (Although she actually is his biological grandma). :)

You probably shouldn't give out last names. A bored ChiefsPlanet can put it's incredible investigative skills to use at will and before you know it, your ex-step cousin's former stepdad's tranny hooker will be tied to Kurt's mom, thus ending your ex step-cousin's career before it starts.

rico 08-11-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8810021)
You probably shouldn't give out last names. A bored ChiefsPlanet can put it's incredible investigative skills to use at will and before you know it, your ex-step cousin's former stepdad's tranny hooker will be tied to Kurt's mom, thus ending your ex step-cousin's career before it starts.

On a serious note, is it a bad idea to name-drop on here? Has some crazy shit happened in the past due to that?

bevischief 08-11-2012 05:29 PM

What part of Iowa? My wife has all kinds of family from there.

rico 08-11-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8810068)
What part of Iowa? My wife has all kinds of family from there.

Southeast. Boondocks. Burlington, IA is our region's "big" city..... the city with a Wal-Mart.

MOhillbilly 08-11-2012 05:54 PM

My cousin would crush your cousin.

KCBOSS1 08-11-2012 08:13 PM

Ex step-cousin, which means some kid I know by name of no relation at all........

rico 08-11-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 8810425)
Ex step-cousin, which means some kid I know by name of no relation at all........

Yes. Good job. That is correct. I have acknowledged this and explained it thoroughly (excluding my sarcastic exchanges where I was joking around about the lack of relation...). God damn some people look for reasons to be dicks.

Ugh, I can't wait until this thread is buried. I feel like a tool box for posting it and that dude above has me all paranoid about name-dropping.

milkman 08-11-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8810448)
Yes. Good job. That is correct. I have acknowledged this and explained it thoroughly (excluding my sarcastic exchanges where I was joking around about the lack of relation...). God damn some people look for reasons to be dicks.

Ugh, I can't wait until this thread is buried. I feel like a tool box for posting it and that dude above has me all paranoid about name-dropping.

You know what.

**** 'em.

Braincase 08-11-2012 08:31 PM

I hope he has a great experience at K-State, and marries a hotter chick from KU.

DaneMcCloud 08-11-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8810041)
On a serious note, is it a bad idea to name-drop on here? Has some crazy shit happened in the past due to that?

Crazy shit? Nah. Ignore anyone that criticizes you for name-dropping.

Best of luck to your non-inbred, non-cousin!

cdcox 08-11-2012 09:13 PM

Jesse Ertz > Matt Cassel

rico 08-11-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8810461)
You know what.

**** 'em.

I'm gradually (heavy emphasis on gradually) getting to the point where I can comfortably, confidently and consistently maintain the **** 'em mindset with a few of the posters on here. I do have that mindset on another board that I post on frequently. But that board is an Iowa youth, high school and college wrestling board and since I am experienced in and have followed all three of those levels of Iowa wrestling for decades, I know pretty much everything like the back of my hand and can successfully debate about anything associated with it. On this board, I read a lot, but stray away from participating in some of the real technical football conversations because I'm not 100% confident in my knowledge of it... I have learned a lot from many of you and intend on continuing to learn, but I have to feel real confident in my knowledge before I will allow myself to mix it up in some of these football conversations. There are few things that annoy me more than observing some of the people on here who post, but obviously don't know what they are talking about.... I don't want want to be one of those guys and if I were to attempt to mix it up in some of these conversations, I would most definitely be one of "those guys." The crazy thing is when I originally created my account, I actually thought I had a vast knowledge of Chiefs football/football in general....what a rude awakening that was. I'll get there, but it may take a couple years. It's a process. :)

Lol, I don't know what provoked that irrelevant, ramblish rant, but sorry if reading it was tough to endure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8810502)
Crazy shit? Nah. Ignore anyone that criticizes you for name-dropping.

Best of luck to your non-inbred, non-cousin!

