ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Looks like Norv turner getting fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252813)

CaliforniaChief 12-03-2011 11:57 AM

Dean Spanos is going to eat a lot of cash to dump both AJ Smith and Norv Turner.

Of course he'll get it right back if the team moves to Los Angeles.

tredadda 12-03-2011 12:00 PM

I wouldn't mind if Norv was brought in to be our offensive coordinator. He is a great offensive mind, just a crappy HC. Problem is I don't think Haley can co-exist with another offensive minded coach (and I don't mean Muir).

Deberg_1990 12-03-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8163253)
People keep talking about Norv like he's some awesome OC.

What the hell has he ever done without the Dallas Cowboys? Jack ****ing shit.

Ill never understand why he keeps getting hired as a HC? He was in D.C. for like 6 or 7 years and never did crap. Then the Raiders and well, thats not even worth discussing....yet the Chargers thought he would make a good HC. WTF????

Rausch 12-03-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8163202)
At the end of the day, system doesn't matter.

Talent matters, and, of course, talent at the most important position matters most.

Don't tell that to guys like Gailey, Cowher, or the Hoodie.

They've made a solid living off of making pigs smell like perfume...

milkman 12-03-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8163398)
Don't tell that to guys like Gailey, Cowher, or the Hoodie.

They've made a solid living off of making pigs smell like perfume...

And when it mattered most, the real smell overcame the perfume.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-03-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8163393)
Ill never understand why he keeps getting hired as a HC? He was in D.C. for like 6 or 7 years and never did crap. Then the Raiders and well, thats not even worth discussing....yet the Chargers thought he would make a good HC. WTF????

The Bolts will hire Herm and Matt Millen to replace Norv and A.J.

Frankie 12-03-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8163466)

Every Chief fan's wet dream. The only thing better would be if Denver did that.

whoman69 12-03-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8163466)

Unless you throw Marty Morningweg into the mix, you couldn't have more of a downgrade in this instance. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Rausch 12-03-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8163415)
And when it mattered most, the real smell overcame the perfume.

2 out of those 3 got rings.

I'll take that smell...

Bwana 12-03-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8163380)
Honestly, since the thought is they might upgrade to Cowher/Fisher/Reid I'm not too worried. While certainly better than Norv, the lot of them are overrated IMO.

Yes, but about anyone would be an upgrade over Norv.

Okie_Apparition 12-03-2011 02:01 PM

Not the end of Norf ball
nooooooooooooooooooooo

htismaqe 12-03-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8163507)
2 out of those 3 got rings.

I'll take that smell...

Those guys got rings for precisely the reason Milk mentioned. Without the stud QB, none of them have won a thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-03-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8163836)
Those guys got rings for precisely the reason Milk mentioned. Without the stud QB, none of them have won a thing.

Nice to see you back, Parker! Merry Christmas to you and your family man.

Buck 12-03-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8163253)
People keep talking about Norv like he's some awesome OC.

What the hell has he ever done without the Dallas Cowboys? Jack ****ing shit. I could have coordinated that offensive cast. "Okay guys, we're going to run on first and second down, then throw to Irvin on 3rd down".

Holy complex offense batman!

Norv leans on the running game when the running game is not working. He leans on the passing game when the passing game is not working. He's done this everywhere he's been.

So unless Norv is bringing the offense from the 1993 Dallas Cowboys and a time machine with him, he can just go the **** away.

Look at every team he became the OC of compared to the year before.

I bet you that the improvement on offense was pretty good in every occasion.

He's a good OC, I remember he came here in 2001 as our OC and our Offense improved a lot. I know he went to Miami and they had a few playoff years with him as OC. Then he went to San Francisco and coached Alex Smith to his one good year before this year.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-23-2011 12:24 PM

Report: S.D.'s turnaround impresses brass

December, 23, 2011
Dec 23

11:50

AM ET

Email
Print
Comments50

By Bill Williamson

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Chargers ownership is unsure whether it is going to fire coach Norv Turner and perhaps general manager A.J. Smith.

It has been considered almost a certainty that Turner and perhaps Smith would be fired when the Chargers entered December on a six-game losing streak. However, San Diego has been one of the hottest teams in the league this month as it has outscored three opponents, 109-38.

The newspaper reports owner Dean Spanos is now conflicted because he likes the fight Turner has put in the team and Spanos was impressed by the fan support he saw in the stadium Sunday in a big win over Baltimore.

The paper reports that if the Chargers can go to the final week of the season in contention it could go a long way toward saving Turner’s and perhaps Smith’s jobs. Ultimately, getting to the playoffs is what ownership wants to see, but it is interesting that it has been influenced by this hot streak.

Tags:
San Diego Chargers, A.J. Smith, Dean Spanos, Norv Turner