ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request My mom is in very rough shape. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262603)

SAUTO 08-20-2012 08:23 AM

sorry to hear, prayers on the way

El Jefe 08-20-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8834819)
WTF happened man? Any idea why her O2 Sats would drop like that? Lung issue?
Heart problem?
At any rate, hope ahe's ok soon.

No idea, she has been battling numerous different health issues over the years. This came out of no where. The doctors have been running all sorts of tests, and haven't been able to find anything. They had her on oxygen for a few hours and she was able to generate enough on her own. Then it dipped down again, she is on a downward spiral I hope the doctors can stop. We are sitting with a crap load of unanswered questions, but hopefully the continuous tests they are running will yield something for us.

Canofbier 08-20-2012 08:26 AM

Sorry to hear it. I hope things can turn around and she comes out of this as healthy as ever.

Luke Warm 08-20-2012 09:17 AM

Very sorry. Not familiar with your situation but it obviously isn't good at the moment so prayers are definitely sent your familys way. Be strong.

El Jefe 08-20-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone Cold (Post 8834925)
Very sorry. Not familiar with your situation but it obviously isn't good at the moment so prayers are definitely sent your familys way. Be strong.

I'm not sure what's going on. They "think" she is battling a serious infection of some sort. They have been pumping her full of dilaudid and just running tests. Her oxygen levels are all out of sorts, and she is almost incapable of even interacting. It's very scary, the doctors seem to be scared to pull the trigger on a diagnosis, but they seem to think it is very serious and continue running tests and talking with my dad.

Lumpy 08-20-2012 11:37 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. :( Hopefully her doctors will find out something soon!

I'll keep her and your family in my thoughts.

SuperChief 08-20-2012 11:49 AM

Good vibes on the way, man. Stay strong.

mikey23545 08-20-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kept Man (Post 8835301)
I'm not sure what's going on. They "think" she is battling a serious infection of some sort. They have been pumping her full of dilaudid and just running tests. Her oxygen levels are all out of sorts, and she is almost incapable of even interacting. It's very scary, the doctors seem to be scared to pull the trigger on a diagnosis, but they seem to think it is very serious and continue running tests and talking with my dad.

Well I would hope they pump her full of more than a pain med if they think she has a serious infection, even if they're not sure what kind of infection...Is her white blood cell count high? Why wouldn't they be hitting her up with some broad-spectrum antibiotics if they think she has an infection?

At any rate, thoughts are being sent to you and your mom...Hang tough, my friend.

Bwana 08-20-2012 12:23 PM

Done, all my best to her and your family.

El Jefe 08-20-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8835344)
Well I would hope they pump her full of more than a pain med if they think she has a serious infection, even if they're not sure what kind of infection...Is her white blood cell count high? Why wouldn't they be hitting her up with some broad-spectrum antibiotics if they think she has an infection?

At any rate, thoughts are being sent to you and your mom...Hang tough, my friend.

Yes, her white blood cell count is high. I have been wondering many of the things you have mentioned. They have run a gammit of tests on her, her spinal tap and CT scan looked good, so any positive news is good news.

38yrsfan 08-20-2012 03:13 PM

So sorry for to hear about this, prayers and hopes for your mom.

Buehler445 08-20-2012 03:24 PM

Sorry to hear this bud. I spent all weekend with my Mom and it further reinforces the fact that I can't handle losing my parents.

Al Czervik 08-20-2012 04:07 PM

Prayers being sent for your mom and family...
Peace

El Jefe 08-21-2012 02:07 PM

Update: She is getting worse, they have not been able to find a definitive cause. They believe it is an infection due to her white blood cell count, they have not ruled out menigitis. They have quarantined her and you have to wear a mask when you visit, but the outlook has been grim.

The Franchise 08-21-2012 02:10 PM

Sorry to hear that.

Viral Meningitis is in an outbreak here right now. I know of at least 6 people who have it and are in the hospital because of it.