Lol, thanks. Although, I admit, I really don't know the kid and haven't really been around him since he was a baby, I still want to see him succeed even if the odds don't seem to be in his favor with being a 2 star recruit (according to saul) and all. His sister was closer to my age (29) and I knew her pretty well. It was one of those things where every once in a while when we'd talk, we would get on the topic of, "remember when we used to be cousins" followed by some random memory from when our grandparents were married.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8810535)
Jesse Ertz > Matt Cassel

LMAO

Coach 08-11-2012 10:09 PM

Stars don't mean shit anyways.

It's about hard work and dedication.

rico 08-11-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 8810652)
Stars don't mean shit anyways.

It's about hard work and dedication.

One of my baby brothers is a Freshman on the team this year and he and his friends told me that Jesse has a lot of the intangibles that may help him be successful. Of course, this is coming from Freshmen/Sophomores in high school.

1st team all state last year as a Junior...of course this is 2a, Iowa.

I actually read on the Hawkeyes board that he was recruited by Iowa, Purdue, Iowa State, Northwestern and Wake Forest. They said that he worked out as QB and WR for Iowa...Evidently he is wanting to exclusively play QB.

Phobia 08-11-2012 10:24 PM

It's awesome, dude. Anybody who can play ball at that next level coming from a 2A school in Iowa is something special. Most people are just jerking your chain. Don't sweat it. We'd all love to suit up for a Div1 school but only a few have.

Planetman 08-11-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8810471)
I hope he has a great experience at K-State, and marries a hotter chick from KU.

AWWSOME! LMAO

ArrowheadHawk 08-11-2012 10:46 PM

I think my step-brother-in-laws second cousin's sister's boyfriend plays football for Mizzouri.

rico 11-10-2012 05:11 PM

FWIW to you K-State fans, Ertz had a great senior season and last week he ended up breaking the Iowa high school career touchdown passes record which was previously held by current Iowa Hawkeye starting QB, James Vandenberg. Mediapolis football qualified for state for the first time ever this year and are playing in the semi-finals tonight at 7 pm. So if any of you KSU fans want to watch Ertz play in a meaningful game, you can do so at 7 pm at this site: http://www.livesportsvideo.com/ihssn/

Old Dog 11-10-2012 05:55 PM

good call. Left foot clearly out

LiveSteam 11-10-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8809967)
The kid's name is Jesse Ertz and he is a stud QB from Mediapolis High School....a small school/town in Iowa. He recently verbally committed to play QB at Kansas State.

Now, I know close to nothing about Kansas State. I am also from Mediapolis (born, raised and moved back here after college) where there really isn't very many Chiefs fans, let alone KSU fans. Mediapolis is located in Southeast Iowa and I think the majority of Iowan Chief fans seem to be from Southwest Iowa. Our football program has never really been notably good until the past couple years....they have a bundle of talent right now (for 2a Iowa anyways). The new KSU recruit, Jesse Ertz, has been a very successful QB for the team these past few years.

There seems to be a few KSU fans who post on here because every once in a while I will notice them being referenced. So maybe a few people may find this interesting. Usually when I notice a KSU thread, I don't even bother to read it because I have no reason to. I will probably follow them a bit more closely now though.

Ok, so the title of the thread may come off as kind of confusing, but I can easily explain it. I am a Swafford. My grandpa and grandma Swafford divorced in the 1970's and my grandpa remarried Jesse's grandma (his mom's mom). My grandpa and Jesse Ertz's grandma divorced in the 90's. His grandma to this day has the last name, Swafford. I grew up thinking of her as a grandma and still kind of do, although I haven't seen her as much as I'd like to since they divorced. Obviously, since my dad and Jesse's mom were step-siblings, I saw his family around a lot when I was younger around the community, family gatherings, etc.

So just a few minutes ago, I pulled into my driveway and my neighbor flagged me down and was like, "hey Swaff, you hear that Jesse Ertz verbally committed at KSU?" It was news to me. I thought it was pretty cool and kind of crazy because he was a baby the last time I remember really being around him. And it's not only the familial connection, but it's the community connection as well. First off, Mediapolis is such a small town and it is rare that we ever produce D1 athletes....my brother was one of the few (he wrestled D1). Also, Mediapolis was never known for it's football program until Jesse Ertz (along with an awesome change in the coaching staff 6-7 years ago) added a spark to the program...they are speculated to be in the hunt for the 2a state title this year.

Anyways, I thought this was pretty cool. So what is the word on Kansas State? I'm assuming they are rivals with KU? Is it a good program? Like I said, I know nothing about KSU, but would like to know more now.

To the KSU fans, I hope Jesse does well for you guys, considering he starts.

Are their small mountains & rocky outcrops where you live ? LMAO

rico 06-26-2015 11:24 AM

So this kid is evidently Kansas State's presumed starter for this coming season. I will be watching a lot of KSU football this year. A lot of Southeast Iowa is tuning in to Kansas State because of Jesse now. Can't wait!

Hootie 06-26-2015 11:39 AM

wtf is an ex step-cousin!?

WhawhaWhat 06-26-2015 11:41 AM

Does he know Marco Estrada?

KCUnited 06-26-2015 11:43 AM

Sorry to hear you broke up with your step cousin.

Donger 06-26-2015 11:55 AM

Isn't pretty much everyone who lives in Mediapolis, IA related in one way or another?

rico 06-26-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11567640)

Lol

rico 06-26-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11567634)
wtf is an ex step-cousin!?

My dad's dad was married to his mom's mom...but then they got divorced. We had Christmas gatherings together until they divorced...Jesse was either a baby or unborn...their divorce date was was close to his birth date, I think. His oldest sister and I were pretty tight... His family is cool. I still refer to his Grandma as "Grandma." His grandma's last name is my last name.

rico 06-26-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11567656)
Isn't pretty much everyone who lives in Mediapolis, IA related in one way or another?

Kind of.

Donger 06-26-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11567669)
Kind of.

LMAO

Beef Supreme 06-26-2015 02:50 PM

Is this like the guy who introduces you to his wife and sister when there is only one woman standing near him?

Pasta Little Brioni 06-26-2015 02:53 PM

A return to full rico!! Moar.

ptlyon 06-26-2015 02:55 PM

Git off me pa yer crushing my smokes

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-26-2015 04:12 PM

Gonna be a rough year for the K-State offense

Mama Hip Rockets 06-26-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11567638)

ROFL

Mama Hip Rockets 06-26-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11567640)

ROFL

rico 06-26-2015 04:54 PM

LET'S GO JESSE ERTZ!!!!!!!!!

rico 06-26-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11567638)

You are going to have to explain this one to me.

alanm 06-26-2015 08:28 PM

What the hell is a step cousin? :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni 06-26-2015 08:42 PM

This is why my rico roast was gold

KC native 06-26-2015 11:35 PM

He's going to get wrecked by TCU. Just letting you know.

kc hopeful 06-27-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8810088)
Southeast. Boondocks. Burlington, IA is our region's "big" city..... the city with a Wal-Mart.

Burlington Iowa.....home of Rich Dansdill !

rico 06-27-2015 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc hopeful (Post 11569049)
Burlington Iowa.....home of Rich Dansdill !

Who's that?!

Pitt Gorilla 06-27-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11567667)
My dad's dad was married to his mom's mom...but then they got divorced. We had Christmas gatherings together until they divorced...Jesse was either a baby or unborn...their divorce date was was close to his birth date, I think. His oldest sister and I were pretty tight... His family is cool. I still refer to his Grandma as "Grandma." His grandma's last name is my last name.

I bet.

rico 06-27-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11569387)
I bet.

Hey now!!!!!

rico 09-05-2015 04:57 PM

Jesse is about to make his first start for the Wildcats in a few minutes. It is crazy in Mediapolis, IA right now...a huge deal...literally the whole community and surrounding towns in Southeast Iowa are watching this game and backing him. We haven't had an athlete accomplish anything like this before. Area newspapers have been covering this A LOT since he was named starter. Man, I hope he does well!!!

M-E-P-O GO MEPO GO!!!!

Strongside 09-05-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11707738)
Jesse is about to make his first start for the Wildcats in a few minutes. It is crazy in Mediapolis, IA right now...a huge deal...literally the whole community and surrounding towns in Southeast Iowa are watching this game and backing him. We haven't had an athlete accomplish anything like this before. Area newspapers have been covering this A LOT since he was named starter. Man, I hope he does well!!!

M-E-P-O GO MEPO GO!!!!

is this game on TV?

rico 09-05-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11707756)
is this game on TV?

I googled "Kansas State TV" and just paid $10 for the monthly fee...I'm watching from my laptop right now. I bet there have been hundreds a of Mediapolis people who have done this...and we only have a population of 1500... LMAO.

rico 09-05-2015 05:13 PM

K State starts with a kickoff return for a TD...LMAO

rico 09-05-2015 05:23 PM

Annnnd on the first play he hurts his knee... UGH!!!

KCFalcon59 09-05-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11707840)

sorry to hear that man. Hope he isn't hurt bad and can make it back soon.

Bambi 09-05-2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11707840)

Aw sucks. Does it look serious?

rico 09-05-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 11707859)
sorry to hear that man. Hope he isn't hurt bad and can make it back soon.

Thanks bud.

I hope this doesn't stem from his injury from his Senior year in high school. He tore his ACL at substate. Played on it through the semifinal game at state and Snyder told him that he didn't want him playing on it in the state finals because he didn't want him to risk his future collegiate career...so our team lost in the finals by a couple points...if we would have had Jesse, we would have blown them out. Nevertheless, it was gritty of him to lead our team to the finals through two games wth a torn ACL.

The announcers just made it sound as if it looks pretty serious. :(

rico 09-05-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11707870)
Aw sucks. Does it look serious?

Yeah, it looked serious. And the announcers just said he was real emotionally distressed before being led to the locker room. Son of a gun.....:(

Rain Man 09-05-2015 05:47 PM

I hope you can get your $10 back.

Sucks for your ex step cousin.

rico 09-05-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11707904)
I hope you can get your $10 back.

Sucks for your ex step cousin.

Haha I think I might just end up watching a bunch of Kansas State games this year. I have never been able to get into the Iowa Hawkeyes. I've been more of a Notre Dame fan... This was another crazy family thing. My grandma had 14 sisters and 2 brothers...which put me in awkward situations every time I went on dates when I was single...I had to interrogate my dates about their family lineage, for all of my great aunts married into different last names. Anyways, one of my cousins from that side married Lou Holtz's son when Holtz was the Irish coach. So since then, I've rooted for the Irish despite the fact that I've never met Lou Holtz...or his son...or my cousin who married him....or her mom, which was my Grandma's sister. Haha.

This Kansas State stuff has been cool because with Jesse Ertz, I feel like I can root for a team that other people in my area are rooting for as well because like I said, I just can't get into the Hawkeyes for a variety of reasons. The most I ever followed the Hawkeyes was during the Stanzi era...he was so fun to watch.

lewdog 09-05-2015 06:01 PM

I'm sorry but the thread title of this just screams inbred, meth, rednecks and trailers all in one.

Sorry about the injury though. That would be tough shit.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-05-2015 06:10 PM

10,000 words dedicated to one play. The most rico thing to ever happen

rico 09-05-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11707933)
I'm sorry but the thread title of this just screams inbred, meth, rednecks and trailers all in one.

Sorry about the injury though. That would be tough shit.

Lol, I know it does. I thought it'd be funny, but to make it worse, it's true! LMAO

Yeah, looking at facebook...our community is very upset.

rico 09-05-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11707969)
10,000 words dedicated to one play. The most rico thing to ever happen

Yeah dude, it doesn't look good. I have a gut feeling he may have re-tweaked that ACL. :(

lewdog 09-05-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11707985)
Yeah dude, it doesn't look good. I have a gut feeling he may have re-tweaked that ACL. :(

That's terrible.

Is he a senior?

rico 09-05-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11707994)
That's terrible.

Is he a senior?

Nope, Sophomore.

rico 03-24-2018 07:48 AM

So my dad just got done telling me something interesting...

Guess who met with the Chiefs for 3 hours the other day and things apparently went well?!?!?!

Jesse Ertz...my ex step cousin.

I’m guessing he will be UDFA...

booger 03-24-2018 08:28 AM

Burlington yeah I got a nice coat from their factory one year for Christmas

booger 03-24-2018 08:37 AM

Not sure on the specific date but they do a pre draft visit with players who went to the local D1 schools but also the small schools in a certain radius of KC. Plus kids that went to HS in KC area. Then after the draft they have the rookie minicamp and have tryout guys there. Probably a couple QBs tryout and or signed if they don’t draft one late so those couple events I would bet he has a good chance for an invite if they like him. That would be a really good experience for him

Chiefpanther 03-24-2018 09:10 AM

Don’t worry good post. Too bad he didn’t go to the hawkeyes

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-24-2018 10:44 AM

Saw this thread from years back and it brought back some memories... I used to play against MEPO in high school and a few of the highlights were on my old high school's field... ahhhh Seven Ponds Park in the 80's...

rico 03-25-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13486224)
Burlington yeah I got a nice coat from their factory one year for Christmas

I didn’t realize that their place was a Burlington address. Lot of Mepo kids who live South of town have Burlington addresses for some reason. Mepo boy, though! A town of like...1500! I live right in the middle of those mean streets!

Off topic...My brother is hands down, the best athlete Mepo has had since Ertz... 1st team all state DL, 4 time placer/2 time finalist in wrestling, will likely win 1-2 sprinting events at state this year...great at the 400...went to state and placed in, I believe 3 events and a Drake Relays event as a Junior...

Anyways, Senior this year. Hasn’t made his commitment...everyone is expecting wrestling because that is what my family is synonymous with...I believe he is going to sign in the next week to play football in college. Should be fun.

rico 03-25-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefpanther (Post 13486284)
Don’t worry good post. Too bad he didn’t go to the hawkeyes

They wanted to convert him to a WR. He wasn’t having it.

notorious 03-25-2018 10:32 AM

If he can hand the ball off he is an upgrade over Bray.

rico 03-25-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13486481)
Saw this thread from years back and it brought back some memories... I used to play against MEPO in high school and a few of the highlights were on my old high school's field... ahhhh Seven Ponds Park in the 80's...

Ahhhh dude my stomping grounds as a tyke!!! I wish they still had it!!! My friend’s parents owned that...he lives there now...throws great parties.

rico 03-25-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13486236)
Not sure on the specific date but they do a pre draft visit with players who went to the local D1 schools but also the small schools in a certain radius of KC. Plus kids that went to HS in KC area. Then after the draft they have the rookie minicamp and have tryout guys there. Probably a couple QBs tryout and or signed if they don’t draft one late so those couple events I would bet he has a good chance for an invite if they like him. That would be a really good experience for him

I probably shouldn’t elaborate on some of the details I’ve heard...but I think he is being seriously looked into and considered by the Chiefs. I agree, it’ll be a great experience for him! It’ll be a great experience for Mepo! Heck...some of my friends may actually become Chiefs fans!!!

Chiefshrink 03-25-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13488201)
They wanted to convert him to a WR. He wasn’t having it.

With all due respect and I like ya rico and am not dissing on your boy Ertz here, but he ain't no QB either "at the next level"(NFL). And I am a big K-State fan as well. I see Ertz more as an H-Back/TE at the next level and maybe why the Chiefs were talking to him. The two back up QBs at K-State(Fort Hays kid/ Independence Mo.kid) definitely showed K-State is fine at the QB position. Will be interesting to see who wins the starting battle for the 18 season for sure.